New Air Canada plane: Embraer 463!

Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Or she was merely trying to do her job and attempting to placate gate lice. We can imagine all sorts of scenarios.
That is fair. The GA's and FA's must deal with some really interesting (read crazy) people. I personally wouldn't want a job where all my regular customers got on a website and bashed or praised me, all my casual passengers called CBC if there was a problem.

It's not a job I'd care to do, that being said AC is not a company I'd care to work for either. The company culture there seems.............well, peculiar would be my description.

There are some GA's with a sense of humo(u)r. Maybe the Embraer 463 is an inside joke. Around my job we have a term TTFO, we write it in the notes of our CRM all the time. It means TOLD TO F*** OFF, maybe the Embraer 463 is another version of TTFO. As an aside one time some halfwit wrote TTFO down on an email, because they cut-and-pasted it. The lady called in and asked what it was, the quick thinking CSM said it means "Told To Fix Online".
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jasdou
I think there are 4 of these Q400 with the smaller bin design. You have to gate check rollaboards on these aircrafts.

And welcome to YQB!
i was told there are 5. I thought they all operated in the West. I could easily be wrong on both counts as the information came from a gate agent.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by The smallest state

It's not a job I'd care to do, that being said AC is not a company I'd care to work for either. The company culture there seems.............well, peculiar would be my description.
Indeed. The one thing most under their control is the issue they just can't quite seem to fix.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Or she was merely trying to do her job and attempting to placate gate lice. We can imagine all sorts of scenarios.
Not to be rude, but she didn't strike me as that cunning. More half a bubble off plumb.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
More half a bubble off plumb.
You don't mind if I use this phrase, do you? I chuckle at its imagery.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ridefar
i was told there are 5. I thought they all operated in the West. I could easily be wrong on both counts as the information came from a gate agent.
You may well be right on the number! My info also comes from a GA but I may remember '4' when in fact she said '5'!

That being said, I can confirm they sometime find their way in the East as I have flown on them at least twice in 2017 between YYZ (or was it YUL?) and YQB.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:10 am

Small bin Q400 frequently fly out of YXU. I bought a slighly smaller sized spinner which if inserted just right and smashed in the perfect spot springs the door bin just enough to be successfully inserted. Almost never breaks the door hinge!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by ridefar
Which means there is a 50/50 shot that they dreamed the number up off of the top of their heads.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AC, AA, AS, UA, WN, IHG, Hilton
Even though Jazz Q400s use 400 series FIN numbers, there is no FIN 463. So it can't be that either. Probable a newbie to AC who doesn't know a whole lot about aircraft types yet.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Well, there IS an Embraer with FIN 463. AND it is smaller...

Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ia Ora
Well, there IS an Embraer with FIN 463. AND it is smaller...
Wow, Flyertalk is incredible...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
To be clear, there are 5 fins that used to be operated by Sky that are now with Jazz.

But is the problem only with those ones? I thought I read on here some while back that it was all the frames that were picked up from US carriers.

That's the 5 that were with Sky plus another 5 that went straight from Republic to Jazz.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
To be clear, there are 5 fins that used to be operated by Sky that are now with Jazz.

But is the problem only with those ones? I thought I read on here some while back that it was all the frames that were picked up from US carriers.

That's the 5 that were with Sky plus another 5 that went straight from Republic to Jazz.
Yes, these would be fins 489-498 (Half from Sky, Half from US). Fins 434 and below are "standard" Q400
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: TK *G
There are two much more common types of mysterious planes. I routinely hear airlines staff and even some SDs, not necessarily from AC, talk about Boeing 787-800 and 787-900.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive

* We all know that AC no longer uses 747-400s, and Lord knows I've been looking in vain for them at YVR lately, but the -433 designation remains, following the planes' transfer to new owners.
LOL.
I was tempted to post the other day when we pulled up to the gate at YVR next to a LH 747.
(I know, impossible. There are no 747s at YVR etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.