Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Irregularities with charges for AC tickets not posting to credit card accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Irregularities with charges for AC tickets not posting to credit card accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
You'll be fine. If there is an issue, there are those here who will try to help.
I posted earlier in the thread. Still no re-charge on a June 6th initial charge and then credit a couple days later.

Pretty concerning. I still see on Aeroplan that points were deducted and flight booked through them. I should call A/C direct to make sure the ticket number is still valid.

Any updates from others?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by thedude99
I posted earlier in the thread. Still no re-charge on a June 6th initial charge and then credit a couple days later.

Pretty concerning. I still see on Aeroplan that points were deducted and flight booked through them. I should call A/C direct to make sure the ticket number is still valid.

Any updates from others?
Same thing here,
Points are deducted on my aeroplan account, and I called Swiss Air, my ticket is confirmed on their side but I did not see the 200$ taxes on my credit card.

I dont known what to do other than calling swissair to make sure my ticket is still valid.

I am mor and more concerned !

Did someone in the same case except he took the flight and the company still not charged the taxes for the ticket bought with aeroplan ???
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:48 am

If you log into your Aeroplan account and check your rewards and your booking is listed showing as ticketed along with a ticket number and all your segments are there... You are fine.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Made 2 reward bookings on Aeroplan in the past 4 days. Fees were pending on my credit card for a 2 days and then posted normally as a transaction the next day. Looks like the problem has been fixed (or I'm just lucky )
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I have flights from two different itineraries for which I have now received AE/AC credit, and for which credit card charges have appeared, disappeared but not yet reappeared. One was booked on ac.com, the other was booked on AC corporate rewards.
--
13F
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
I have bought two business class tickets each week over the last 2 weeks from Air Canada.

Both went to pending to be posted, and then both posted 2-3 days later. All is back in order based on my observations.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: MR Plat
Just got the charge posted a few days ago for a booking made at the beginning of June...miles for my flight just posted too but shows as TANGO instead of the actual fare class (K).

Related?

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 9.35.54 AM.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  47.0 KB
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Datapoint: Aeroplan ticket purchased on June 12.... Finally posted yesterday.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Has anyone noticed this happening recently in 2022? Is there a max timeframe that should be used for Air Canada (booked directly on aircanada.com) transactions to post?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Has anyone noticed this happening recently in 2022?....
Yes.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
Yes.
Thank goodness - it looks like it might take up to a month based on the previous reports on this thread. Oh, well, I've got a ticket number, but it's super annoying to have this in the back of my mind.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Thank goodness - it looks like it might take up to a month based on the previous reports on this thread. Oh, well, I've got a ticket number, but it's super annoying to have this in the back of my mind.
As an updated datapoint, my charge finally cleared about 2 weeks after I booked it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.