Wiki Posts
Search

Same-Day Changes (2017-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
In this context what does "subject to availabilty" mean? P fare, there is J fare sale but no Y, i.e. likely overbooked. Can I do a same day free change? Do I need to do it at midnight?
All of this is subject to the usual "these are the rules, but agents have the technical ability to do anything, so you might get around it" caveats.

You have to do it on the same calendar day based on your departure airport.

Both your cabin and the flight need positive space. J2 O0 Y-2 is not valid. It doesn't matter what they're selling, just what the loads are.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Both your cabin and the flight need positive space. J2 O0 Y-2 is not valid. It doesn't matter what they're selling, just what the loads are.
Does not look too good then. Most BOS-YYZ flights are likely overbooked tomorrow, except perhaps an afternoon one...
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
All of this is subject to the usual "these are the rules, but agents have the technical ability to do anything, so you might get around it" caveats.

You have to do it on the same calendar day based on your departure airport.

So the option did not show up online when checking in at 00:45 am. Or later. I called the concierge. She insisted that same day change is $100, but standby is free. However my reservation shows free same day change, no standby... Anyway, I paid. Changed to a flight which had 4 J seats, -2 in Y. I can totally imagine that the rules I see and the rules the concierge saw differed. (For instance, reservation shows change fee $400 but the IPhone app says $200...) Time to send a complain to Customer Solutions?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Will I be able to SDC this reservation online? It was a reissue of a previously cancelled reservation done over the phone. The reason I ask about change at OLCI is that I'll be in SFO that morning and need to change this flight (which is on a separate PNR from my YYZ-SFO flight) before departing SFO.

Re-booked reservation
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If it's operated by AC and is not basic economy, you can do an SDC. OLCI only ever offers the next two departures, which means nothing useful for Rapidair if you want to do it before departing SFO.

However:

1. SFO agents should be able to do it
2. AC.com is free on inflight wifi, and all but the red-eye on SFO-YYZ are scheduled on equipment with wifi.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Thanks, the inability to change it online now caused some concern. Hopefully the SFO agents can sort it out in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.