FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
This is advice to any of you who are using an AC eCoupon as a form of payment on any tickets.

Last fall, I noticed AQD was missing and it was exactly the amount of an eCoupon I used to pay for part of the cost of a the ticket.

I sent in the AQD Discrepancy Form and got an apology that the correct amount has now been credited. The AQD Lady chose to create an entirely separate line on the AQD chart, listing the amount as MISC and the ticket # and date etc.
I sent an email back saying that is not how it works, but whatever.

Well, here we are in 2019. I'm not the only one who is receiving AQD for flights that is conveniently missing the amount that is EXACTLY what was the value of the eCoupon I used.

So, for any and all of you who are using an eCoupon for a ticket, watch your AQD like a hawk and trust no one. LOL

I certainly understand that AC and all airlines are shouting form the hilltops "Show me the %&!?&$ Money", but IMHO, AC was neither ready to launch this, still can't get it right and worse, doesn't have the skills to make sure that an eCoupon given to us for deflated service, is a FORM OF PAYMENT, not something they get to deduct from our AQD.

And yes, as a FT friend just reminded me "dont confuse malicious intent with incompetence". Indeed.

Rant over. May soon feel zen.
I suspected this was the case with my New Years trip. 2-pax PNR, and it was the other pax who had the voucher, but of course it was deducted from the AQD for me, the first pax on the PNR.

I should write in about that before I forget. Though I doubt it's going to make a difference for my qualification.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Does anyone getting <SE have trouble getting AQD given their miles or segments?
Yes. I have a friend who is considering crediting flights to AC this year. He's a non-resident. He'll easily blow past 35k AQM by end of month, but he won't even have the non-resident AQD for E35K after that.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes. I have a friend who is considering crediting flights to AC this year. He's a non-resident. He'll easily blow past 35k AQM by end of month, but he won't even have the non-resident AQD for E35K after that.
Then why? For road warriors, *G and lounge is hardly a bump in the road. I can only assume the next step on any carrier that matters is concierge.

Why would you fly X and credit Y for X!=Y?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Then why? For road warriors, *G and lounge is hardly a bump in the road. I can only assume the next step on any carrier that matters is concierge.

Why would you fly X and credit Y for X!=Y?
The majority of his revenue flying this year so far is booked on AC metal.

My point was just that he doesn't even have the full AQD requirements, and he's not hitting them, so there must be a lot of Canadian residents in similar situations.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:57 am

So it seems like all my AQD has posted, but I can't see the breakdown beyond the first page (i.e. the last 3 flights), meaning I can't match things up with my spreadsheet.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So it seems like all my AQD has posted, but I can't see the breakdown beyond the first page (i.e. the last 3 flights), meaning I can't match things up with my spreadsheet.
Hmmmm, I can see all the Altitude chart pages and everything shows up in the .csv

AQD still wrong. Time for a chat with the AQD Lady.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I tried searching for the Missing AQM thread, but no luck. Is there one?

I paid for Flex on 2 tickets and they posted as 50% mileage instead of 100% mileage, and the Aeroplan agent I spoke with said "Air Canada sends the information to us, so it must be correct".

Why do the simple things need to be so difficult to fix with Air Canada and Aeroplan?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I tried searching for the Missing AQM thread, but no luck. Is there one?

I paid for Flex on 2 tickets and they posted as 50% mileage instead of 100% mileage, and the Aeroplan agent I spoke with said "Air Canada sends the information to us, so it must be correct".

Why do the simple things need to be so difficult to fix with Air Canada and Aeroplan?

Well, let's see

Flights not posting to altitude dashboard

....and the Aeroplan agent I spoke with said "Air Canada sends the information to us, so it must be correct".

I got this excuse answer multiple times. AC and Aeroplan have perfected the point-the-finger-at-the-other-guy blame game.

@PointWeasel
Others here know better if your issue is related to Branded Fares and earning.

Also, what was your fare code?

And on the Aeroplan partner page for AC

https://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...tner=AirCanada

Last edited by 24left; Mar 3, 2019 at 1:33 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I recently had an interesting case where my segment that contributed 88% of the gcmap miles only posting 20% of the AQD vs the segment that only accounted for 12% of the miles (but 80% of the AQD) on the same ticket. Gotta love how AC likes to launch new initiatives before their IT is ready.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYT82
I recently had an interesting case where my segment that contributed 88% of the gcmap miles only posting 20% of the AQD vs the segment that only accounted for 12% of the miles (but 80% of the AQD) on the same ticket. Gotta love how AC likes to launch new initiatives before their IT is ready.
Not convinced there is IT involved in this. Rather, just the nice lady.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by 24left
I tried a simple search using "Missing AQM" and "Incorrect AQM" and nothing relevant came up.

Both one-way e-tickets were issued directly with AC and e-tickets both clearly state "Economy Flex K Class" and I waitlisted for an upgrade on one (that did not clear) and the other than did clear with 10 eUpgrade credits.

I did everything as usual, its AC's crappy IT capabilities that started causing problems with Flex and Comfort fares to/from Mexico.

Its frustrating that a simple fix, even after the Aeroplan agent got his supervisor to call AC to verify the Flex fare on both e-tickets, nothing could be fixed.

A severe lack of common sense.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:22 pm
Suspended

I tried a simple search using "Missing AQM" and "Incorrect AQM" and nothing relevant came up......
Did you search on FT or on the Goog? Good is the only way to search for FT threads. Shocking, I know.

.....Its frustrating that a simple fix, even after the Aeroplan agent got his supervisor to call AC to verify the Flex fare on both e-tickets, nothing could be fixed.

A severe lack of common sense.
Accidentally, on purpose, by design.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:18 pm

I finally wrote in about my missing AQD from New Years due to using an eCoupon.

90 minutes later, it was claimed to be fixed. Though I'm only seeing +$4.22, instead of +$173.22, so I may have to reply.

Also, the email was from Courtney @ Altitude, which is not the "AQD lady".
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I finally wrote in about my missing AQD from New Years due to using an eCoupon.

90 minutes later, it was claimed to be fixed. Though I'm only seeing +$4.22, instead of +$173.22, so I may have to reply.

Also, the email was from Courtney @ Altitude, which is not the "AQD lady".
Audrey finally had enough?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC 100K
Just a note to people chasing missing AQD - don't give up. I had a routing ACC-BRU-YOW in June 2018 that was cancelled due to IRROPS and instead put me on BA to LHR and then AC to YOW. I've been fighting for the miles and the AQD since September last year, and finally came through today. So don't give up pestering AC, even if it carries through to the following year.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by johnwb
Just a note to people chasing missing AQD - don't give up. I had a routing ACC-BRU-YOW in June 2018 that was cancelled due to IRROPS and instead put me on BA to LHR and then AC to YOW. I've been fighting for the miles and the AQD since September last year, and finally came through today. So don't give up pestering AC, even if it carries through to the following year.
For me, a big part of it is the negligible gain of fighting it.

I exceeded 20k last year. I only needed 10k.

How much effort should I really put in to move the needle from "way more than I need" to "way more than I need plus $200" ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.