FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by martyYOW
That used to be the case but that changed (not sure when) - here is the language from the Altitude site "Early Recognition is offered for all tiers including Prestige 25K".

However, looks like mjrobson will actually go to 35k.
Believe the early recognition for P25K is a new benefit for 2019 so may not happen until Feb/Mar
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Believe the early recognition for P25K is a new benefit for 2019 so may not happen until Feb/Mar
By the Altitude site wording this is true, however I got swept to P25K in early December for travel that happened on 17 Nov. So there is still a possibility of being awarded status earlier than 1 Mar, even if we're technically not yet entitled to it.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by shadowspar
By the Altitude site wording this is true, however I got swept to P25K in early December for travel that happened on 17 Nov. So there is still a possibility of being awarded status earlier than 1 Mar, even if we're technically not yet entitled to it.
Just as I am benefiting from SE status that I shouldn't have by the strict wording. We all win. Life is good.

Well, aside from the tens of thousands of miles we have to fly, the crappy MLLs, the sometimes annoying fellow PAX, the GAs who snarl on occasion, the lost bags, and the frozen fruit.
shadowspar likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Interestingly enough, the flights which are still missing AQM show "Pending" if I hit the Export to Excel button.

The same flights show nothing at all (not even those pesky quote symbols) on the web page.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
That wouldn't be early recognition. Early recognition gets you this year's status and then next year's status. You are just receiving next year's status early.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Current Titanium, AC SE, x-SPG fanatic
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Interestingly enough, the flights which are still missing AQM show "Pending" if I hit the Export to Excel button.

The same flights show nothing at all (not even those pesky quote symbols) on the web page.
Same issue I’m seeing on my side as well...it normally sorts it self out...but who knows maybe the AQD gremlins stole some of the excel tables Lol
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
That wouldn't be early recognition. Early recognition gets you this year's status and then next year's status. You are just receiving next year's status early.
I'm definitely confused on which is which, then, since I already have P25K - AC*S showing up on my boarding passes, and I've used the Altitude Priority phone line to rebook when my flights in December went sideways. As I understand it, these things shouldn't actually be happening until the next benefit year begins on 1 Mar.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm definitely confused on which is which, then, since I already have P25K - AC*S showing up on my boarding passes, and I've used the Altitude Priority phone line to rebook when my flights in December went sideways. As I understand it, these things shouldn't actually be happening until the next benefit year begins on 1 Mar.
What @YEG_SE4Life is saying is... just say hypothetically you went from nothing to P25K in March and then did zero AQM/S/D-earning flights on AC the rest of the year... you're not going to get rewarded with P25K until sometime near the end of the year or before the next year's March 1... he's just saying you're getting it early... in past years (looking back a decade ago), AC wouldn't have even been giving you your P25K (back then called Prestige) at this time and you truly had to wait until March 1. But now that you have it, then more power to you.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:37 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
With early recognition, you would get a full set of benefits for the current benefit year as well as the next one. This means a second set of eUps, lounge passes, etc.

Your status has updated a bit early and so you're getting a little bit of the benefits, but not the full set you'd have with early recognition.
shadowspar likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
With early recognition, you would get a full set of benefits for the current benefit year as well as the next one. This means a second set of eUps, lounge passes, etc.

Your status has updated a bit early and so you're getting a little bit of the benefits, but not the full set you'd have with early recognition.
Thanks all three of you -- this makes sense to me now.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
The monkeys in IT finally got the AQD back .

Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mendy7511
The monkeys in IT finally got the AQD back .

You mean what was reported upthread yesterday?

And I'm going to report you to the Society for the Prevention of Affronts to Monkeys (SPAM)!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You mean what was reported upthread yesterday?

And I'm going to report you to the Society for the Prevention of Affronts to Monkeys (SPAM)!
Oops . That's what happens when I am offline for a while
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by mendy7511
Oops . That's what happens when I am offline for a while
Could you please enlarge your AQD image? I can barely make out the dollar amount.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Interesting data point. Right as the AQD went to 0, I noticed that miles appeared on my account 3 days after. It used to be 4 days.

Now, AQD appears one day after that when it would take another 4 days.

I think some spreadsheet magic was replaced by something a little more automated.

An infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters and one will write the complete works of Shakespeare. Or one AC program after X years of AQD being in existence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.