Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: $30 Fee for Int Bus Class Priority Rewards ticket for Immediate Family Member

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: $30 Fee for Int Bus Class Priority Rewards ticket for Immediate Family Member

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

$30 Fee for Int Bus Class Priority Rewards ticket for Immediate Family Member

I am looking to book a international business class priority rewards ticket via aeroplan, and since I'm not on the flight, I can't book it online and need to call in to aeroplan contact center. Anyone have success in getting the $30 booking fee waived as there was no online option available?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AC SE
you can book online for a different name.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
you can book online for a different name.
I don't think you can (or supposed to) when it's a Priority Rewards. I attempted to process the ticket, and when it brought me to the Passengers section, my name was greyed out. The only way for me to change it, is to check off a box that says "I need to modify my name. It is different on my passport". Keep in mind, at the very top, primary passenger still says my name on it and is continued to be greyed out.

This would then lead to another question I suppose...has anyone forced the name change by checking that off and experienced zero issues when it came time to ticketing and boarding the flight for the passenger?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE
For priority rewards for international business class, you need to be traveling on the same flight (it's a published restriction as part of the benefit). I wouldn't expect the call center would let you book a priority reward unless you were on a separate booking on the same flight, let alone waive the telephone booking fee.

EDIT: my mistake - as others have pointed out, immediate family members are eligible even if not traveling on the same flight. I don't think AP would waive the phone booking fee, though.

Last edited by gcashin; Jun 13, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by gcashin
For priority rewards for international business class, you need to be traveling on the same flight (it's a published restriction as part of the benefit).
This statement is wrong.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by circky
I am looking to book a international business class priority rewards ticket via aeroplan, and since I'm not on the flight, I can't book it online and need to call in to aeroplan contact center. Anyone have success in getting the $30 booking fee waived as there was no online option available?
No. You've nailed one of the many small annoyances of AP and AC being separate. You may be a great custom to AC, but AP doesn't give a hoot.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by gcashin
For priority rewards for international business class, you need to be traveling on the same flight (it's a published restriction as part of the benefit). I wouldn't expect the call center would let you book a priority reward unless you were on a separate booking on the same flight, let alone waive the telephone booking fee.
Priority rewards on international J flights are also available for immediate family members. You must give AC a family list first(once per years)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Priority rewards on international J flights are also available for immediate family members. You must give AC a family list first(once per years)
I've never been asked for this. Although I've only ever booked for Mrs. YVR when she is not travelling with me, and not abused the AC's immediate family (I wish it included parents!)

For my in-laws, or parents, I've always accompanied them with a revenue J ticket per the rules.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yvr76
I've never been asked for this. Although I've only ever booked for Mrs. YVR when she is not travelling with me, and not abused the AC's immediate family (I wish it included parents!)
Ditto, even for a different last name.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by rehoult
No. You've nailed one of the many small annoyances of AP and AC being separate. You may be a great custom to AC, but AP doesn't give a hoot.
yes and just think the staff from Aeroplan came from AC and now the staff from AP is working at AC "Craig"

its the same bunch of people screwing with you.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:39 pm

I never had any luck AP waiving the 30-dollar booking fee in these situations.
AP has set up a lot of traps to collect booking fees and this is one of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.