FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: Irregularities with charges for AC tickets not posting to credit card accounts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1848421-irregularities-charges-ac-tickets-not-posting-credit-card-accounts.html)

imverge Jun 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by robsaw (Post 28469996)
Not necessarily. Charges that were pre-authorized can still go against closed accounts (refunds too) depending upon the financial institution; can create hassles finding out about it though. Also, AC can still bill you for it - their failure to process against the card immediately doesn't void the obligation to pay. However, given AC's IT systems, the if and when of the charge appearing may be in your favour.

Once the pre-authorization falls off the account there is no guarantee it will be approved again as the cardholder may be close to his/her limit and no sufficient credit is available. That's just one example.

longtimeflyin Jun 22, 2017 4:51 am

June 4th charge that fell off was processed yesterday, June 21st.

Seems AC is aware of this and has resolved it.

Oxnardjan Jun 22, 2017 6:45 am

Resolved?

I called AC 3 days ago (on hold for 35 minutes) They are aware of the problem and told me that the charges should be processed within 3 to 5 business days. The lady stated she had a written script that advised her what to tell customers with this issue. I did take the advice and take screen shots of the reservation and pending charges. My pending charges are on the 16th day on my CC. My reservation is still there.^^

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin (Post 28473152)
June 4th charge that fell off was processed yesterday, June 21st.

Seems AC is aware of this and has resolved it.

seks Jun 22, 2017 8:09 am

My booking that was done on the 13th over the phone finally got posted today on my CC

FocusGuy Jun 22, 2017 9:36 pm

AirCanada confirmed ticket but did not charge the card

Hello everyone, I am looking for advice on what to do in I tricky situation I got myself into with Air Canada.

On June 5th, 2017 I went ahead and purchased a ticket directly on Air Canada's website from YYZ to HOG and back. I paid with my master card.

I received the booking confirmation along with an E-ticket number shortly after.

To my surprise, when I checked my credit card statement approximately 5 days later, I found out that Air Canada still has not charged my credit card for the ticket.

I called my CC company, and asked them what the issue was and they advised to contact Air Canada instead since it was most likely an error on their side.

So far, I've spoken to 5 different Air Canada agents, 5 days in a row. The first 2 did not know what to tell me and simply repeated that my ticket is confirmed, the other 3 said that they are aware that there is a problem on their side with credit card processing and this will get taken care of eventually. I did ask whether there is anything I should do and they said no.

I did my research on google regarding Air Canada and was shocked by how many travelers were dissatisfied with their service. I found horror stories about people left behind on the day of departure because of various glitches in their system, and I simply do not want to become part of that.

As of today, my flight is confirmed and the ticket number is issued, the confirmation papers also state that my card has been charged. However, the credit card online statement still does not reflect my purchase nearly 20 days after.

I am asking for any kind of advice that would set my mind at ease that I would in fact be allowed to travel on my departure date. I am willing to do whatever it takes, I get to see my loved ones once a year and simply cannot afford to miss this trip.

Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
FocusGuy.

24left Jun 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Just an update from those I know who purchased tickets in the time frame on and after June 5 2017. They now see the ticket purchases under Transactions on their credit card activity (online). It shows the purchase date of the ticket, but will also show a more recent posted date, based on how your info appears for your cc.

Depending on your statement date, they may already be there.

As far as we know, as long as you have your ticket and AC ticket number, and you have confirmation either from screen shots during purchase or from Manage Bookings showing it was billed to your card, you should be fine.

Stranger Jun 23, 2017 6:54 am

Mine just posted too. just one day before billing day...

Stranger Jun 23, 2017 6:57 am

Originally Posted by FocusGuy (Post 28476571)

I did my research on google regarding Air Canada and was shocked by how many travelers were dissatisfied with their service. I found horror stories about people left behind on the day of departure because of various glitches in their system, and I simply do not want to become part of that.

First, welcome to the FT zoo.

Second, I believe the issue has now been resolved and we'll end up having to pay instead of flying for free.

However, about your research, just take that with a grain of salt. AC is not great and not terrible. You would likely find similar stories about more or less any airlines. Plus trashing AC is pretty much a Canadian national sport.

capedreamer Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

I just experienced this for the taxes and fees associated with an Aeroplan redemption. The charges showed up as "pending" charges on my CC account for a few days but have now disappeared (and never posted).

My flight is in a week and still shows as confirmed and ticketed on both AP and AC's websites.

Do I need to worry?

imverge Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer (Post 28478472)
I just experienced this for the taxes and fees associated with an Aeroplan redemption. The charges showed up as "pending" charges on my CC account for a few days but have now disappeared (and never posted).

My flight is in a week and still shows as confirmed and ticketed on both AP and AC's websites.

Do I need to worry?

No need to worry if you received your AP confirmation with ticket numbers.

OldVines Jun 23, 2017 11:29 am

They caught up with me in the end. Flew weekend of 17/18 June, finally came off my account on 23 June.

Still, it's fly now, pay later.

capedreamer Jun 23, 2017 11:52 am

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 28478574)
No need to worry if you received your AP confirmation with ticket numbers.

Thanks! That I have.

FocusGuy Jun 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 28477642)
First, welcome to the FT zoo.

Second, I believe the issue has now been resolved and we'll end up having to pay instead of flying for free.

However, about your research, just take that with a grain of salt. AC is not great and not terrible. You would likely find similar stories about more or less any airlines. Plus trashing AC is pretty much a Canadian national sport.

It is very hard for me to call this issue "resolved" since my flight is in 5 days and there still isn't a charge on my cc, 18 days after purchase. But thanks to this forum I got some peace of mind that people with the same issue are actually allowed to fly and then get billed later. That totally works with me.

1Newflyer Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Well in my case they processed new taxes but waiting on a refund of taxes from the original ticket. I changed the return and was told refunds may take longer and may show up on my second credit card cycle. Any one with a more specific time it takes to process these charges?

The smallest state Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by FocusGuy (Post 28479061)
It is very hard for me to call this issue "resolved" since my flight is in 5 days and there still isn't a charge on my cc, 18 days after purchase. But thanks to this forum I got some peace of mind that people with the same issue are actually allowed to fly and then get billed later. That totally works with me.

FocusGuy - I hate to tell you this but you have a couple of things working against you right now.

1/ Air Canada. This company doesn't care in the slightest about you, your issue or your flight. Seriously. You need to call on this until the charge is applied. Those horror stories you've read are all true. Every week there is someone who shows up at an airport and is turned away due to Air Canada glitches, screw ups and mistakes.

2/ Air Canada employees. They don't care in the slightest about you, your issue or your flight. Seriously. They want you off the phone in under 7 minutes. Air Canada has a company culture of passing the buck on bad news. There is another poster who landed in Toronto today from Phoenix and waited by the carousel for his luggage, never arrived. Reason, they didn't put it on in Phoenix. The Phoenix gate agents didn't tell the pax, the FA's didn't tell the pax, the baggage carousel even had luggage on it and a sign saying PHOENIX. 10 minutes later, an AC employee saunters up and announces he is bewildered they are all standing there as no luggage made the plane, didn't they make an announcement? Everyone passes the buck onto the next customer "service" agent.

You need to call AC again and again until it gets fixed. Good luck. You are being introduced to these guys in typical fashion, you are in possession of a ticket, nobody knows whats going on and no AC employees are assisting you.

There are a metric ton of ACbots and ACapologists on here who labo(u)r under the delusion of "my countries name is on that airline, I must defend them". Ignore them at all costs. Assume AC is dangerously incompetent in nearly everything customer service related and act accordingly. As they are a collection of incompetants, you need to remember that they are so stupid they can outsmart you. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but its true. No sane person can actually think of the ridiculous excuses', rules and things they can get up to.

I fly 75-100K a year on this airline and I can tell you that they have some nice people, some rude horrible people and some real dolts.

Finally - You need to be especially aware of "AC SPEAK". Boiled down AC speak is like an optimistic lie with hedging language. "You should be fine, everything looks ok to me is a classic. I think if you get there early enough you can mitigate any issues. You need to pin them down, write down names, constantly call them Judy, Tim, Ranjan or Dallip during the conversation to let them know you remember their names, that is the only thing that can blow back on them and it forces them to answer correctly not guess at stuff.

Good luck, please call AC and your cc company.