Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan reward ticket remain as 'unticketed' for 3 hrs..

Aeroplan reward ticket remain as 'unticketed' for 3 hrs..

Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
You organized people booking more than three weeks out...I envy your ability to plan!

This is a real issue when travel is within a few days or hours of booking. I once booked a ticket for my dad on LH metal (YVR-FRA), luckily I dropped him off at the airport a little early (T-85 mins) because when we got there it hadn't ticketed yet. A quick call to AE with my SE status dealt with it, but wiiwak?

(what if I was a kettle)
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
You organized people booking more than three weeks out...I envy your ability to plan!

This is a real issue when travel is within a few days or hours of booking. I once booked a ticket for my dad on LH metal (YVR-FRA), luckily I dropped him off at the airport a little early (T-85 mins) because when we got there it hadn't ticketed yet. A quick call to AE with my SE status dealt with it, but wiiwak?

(what if I was a kettle)
Yes it was....last night was so much frustrated...

I still had about 3 weeks timeline but 'unticketed' message was a lot of pressure to me anyway. I tried to reach Aeroplan more than 3 times and eventually I was able to spoke with CSR after 1.5 hrs hold. I never had an issue like this when I booked a reward flight through AP.com but booking by phone may different.

Anyway, now everything is fine so I'm good!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:43 am

Thank you for the advice 24left, Sunny Day.

Instead of trusting the system, I ended up calling Aeroplan again and I'm glad I did - the reason my itinerary remained unticketed was because my credit card information was not attached to the booking due to some IT glitch (even though the first agent had asked for it). With the 2nd agent today, we had to try a few times today to attach the CC info in their system. Eventually it went through and I received my email confirmation about an hour later - my trip is real

Originally Posted by hw807
Yes it was....last night was so much frustrated...

I still had about 3 weeks timeline but 'unticketed' message was a lot of pressure to me anyway. I tried to reach Aeroplan more than 3 times and eventually I was able to spoke with CSR after 1.5 hrs hold. I never had an issue like this when I booked a reward flight through AP.com but booking by phone may different.

Anyway, now everything is fine so I'm good!

Glad it was fixed for you. The long Aeroplan hold times are indeed very frustrating.

A good time to call would be the morning - today I called at 7:50am EST and I was only on hold for 7 minutes - a record!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I was on hold about 1.5 hr..............
That's great. You call AP and sit on hold for 90 minutes, then they have to call someone else and put you on hold.

AC and AP really are unique business models
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk

(what if I was a kettle)
I recently had a YGK-YYZ-SFO booked, both segments in X, but on a J ticket.

YGK-YYZ was cancelled, and I was protected on a later YYZ-SFO in I class by the concierge.

I was sitting on the train for YGK-YYZ, and checked Aeroplan, and noticed there was now IKK for my original YYZ-SFO (which I still intended to take). I called Aeroplan. There was a bit of a "..." moment, and she asked where I was.

She managed to move me from X to I, but said it was IMPOSSIBLE to re-ticket it due to the other changes, and to just tell them that at the airport (LOL!)

I'm SE, it was all AC metal, and there was a coupon attached to the protected segment, so I wasn't really worried (though I anticipated I'd have to spend a few minutes with the concierge to get it sorted out).

But yes, the agent literally told me not to worry about it not being ticketed.

A few minutes after the call, I did receive a ticketing email, which they got through by DROPPING my protected segment.

I had half a mind to show up at check-in after my original flight had departed, but I really wanted the early one.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems to me if there was still three weeks until travelling, panicking after a few hours was a bit of an overkill. One would not want to let this drag over a few days, definitely not a week. But three hours should not be a big deal.

Especially if the leg changed was on AC.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:35 pm

I had an reward ticket reservation but I made class change from economy to business for one segment.

An initial reservation booked through Aeroplane.com and it confirmed about 5 minutes later then I also received a confirmation email.

I called to call center and request to make a change. The agent told me that I should receive an email pretty soon..but still I dont'the get

anything from Aeroplan. My account still says that this reward flight is 'untickted'...my flight is about 3 weeks away so not an urgent but

it makes me nervous. Do I need to call again to confirm or it will eventually go through pretty quick? Thanks.
I have made a changed and have not receive my ticket yet. It's almost 24 hours, should I be worried? My travel is not until a few months away. I've read in another post that there might be risk of seat getting lost when they remain un-ticket for too long.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by newbie2008
I have made a changed and have not receive my ticket yet. It's almost 24 hours, should I be worried? My travel is not until a few months away. I've read in another post that there might be risk of seat getting lost when they remain un-ticket for too long.
What airlines are involved?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
what airlines are involved?
ua, nh, br, lx
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:54 pm

ua, nh, br, lx
When I've made changes to tickets involving other airlines, it's generally been pretty close to departure (hours, not days), so they've always re-ticketed before I hung up.

Further out, it's only been AC bookings, and those never drop off if it's left unticketed, so I've never cared.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ua, nh, br, lx
Don't let seven days pass. Some airlines drop the reservation if the ticket is not issued within seven days.

Happened to us with SK some years back.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
Don't let seven days pass. Some airlines drop the reservation if the ticket is not issued within seven days.

Happened to us with SK some years back.
Just a quick update. I just got off the phone with them. They said because my travel is in November, I'm farther behind in the queue. I should wait 24-72 hour. I'll call back on Monday I guess.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a quick update. I just got off the phone with them. They said because my travel is in November, I'm farther behind in the queue. I should wait 24-72 hour. I'll call back on Monday I guess.
Be sure they don't let seven days pass. They might.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:50 pm

I've never had to make any changes, so was wondering if you make segment changes, does the entire trip need to be re-ticketed?

If so, does that mean every time a change is made, one should be diligent and re-check every segment operated by a different carrier?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

I would recommend to contact Aeroplan CSR and solve the problem as soon as you can. I think they have some kind of 'queuing' system but I also do belied that they can handle it manually if necessary. The agent that I spoke directly contact ticketing department and my ticket just confirmed right after 5 minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.