Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Finding other airline PNRs on AC-issued tickets

Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: D582
Currently, Air Canada's website does not do to the best job of displaying the record locators/booking references for other airlines in an itinerary (both cash and reward booking).

Air Canada uses the Amadeus Alta Passenger Service System (PSS). Other airlines that also use Amadeus as their PSS (and travel agencies booking in the Amadeus GDS) will use the same record locator as Air Canada. Additionally, some airlines that Air Canada has partnerships with that do not use Amadeus will still accept an Amadeus record locator on their website to load a booking. If the airline does not appear in these lists then they do not currently use Amadeus and do not currently accept an Amadeus record locator to find a booking.

Amadeus-hosted airlines that Air Canada has agreements/partnerships with

Airlines in BOLD are Aeroplan partners in some way (earn and/or redeem).

Aegean Airlines - A3
Air Algerie - AH
Air Astana - KC
Air Baltic - BT
Air Dolomiti - EN
Air France - AF
Air India - AI
Air Mauritius - MK

Air Tahiti Nui - TN
Aircalin - SB
All Nippon Airways (ANA) - NH *
Asiana Airlines - OZ
Austrian - OS
Avianca - AV
Avianca Costa Rica - LR
Avianca Ecuador - 2K
Avianca El Salvador - TA
Avianca Peru - T0
Azul - AD

British Airways - BA
Brussels Airlines - SN
Caribbean Airlines - BW
Cathay Pacific - CX
China Airlines - CI
Croatia Airlines - OU
Czech Airlines - OK
Edelweiss - WK
Egyptair - MS
Etihad Airways - EY
Eurowings - EW
Eurowings Discover - 4Y
EVA Airways - BR

Garuda Indonesia - GA
Iberia - IB
Icelandair - FI
ITA Airways - AZ
Japan Airlines - JL
Jeju Air - 7C
Kenya Airways - KQ
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - KL
Korean Air - KE
Kuwait Airways - KU
LOT Polish Airlines - LO
Lufthansa - LH

Luxair - LG
Malaysia Airlines - MH
Middle East Airlines - ME
Olympic Air - OA
Philippine Airlines - PR
Qantas Airways - QF
Qatar Airways - QR
Royal Air Maroc - AT
Royal Jordanian Airlines - RJ
Saudia Airlines - SV
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) - SK
Singapore Airlines - SQ
South African Airways - SA
SriLankan Airlines - UL

SWISS - LX
TAP Air Portugal - TP
Thai Airways - TG

Tunis Air - TU
Ukraine International Airlines - PS
Vistara - UK
Widere - WF

* ANA currently uses a separate PSS for its Japan domestic operations. Bookings made that include both international and domestic NH segments, or Aeroplan redemptions for wholly-domestic itineraries will still create an Amadeus PNR, but you will likely need to lookup the domestic flight information on ANA's website to then manage the domestic reservation. ANA plans to fully migrate to Amadeus for its domestic operations in the next few years.

Non-Amadeus airlines that will accept an Amadeus record locator on their website

Delta Air Lines - DL
Emirates - EK
United Airlines - UA

Print Wikipost

Finding other airline PNRs on AC-issued tickets

Old Apr 4, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by 1262512
Does anyone know when a person can view booking information on EVA Air website?

Some background, I booked an award trip in late March 2024 and asked AC for BR PNR via Facebook and got the reply it is the same PNR.

I then went onto EVA Booking Management website and input the info. It keep telling me "your booking record cannot be retreved."

Not sure what is going on....
i figured out what is going on: you need to include your middle name without space in the first name field.....
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have successfully done it in the past. It might require a UA marketed flight for it to work. I don't know. Airline systems behave in such ridiculous ways.
Originally Posted by D582
Ive had this consistently work on UA (website and app) with any PNR created in Amadeus, regardless if flights are UA native numbers or codeshares. This is contingent on UA maintaining an index of host (Amadeus) locators and mapping to their own (SHARES) locator. Its possible on some bookings they lose that mapping in their index.
Yes, I was also surprised it didn't work. I just tried it again on UA.com with the same result, i.e. only the separate UA PNR will pull up the itinerary. The same itinerary is being sold by both airlines, with the first leg operated by AC (YEG to YYC), and the next two operated by UA (YYC to ORD, ORD to STL). The second and third flights are codeshares but the first one seems to only have an AC number, I don't know if that has an effect. 🤷
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
How to get the reservation number for ANA?

I just booked an Aeroplan reward. The Aeroplan confirmation number doesn't seem to work on NH's website. How do I get the NH reservation number?
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by lsquare
I just booked an Aeroplan reward. The Aeroplan confirmation number doesn't seem to work on NH's website. How do I get the NH reservation number?
Mine did fine, are you sure you entered everything correctly?
It could be its not ticketed yet, use the cow tool in this forum to see the status.
It should be the 6 digit reservation number.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
The record locator is the same for NH, however they require you to enter first and last name, and if you have any middle names you need to concatenate them on NHs site. This is why I try to avoid entering middle names on tickets.
lsquare and kalderlake like this.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 3:11 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

From what I see the ANA website also allows you to find a reservation using the eTicket number. 13 digit code most likely starting with 014 Name is still required so tips from @D582 still apply.

If none of these work then call is wuth the ticket number
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Mine did fine, are you sure you entered everything correctly?
It could be its not ticketed yet, use the cow tool in this forum to see the status.
It should be the 6 digit reservation number.
Originally Posted by D582
The record locator is the same for NH, however they require you to enter first and last name, and if you have any middle names you need to concatenate them on NHs site. This is why I try to avoid entering middle names on tickets.
Originally Posted by PLeblond
From what I see the ANA website also allows you to find a reservation using the eTicket number. 13 digit code most likely starting with 014 Name is still required so tips from @D582 still apply.

If none of these work then call is wuth the ticket number
I used the 014 number and the six-digit reservation number. Neither worked. I do have my middle name on the reservation, but using or omitting it doesn't work. The ANA app says "failed to retrieve international reservations".
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: NZ
I used the 014 number and the six-digit reservation number. Neither worked. I do have my middle name on the reservation, but using or omitting it doesn't work. The ANA app says "failed to retrieve international reservations".
Have you tried entering your first/middle names without a space between the two, eg JOHNDAVID rather than JOHN DAVID? I had the same issue on the EVA site until I concatenated my first and middle names.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Aer Lingus PNR?

AC booked me into Aer Lingus flights between Dublin and a UK city (one of them is actually operated by Emerald Airlines, guess it is the Jazz equivalent to Aer Lingus).

The problem is I cannot find the Aer Lingus PNR for managing my booking and printing out BP, etc. I wonder if anyone has experience dealing with that? Thanks a lot!

Neither AC 6-digit or 13 digit eticket number works. Already tried.

Moreover, it appears I am booked into Economy (D) cabin for the Aer Lingus flights and the AC booking indicating I am sitting in the business cabin for Aer Lingus flights. Is it correct? Or another glitch for AC IT?

Edit: found the Aer Lingus PNR by using cowtool PNR viewer. Seems I am in Y rather in J in their flight. Guess it is just another AC IT glitch by reading D into a business cabin.

Last edited by Changeup2000; Jul 16, 2023 at 9:06 pm
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
AC booked me into Aer Lingus flights between Dublin and a UK city (one of them is actually operated by Emerald Airlines, guess it is the Jazz equivalent to Aer Lingus).

The problem is I cannot find the Aer Lingus PNR for managing my booking and printing out BP, etc. I wonder if anyone has experience dealing with that? Thanks a lot!

Neither AC 6-digit or 13 digit eticket number works. Already tried.

Moreover, it appears I am booked into Economy (D) cabin for the Aer Lingus flights and the AC booking indicating I am sitting in the business cabin for Aer Lingus flights. Is it correct? Or another glitch for AC IT?

Edit: found the Aer Lingus PNR by using cowtool PNR viewer. Seems I am in Y rather in J in their flight. Guess it is just another AC IT glitch by reading D into a business cabin.
Yeah uh, my EI flight is the reason I added a "cabin" column to the PNR tool. I had the exact same experience where AC sold my "you will be seated in business class" on a PY itinerary (and I actually have a screen recording of the booking process), only to be told at check-in that I was not, in fact, seated in business class.
vancouver25k and Changeup2000 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:56 pm

DP: Thanks to this thread I Twittered both AC and TK.

Within about 2 hours, TK is still asking me questions (I provided the same message that I gave to AC).
Within about 2 hours, AC gave me the booking codes, no questions asked.

Then added the TK codes to the app.
Worked like a charm.

I much rather wait 2 hours on Twitter than listen to AC's muzak any day of the week.

Thanks y'all!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:25 am

Hold up. So it seems AC (or TK?) already picked our seats (777, 3DEG). I'm not complaining since we're a family of 3. But I guess I was surprised that I didn't have to pick my seats in the first place. Was this a kind gesture from AC or a fluke? Either way, the seats I was going to choose have been chosen for me.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold
Hey all! Question for Air Canada regulars. I have a ticket for May, YYZ-IAD-ADD-LUN in business. The last two legs are on ET.

Trying to assign seats on ET, but I cant find a partner booking code. The AC booking code I received isnt recognized by ET, and my itinerary in AC does not show a partner booking code.

Im an AA regular, and Im used to the partner booking codes being printed on the original receipt for the itinerary. Is there a place on ACs website where I can access this info?

Many thanks.

As a follow up to this, I just also booked LUN-ADD-FRA-BCN for late May, and the reservation shows and Additional booking reference which is only valid for my LH flight from FRA-BCN. Im wondering if ET and AC each have incompatible IT or something.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 20, 2024 at 1:43 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jan 21, 2024, 9:54 am

Programs: AC*100K MM, lifetime Titanium Elite
The cowtool pnr lookup worked for me in the same situation.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Magicbus
The cowtool pnr lookup worked for me in the same situation.
The cowtool?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.