Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I thank everyone for posting as I was quite confused by today's email showing;
YOUR PROGRESS : 1 283 450
and then logging in to Altitude to see 0 AQD and all of my cumulative AQDs to date, having disappeared. I know that I am around $10K, so I can't figure out how they could have come up with that crazy AQD.
Air Canada truly is a pathetic basket case. It should contract with an airline that has a functional and reliable website and get this fixed once and for all.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
@gurka
You are not the only one. See various posts in this thread

AQD not posting
Thanks, see that basically everyone is having issues.

My AQD was showing a few days ago, $30k roughly, now shows 0 with AQM 130k, AQS 55.

When does AC/Altitude start sending out emails or letters for 2019? I heard some people have started getting them already?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I thank everyone for posting as I was quite confused by today's email showing;
YOUR PROGRESS : 1 283 450
and then logging in to Altitude to see 0 AQD and all of my cumulative AQDs to date, having disappeared. I know that I am around $10K, so I can't figure out how they could have come up with that crazy AQD.
Air Canada truly is a pathetic basket case. It should contract with an airline that has a functional and reliable website and get this fixed once and for all.
Maybe once they get off of AE's system and on to their own.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by gurka
Thanks, see that basically everyone is having issues.

My AQD was showing a few days ago, $30k roughly, now shows 0 with AQM 130k, AQS 55.

When does AC/Altitude start sending out emails or letters for 2019? I heard some people have started getting them already?
A few of us posted in the other thread that we received emails and I received my package the other day and posted photos

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30553865-post173.html
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I wonder if the disappearing AQD is related to the recent change where the AQD were split into a separate row from AQM. It is almost as if they wrote a program so the AQD lady did not have to calculate it by hand on the abacus tortoise, and it created a second record for every segment, and then they got ambitious and tried to get the AQD to go into the same record as the AQM and broke it, or they deliberately took it down at an inopportune time of year in order to fix it.
BlondeBomber and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I wonder if the disappearing AQD is related to the recent change where the AQD were split into a separate row from AQM. It is almost as if they wrote a program so the AQD lady did not have to calculate it by hand on the abacus tortoise, and it created a second record for every segment, and then they got ambitious and tried to get the AQD to go into the same record as the AQM and broke it, or they deliberately took it down at an inopportune time of year in order to fix it.
Sliderule.

Wait, there's an AQD lady?

Still, I love my dots of nothingness.

5:18pm ET

Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
As @flyquiet has noted, the extra record thing was really weird looking. Like something an accountant would create. So maybe there is an AQD lady!

But what those "dots" (actually double quotes) were ever supposed to represent is beyond me.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Actually, there was enough folklore to support the hypothesis of an AQD lady. Several of us have received email responses to queries signed with the same female name. (Maybe that was the tortoise's name.)
Bohemian1, 24left and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
....But what those "dots" (actually double quotes) were ever supposed to represent is beyond me.
Altitude Art, let's call it Altitude Impressionism
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I just noticed that in Firefox, I'm now seeing this:

But not in Chrome.

Maybe three zeroes is a sign of progress that the elves are hard at work?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:59 pm

I got a lovely email today with the Altitude Report or whatever, fixing the mistake email sent previously that had the wrong AQD.

The corrected AQD was, of course, also wrong.

These people are epic. Totally. Maybe "Altitude" just means they are all high, all time, and that's why the program IT is such a fail.
BlondeBomber and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
...what those "dots" (actually double quotes) were ever supposed to represent is beyond me.
I'm guessing "empty string". Either a way to explicitly show the absence of a value...or somebody put text where numbers should have gone and horked everyone's AQD values again.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I tweeted them about an AQD issue (Mr. Bovine can't get swept to SE until his AQD shows up) pertaining to an expensive upcoming trip. The responses were useless.

If you receive a tweet that includes a booking reference for a $10k ticket, maybe don't send a one sentence form response about "high numbers of visitors".
Bohemian1 and DNAwizard like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you receive a tweet that includes a booking reference for a $10k ticket, maybe don't send a one sentence form response about "high numbers of visitors".
When will parlement move on this involuntarily-500'd problem?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I tweeted them about an AQD issue (Mr. Bovine can't get swept to SE until his AQD shows up) pertaining to an expensive upcoming trip. The responses were useless.

I know. It’s ridiculous. And logically it makes no sense. If it is due to increased visitors why is it only affected AQD. Nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.