Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is PressReader available in all MLLs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S100K MM, Carlson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Platinum

Hey, just passing through (domestic) MLL @ YYZ and noticed that they've started offering PressReader there. You log in to their Wi-Fi (speeds seem to have improved) and then go to the PressReader app and download away. So, I just downloaded the Globe, Forbes and Bloomberg, plus a couple of other mags that I am not going to tell you about (ok, fine, home décor ones). Love it. There is never enough for me on IFE, so this is a godsend. Please tell me that this is available in all MLLs!
Attached Images  

Last edited by nm761; Jun 8, 2017 at 1:28 pm Reason: Adding screenshot
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The partnership between airlines and PressReader has been growing.

I wonder why Air Canada hasn't done something like this?
Maybe the MLL was easier.

I like how QF has it available

http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...ader/global/en

VA and FZ are also showing it. And just today, KLM posted this about their new Media App and how they are not going to be handing out newspapers onboard

Also..

"PressReader helps digitize major print titles for passengers"

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2014/0...or-passengers/
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

From today's Altitude Report:

Thousands of publications at your fingertips
Our Air Canada Lounges now offer unlimited access to over 7,000 of the world’s best magazines and newspapers on the PressReader app. These include The Globe and Mail, Bloomberg Businessweek, Vogue and many more, in 60 languages, compliments of Air Canada. Enjoy a publication in the lounge or save your favourites to read offline during your flight. We hope you enjoy your content the greener way!

That's great news!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is there more than one Southwest Minnesota airport?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:54 pm

Many people don't know you can read a ton of magazines for free with the RBDigital app and your public library card.

I know with my Toronto Public Library card I can get the Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek and thousands of others whenever I like, gratis.

The app, at least for Android, leaves much to desired, but it generally works.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Many people don't know you can read a ton of magazines for free with the RBDigital app and your public library card.

I know with my Toronto Public Library card I can get the Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek and thousands of others whenever I like, gratis.

True. And same is true with PressReader too, at least in my library. Plus PressReader has loads of newspapers too.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by YYZC2

The new app is nothing short of terrible. TPL has identified many issues. I used to count on RBdigital/ZINIO for my AC flights. No longer.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 1:41 pm

The AC homepage says:
NEW! Book Business Class and get access to PressReader

When clicking the Learn More button, you end up on a generic page that has no mention of Pressreader.

Anyone have insight?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tracon
The AC homepage says:
NEW! Book Business Class and get access to PressReader

When clicking the Learn More button, you end up on a generic page that has no mention of Pressreader.

Anyone have insight?
Maybe what they meant was:

"NEW! Book Business Class and get access to PressReader... with a visit to one of our opulent Maple Leaf Lounges!"

Of course, PressReader in the MLL isn't "NEW" per se...

Or did AC mean that a free subscription (if so, how long?) to PressReader?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Speculating here, but perhaps like some other airlines, you will have access to PressReader outside MLL before the flight? I think BA does that 24 hours before, and you can load up the content for the flight from the comfort of your living room or office. Not sure how it will be communicated if that's the case. Some do it by email. Others add a link in their app.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...e-service.html - scroll under in-flight entertainment (same as the otehr link from the banner on the home page)

Also noticed this - so you will now have access to PressReader if you buy the Wi-Fi pass, and this would mean that it would be available to all passengers I guess: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/wi-fi.html.

Unrelated, but does this mean that there's going to be a reintroduction of a full meal service in J in some not-so-distand future? One would hope....
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:35 am
Original Poster

My partner travelled in J the other day (upgraded), and the link to PressReader was in the check-in reminder email. So, this confirms the earlier suspicion that you now have access to the service before getting to the airport, and doesn't require a trip to MLL, nor relying on their Wi-Fi connection. This was much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.