Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan reward ticket remain as 'unticketed' for 3 hrs..

Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

I had an reward ticket reservation but I made class change from economy to business for one segment.

An initial reservation booked through Aeroplane.com and it confirmed about 5 minutes later then I also received a confirmation email.

I called to call center and request to make a change. The agent told me that I should receive an email pretty soon..but still I dont'the get

anything from Aeroplan. My account still says that this reward flight is 'untickted'...my flight is about 3 weeks away so not an urgent but

it makes me nervous. Do I need to call again to confirm or it will eventually go through pretty quick? Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Give it a few days. It took my last Asia reward trip a few days to ticket.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
.......especially if you did this at night. I don't know how/why, but I amended an award ticket in the PM, it took about 18 hours for it to go through.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:02 pm

I booked one over the phone last night and I still don't have an email confirmation either
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Midnightmartini - a regular ticket? No changes?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ght=unticketed
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
I got an email confirmation within minutes of getting off the phone with the agent showing the taxes break down. This is a new booking involving EVA airline. Then a separate email with the actual PDF ticket came 5 minutes after. I would get on Aeroplan right away, don't wait 48 hours. It should not take so long. You can ask them to manually ticket it while you stay on the phone.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Midnightmartini - a regular ticket? No changes?
Brand new award ticket. I received a confirmation number over the phone, and the CSR said it could take a few days for the ticket to get through the queue (?) before I get an email confirmation.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:03 pm

Call and pressure the agent to have your ticket brought to the front of the que.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
Call and pressure the agent to have your ticket brought to the front of the que.
Yep, that's what I'm trying now..I don'the want to wait and see how it goes under pressure! It'seems about 3 weeks far from today but better to have confirmed ticket.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:11 pm

The Aeroplan line is experiencing high call volume and won't take my call. The Aeroplan site is showing an unticketed reservation, and no deduction of my Aeroplan balance.

However, using the reservation number I was able to see my booking on SAS and SWISS websites. I called Swiss and was able to select a seat.

Would you be able to select seats if you had an unticketed reservation?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by midnightmartini
The Aeroplan line is experiencing high call volume and won't take my call. The Aeroplan site is showing an unticketed reservation, and no deduction of my Aeroplan balance.

However, using the reservation number I was able to see my booking on SAS and SWISS websites. I called Swiss and was able to select a seat.

By any chance, when you spoke to Swiss, did you get their own booking reference number? Also, you could ask them to read back the ticket number as the only way they would issue you a seat is if they had a booking and generated their own booking reference number....I would think based on my experiences with other bookings.

No matter what, you still need an e-ticket from Aeroplan

Last edited by 24left; Jun 1, 2017 at 6:58 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:32 pm

On the Swiss website are you able to see a 014 ticket number? That will point to it being ticketed. No miles being deducted worries me though. I understand your concern given departure is 3 weeks away. Keep on them. You want to get an email with a PDF file from Aeroplan showing a ticket number on the last page of the itinerary. That is the actual ticket.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midnightmartini

I also in the aeroplane call center queue about 40 minutes....frustrating....in a meanwhile I called to Asiana Airlines which is my last segment they were able to see my seats are confirmed and also I could change the seat. But still no confirmation email makes me worries......I will keep on hold and figure out as soon as I can.

Last edited by hw807; Jun 1, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys for all reply to my thread!!

I was on hold about 1.5 hr and eventually able to speak with Aeroplan CSR. I explained my situation (my travel is upcoming in 3 weeks) and she told me that it generally takes about 48 hrs when someone make changes in their existing reservation.

This afternoon I changed one of my segment from economy to business class (it was AC metal though) but I didn't receive a confirmation email from Aeroplan as well as my reservation status left as 'unticketed' so far. That makes me worries because all my travel plan can be messed up.

Anyway, luckily I was able to speak with CSR and she put me in a hold about 5 minutes to call Aeroplan booking service department and eventually an updated e-ticket is now issued and emailed to me right after!!^

I will never try to make any changes in my existing reservation for an upcoming travel...it was very frustrated experience which I never experience with Aeroplan since 2008. Anyway, now I'm good and I would recommend that keep try to call them if you have an issue. Don't wait until they do an action!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.