Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Well, at least AQM are still posting. For me, faster than usual.

But having this AQD issue at this time of the year when some folks are on the bubble is simply awful. Especially when it appears that even the call centre people can't access correct data either.
It's worse than that. It's preventing people from being swept to a status they've definitely earned.

It's easy enough to calculate your AQD if you're so inclined. Not so easy to force your status to be upgraded.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, Current Titanium, AC SE, x-SPG fanatic
Originally Posted by danapop

no it’s been down for a week or so.

I would contact them and they can look up your AQD to see if you are short.
Not so sure I would trust the customer service people...I don’t think they have some magic program or abacus they can refer to. Sent a DM on twitter got a response for AQD but it was the same number on my Altitude newsletter 5 trips ago.

After the sweep last night I called again this AM (I’m right on the bubble and need to decide quickly to if I need a quick AQD run) and was quoted the same from my altitude report.

Heres to hoping my excel tracker is accurate

Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by Zeeflys
After the sweep last night...
Was there a sweep last night? I didn’t get pickup up in the sweep

Really need my 100K status to kick in for a family trip in early January so I can utilize some eUps! Come on AC, get this sorted out
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Someone on the design team got through Data Normalization class without getting as far as Caching class. This Phineas Gage style of exploring AC IT is fascinating.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
My 25th flight for this year has posted and says 100% AQS and I know my AQD is beyond the requirements (but it still shows 0$), but when does my status kick in (P25K)? I am confused .. Any help?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
My AQD has been showing 0 for a long time, but my profile shows I'm SE for 2019!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*SE
Reached out last night to AC. They said it was down and to call Aeroplan. Called Aeroplan now... they said it's a high volume of people checking the website and that I should check "late at night". Operator "almost guarantee[d] it will work then". I think I'll bee about $250 short of $20K for SE but if I do an AQD run, not sure how far or how much.

In short, neither Aeroplan or Air Canada has been able to provide me with AQD when calling in.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by tass
Reached out last night to AC. They said it was down and to call Aeroplan. Called Aeroplan now... they said it's a high volume of people checking the website and that I should check "late at night". Operator "almost guarantee[d] it will work then". I think I'll bee about $250 short of $20K for SE but if I do an AQD run, not sure how far or how much.

In short, neither Aeroplan or Air Canada has been able to provide me with AQD when calling in.

In short, Both AC and Aeroplan continue to point fingers in each other's direction, despite the fact that neither have done what they should to properly advise / reply/ or help customers who have contacted them. IMHO.

Otherwise, I am among those here who highly recommend that everyone track their own AQM, AQS and AQD. For most of us, the AQD is available on the ticket, but I also keep a screen shot of the payment summary page from AC.com (for tickets purchased there). In the case of when I have to purchase the ticket from an AC res agent, I find other ways to get the AQD info. I suggest this so that no one is left on Dec 24, wondering if they are short ANY number for whatever status they are expecting.

Were AC like some other airlines and able to offer and show the AQD, AQS, AQM right on the booking page, then many of us would know well before we purchase.

just saying......
gcashin, Bohemian1 and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by 24left
In short, Both AC and Aeroplan continue to point fingers in each other's direction, despite the fact that neither have done what they should to properly advise / reply/ or help customers who have contacted them. IMHO.

Otherwise, I am among those here who highly recommend that everyone track their own AQM, AQS and AQD. For most of us, the AQD is available on the ticket, but I also keep a screen shot of the payment summary page from AC.com (for tickets purchased there). In the case of when I have to purchase the ticket from an AC res agent, I find other ways to get the AQD info. I suggest this so that no one is left on Dec 24, wondering if they are short ANY number for whatever status they are expecting.

Were AC like some other airlines and able to offer and show the AQD, AQS, AQM right on the booking page, then many of us would know well before we purchase.

just saying......
good advice, I try to keep track as I go but if one is close it’s disconcerting to not know for sure absolutely that they crossed the threshold requirement
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by royal757
My 25th flight for this year has posted and says 100% AQS and I know my AQD is beyond the requirements (but it still shows 0$), but when does my status kick in (P25K)? I am confused .. Any help?
Officially March 1. If you get any status earlier, it's a courtesy. P25K does not have early recognition in the current year (starts in 2019) so you have no official entitlement to it earlier. You can cross your fingers for unofficial benefits in the mean time.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:13 pm

'Twas the night before Christmas
When on the Altitude site
Every SE was checking status
Of AQD posts from their flight.

... clearly Christmas Eve Altitude site traffic is much more than at any other time of year. Voila, AQD doesn't show.

In any case, I booked a <$400 AQD run just to not take chances.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tass
'Twas the night before Christmas
When on the Altitude site
Every SE was checking status
Of AQD posts from their flight.

LOL, Awesome.

EdIt to Add:

"We are currently experiencing a high volume of visits to our website. As such, Altitude Qualifying Dollar (AQD) information may not be available at this time. Please check back again later to view your AQD tracker and recent transactions."

This quote in the grey box on the Altitude page hints at or seems to indicate that the high volume of visits to the Altitude site is the reason the information is not available....at this time. Well, at least it seems so to me.

Did we break Altitude?

also...since it's after midnight...

Last edited by 24left; Dec 24, 2018 at 10:19 pm
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:31 am

If you were hoping to get your AQD count as a gift this morning... maybe next year.
Zeeflys likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:48 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Maybe be the Altitude site is simply an example of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle - if we all stopped looking, the correct AQD balances would simply appear.
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:42 pm
Suspended

What if EVERYONE checked the site constantly and it broke from sheer exhaustion, would it be fixed then?

18:40 ET

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.