Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Finding other airline PNRs on AC-issued tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: D582
Currently, Air Canada's website does not do to the best job of displaying the record locators/booking references for other airlines in an itinerary (both cash and reward booking).

Air Canada uses the Amadeus Altéa Passenger Service System (PSS). Other airlines that also use Amadeus as their PSS (and travel agencies booking in the Amadeus GDS) will use the same record locator as Air Canada. Additionally, some airlines that Air Canada has partnerships with that do not use Amadeus will still accept an Amadeus record locator on their website to load a booking. If the airline does not appear in these lists then they do not currently use Amadeus and do not currently accept an Amadeus record locator to find a booking.

Amadeus-hosted airlines that Air Canada has agreements/partnerships with

Airlines in BOLD are Aeroplan partners in some way (earn and/or redeem).

Aegean Airlines - A3
Air Algerie - AH
Air Astana - KC
Air Baltic - BT
Air Dolomiti - EN
Air France - AF
Air India - AI
Air Mauritius - MK

Air Tahiti Nui - TN
Aircalin - SB
All Nippon Airways (ANA) - NH *
Asiana Airlines - OZ
Austrian - OS
Avianca - AV
Avianca Costa Rica - LR
Avianca Ecuador - 2K
Avianca El Salvador - TA
Avianca Peru - T0
Azul - AD

British Airways - BA
Brussels Airlines - SN
Caribbean Airlines - BW
Cathay Pacific - CX
China Airlines - CI
Croatia Airlines - OU
Czech Airlines - OK
Edelweiss - WK
Egyptair - MS
Etihad Airways - EY
Eurowings - EW
Eurowings Discover - 4Y
EVA Airways - BR

Garuda Indonesia - GA
Iberia - IB
Icelandair - FI
ITA Airways - AZ
Japan Airlines - JL
Jeju Air - 7C
Kenya Airways - KQ
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - KL
Korean Air - KE
Kuwait Airways - KU
LOT Polish Airlines - LO
Lufthansa - LH

Luxair - LG
Malaysia Airlines - MH
Middle East Airlines - ME
Olympic Air - OA
Philippine Airlines - PR
Qantas Airways - QF
Qatar Airways - QR
Royal Air Maroc - AT
Royal Jordanian Airlines - RJ
Saudia Airlines - SV
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) - SK
Singapore Airlines - SQ
South African Airways - SA
SriLankan Airlines - UL

SWISS - LX
TAP Air Portugal - TP
Thai Airways - TG

Tunis Air - TU
Ukraine International Airlines - PS
Vistara - UK
Widerře - WF

* ANA currently uses a separate PSS for its Japan domestic operations. Bookings made that include both international and domestic NH segments, or Aeroplan redemptions for wholly-domestic itineraries will still create an Amadeus PNR, but you will likely need to lookup the domestic flight information on ANA's website to then manage the domestic reservation. ANA plans to fully migrate to Amadeus for its domestic operations in the next few years.

Non-Amadeus airlines that will accept an Amadeus record locator on their website

Delta Air Lines - DL
Emirates - EK
United Airlines - UA

Print Wikipost

Finding other airline PNRs on AC-issued tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:14 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I was happy when I got this info over the phone when booking with Aeroplan and off their site.

The NZ PNR I got is valid, but for some reason I can't change my seats through their website due to some mysterious issue with unknown baggage rules. Time to phone the Kiwis directly.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YUL-Insider
I have two Aeroplan reward tickets booked on copa Air. Entering the CM PNR# on the Copa web site does not retrieve the booking.
Is that because the PNR is wrong or because CM doesn't let you manage the booking for some reason? In the olden days, if you phoned Aeroplan and got the CM PNR, could you manage it online?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by YUL-Insider
I have two Aeroplan reward tickets booked on copa Air. Entering the CM PNR# on the Copa web site does not retrieve the booking.
Not sure if this is the case anymore, however, AC might still be using Galileo as an intermediary to connect to certain carriers (versus a direct connection). As a result, the PNR returned is that of the intermediary system (eg. Galileo) as opposed to the one for the carrier on which the booking is made.

If this is the case, you might want to try this PNR on www.viewtrip.com to see if you can get the "further" PNR for the actual operating carrier.

Maybe the above is the reason why AC didn't originally give out the PNRs of the operating carrier?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by capedreamer
WOW!

What's next? Being able to locate all your bookings such by logging into the AC site using your FF number??
Or being able to book mini rtw with stopovers on each way, hence 4 segments. Which has been possible for 8 years now, over the phone, after a long wait and paying extortion fees, but the online system will only let you book 3 segments.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:51 pm

Turkish Airline PNR for Air Canada Award reservation.

I am sure this questions has been answered before. I made an award reservation using aeroplan miles on Turkish Airline. I need Turkish PRN to select seats on their website. I tried calling Air canada but wait times here in US are more than one hour. Any other way to do this or just have to stick with holding. Tried DM Air Canada twitter, no response.

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html
mb4wong likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:57 pm

Thanks for the prompt response. Should have mentioned, I did try that tool before posting. It gives me the same PNR for aircanada, united and turkish. And ofcourse the same PNR does not work on Turkish website.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It's been awhile since I've been on the TK website, but I've had success using my 014 ticket number on other *A websites, which then gave me the corresponding PNR. Maybe that's changed since ye olden days of non-FOTSGness.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:27 pm

Just tried the ticket number on Turkish website. Not recognizing the ticket number. Starts with 014 as mentioned.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ziqch
Just tried the ticket number on Turkish website. Not recognizing the ticket number. Starts with 014 as mentioned.
It doesn't work on their website but it works on their app.
unclepants and jmt18325 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:25 pm

Tried Turkish App. States this reservation cannot be viewed due to a different sales channel.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:37 pm

Tried Turkish App. States this reservation cannot be viewed due to a different sales channel.
Just to confirm, you used the TK PNR? It's definitely different compared to the AC PNR.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:24 pm

I just re-checked my itinerary using the cowtool, it also didn't return the correct TK PNR compared to before.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:21 pm

I am sure this questions has been answered before. I made an award reservation using aeroplan miles on Turkish Airline. I need Turkish PRN to select seats on their website. I tried calling Air canada but wait times here in US are more than one hour. Any other way to do this or just have to stick with holding. Tried DM Air Canada twitter, no response.

Thanks
TK website is very temperamental with PNRs generated for award bookings by other airlines.
I have a TK booking through UA. UA gave a separate PNR for TK. When I try to locate my booking with that PNR on TK website, it simply shows the ticket numbers of one of the passengers on the next screen and asks me to add the ticket numbers of the other passengers. It shows my booking only after that,

However, TK mobile app works just fine,
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
Just to confirm, you used the TK PNR? It's definitely different compared to the AC PNR.
I was using ticket number starting with 014 as previosuly suggested. I do not have Turkish PNR unfortunately. Guess will have to call and hold for a long time to get it as no response from air canada on twitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.