Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dealing with AC-induced stress

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
You are a few years behind trends. Traveling with a stuffed animal is common in SE Asia. Most every kid has a teddy bear or some other pocket sized Pokemon type critter attached to a bag.

A year ago in Thailand it was not unusual to see middle aged women and their Luk Theps - child angel dolls, which were full sized baby dolls that cost up to C$600. The airlines were selling seats for them. In one case, Thai Smile, Thai Airlines LCC was promoting a seat and meal deal. I sat across from one woman in premium economy who was actually feeding her doll, food, from the human meal tray that is given out in premium economy.

I do hope that you will not be feeding pretend Kibble to "ACE" as you may cause some customers to have conniptions, especially if you are in one of your special travel outfits.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Just visited Tokyo DisneySea where adults, both sexes, carry full-sized stuffed animals in their arms in the park all day, facing forward so they (the stuffies) can see. They sell outfits costing $50-$200 for these friends and some dress them in custom outfits. There are well-used photo-posing stations around the park with scenic backgrounds.
I'll have to make a point to carry mine on board with ESA ID (Though I'm already Zone *.)
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

They will not let you board with this, as someone in the cabin may be allergic to it!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:19 am

Cow has taken away my post retirement project-- providing support to stressed AC passengers like cow, penguins lefts etc etc and now I get replaced by ACE!,Well, I will need to think of something else!
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ac777
Cow has taken away my post retirement project-- providing support to stressed AC passengers like cow, penguins lefts etc etc and now I get replaced by ACE!,Well, I will need to think of something else!
lefts ?

You have not been replaced.
I think you can definitely proceed with your post-retirement project. I am quite sure the Cow, SAP and others would greatly benefit from your initiative....
Well, maybe not the Cow since he now has his own ESA.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by 24left
lefts ?

You have not been replaced.
I think you can definitely proceed with your post-retirement project. I am quite sure the Cow, SAP and others would greatly benefit from your initiative....
Well, maybe not the Cow since he now has his own ESA.
24 was too stressful to type--hence the lefts ( In case some other lefts show up!!)
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Why is everyone writing "ACE" when I clearly wrote "Ace"?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why is everyone writing "ACE" when I clearly wrote "Ace"?

Subconscious auto-reflex.

"ACE" induces stress in some. "Ace" will reduce stress in others, er, you.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I suggest you just keep consuming spice rum and your favourite version of coke. Drink as much as you can such that you are slightly pickled. Then you will not have any clue as to what is occurring. Turbulence will be soothing rocking, foul mouth passengers will be heard as intelligentsia sharing their wisdom and the prattle of AC employees will seem so very helpful. You can wear a little name tag that says Hi my name is Scooter and this can help you make new friends when you travel. Trust this helps.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Not even close. I named him Ace so that he's always at the top of any alphabetically sorted list.

He's #1 .
I believe Aaron would have Ace beat...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I believe Aaron would have Ace beat...
I'll raise you with Aaden
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:48 am

I live in SE Asia and I do not see this giant wave of kids and adults running around with shuffles in a chest pouch and with a second seat for their life size dolls.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have a spinner to sell you. It was a limited edition $20 from Amz so it must be better than the rest. The patterns send you into a catatonic state.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
He's actually quite good at relaxing me and relieving anxiety.

He helped me avoid an AC agent who works at the airport, though it resulted in walking from check-in to security and back, where I found an agent who... I supposed he does not work at the airport?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:27 pm
Suspended

He's actually quite good at relaxing me and relieving anxiety.....
Excellent. Ace is looking nice and calm. The Cow is in good hands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.