Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Print Wikipost

AQD not posting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I have not looked at flight by flight, but my total AQD for 2019 ytd recently jumped from ~$24,000 to ~$32,000.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I also had a set of flights from last week post with roughly double the AQD I was expecting.. Not complaining, I guess, and I'm sure AC will correct it at some point.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Mine seems unchanged (~$21k on 56k AQM, 57 AQS)
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Mine seems unchanged (~$21k on 56k AQM, 57 AQS)
I lied. The last 4 segments seem to have about doubled their line entries.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Given the current error in our favour, I’m looking like I don’t fly terribly cost effectively. 114K AQM/38 AQS/37k AQD

That is about 12k high.

They will I’ll fix it soon I’m sure. Curious what they’ll do for people that got early recognition this way and made their selections.

Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I'm still waiting for $19.5K to post over the last 5 weeks.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:29 pm

I see they have corrected the extra AQD from last week...but I should say over-corrected. Apparently I flew YVR-PVG on a P fare for $400.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Mine have also been revised down, not sure that corrected is the right name for the change though as one is still roughly 3x what the same flight a week later is showing
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I see they have corrected the extra AQD from last week...but I should say over-corrected. Apparently I flew YVR-PVG on a P fare for $400.
Mine was adjusted down too- but still over $30K for the first 6 months and still missing one TPAC leg- I think it went down about $4K.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:27 pm

I'm now at $25k which is close to correct but I have several lines that are high and several that are low (like the $400 TPAC P fare)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Mine appears to have been corrected. Haven't done the exact calculation but appears "normal".
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:01 am

Mine went down back down. 4 segments (one ticket) changed, way down. Outbound is now about what I'd expect, return is impossibly low. Got way over $20k so not a thing for me, but interesting to see what they are up to.
Plumber likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
I just checked my AC Altitude account, and my AQD has gone down by $3K, in less than 24 hours. AQD for many eligible flights is not accounted for. What should I do?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
I just checked my AC Altitude account, and my AQD has gone down by $3K, in less than 24 hours. AQD for many eligible flights is not accounted for. What should I do?
I don't know how you track your data. Since many of us never trusted the accuracy of the posting, we kept tickets, BPs and our own tracking spreadsheets.

If your AQD prior to the decrease was accurate, then you have to dig up the paperwork and compare it to where the AQD dropped. It may only be from a couple of flights, but that is the only way you will be able to compare what you should have received versus what you got.

Once you know where the AQD has decreased, you can file a discrepancy form.

IMHO..........

I've been convinced that AC could never manage the AQD posting, timing and often the accuracy when they decided to launch it in Jan 2016. If we buy a ticket, we know and AC knows exactly how much AQD and AQM we will receive. The AQM often gets messed up when there are codeshare partners, or it doesn't post at all, or the partner info posts, but not AC's. And battling Aeroplan for the missing AQM often gets the comment "You need to call AC as they decide what amount gets posted". This nonsense is just tiresome and absurd.

(I still think the AQD is calculated using an abacus or slide rule and posted manually. Yes, I'm sure the local RCHHMP will disagree.)

Further, starting last fall, all of my trips that had AC pancake-seat eCoupons used as one form of payment, were all posting incorrectly. Conveniently, the amount of AQD missing was the exact amount of the eCoupon.

I get that AC IT sux. But like many others, I don't care. I get that all airlines wanted the spend requirement. Fine, but these are AC's mistakes and while I am not suggesting malice where incompetence is the reason, I'm pretty tired of the craptastic seats only to be penalized again by the craptastic AQD posting with the eCoupon values missing. It is also not enjoyable having to file a missing AQD form only to receive curt replies from the AQD ladies when none of this is our fault in the first place. Just saying....
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
How to file a miscalculated AQD

My ADQ suddenly decreased from 9K to 2K over the last few days. Apparently I once flew from YVR to YYZ for $6.46 on B class and several trips to HKG only had AQD of $327.50 on P class. It looked like everything I paid through my TA were revised down to an incredibly low amount.
​​​​​I know how to file missing AQM through Aeroplan. Can anyone please tell me how to correct AQD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.