Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SQx/Aeroplan earning on tickets booked with RBC Avion points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K; *G; VIPorter Priority; HHonors Gold; Fairmont President's Club Premier; Nexus

How is this? I know that Aeroplan booked flights don't count towards your miles, segments or AQD, but why is it that the flights I booked using my Avion points wouldn't count?
Old May 30, 2017, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by DLovehall
How is this? I know that Aeroplan booked flights don't count towards your miles, segments or AQD, but why is it that the flights I booked using my Avion points wouldn't count?
That's odd. Every time I've used my avion points I've received AQM and AQS.

I've also called avion to get permission to book directly with AC and then get a statement credit after the fact.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by DLovehall
What is your source? Whenever I have booked I have gotten credit as well. The Avion points booking are booked in a revenue booking class so I don't see why you wouldn't get credit for it.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
What is your source? Whenever I have booked I have gotten credit as well. The Avion points booking are booked in a revenue booking class so I don't see why you wouldn't get credit for it.
+1. Booked at least three flights with Avion, once directly with AC and credit from Avian and two booked directly with Avion. All credited.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by vernonc
+1. Booked at least three flights with Avion, once directly with AC and credit from Avian and two booked directly with Avion. All credited.
I did a Vancouver to Toronto return (out on the last day of April, back first week of May). The outbound earned AQM and AQD. The return shows up as 0 miles and "Not elegable" in the altitude portal. Both segment were in booking class A.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:55 am

Try submitting a mileage credit request for it with Aeroplan. Could just be an IT glitch, and not related to avion
Old May 30, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by monkai
Try submitting a mileage credit request for it with Aeroplan. Could just be an IT glitch, and not related to avion
I though it was an IT glitch but it looks like others are running into the same problem.

Another solution, my next two flights are booked on WestJet. Better lounges (AMEX) and you know up front the millage program is worthless.

Though I will try to reclaim it. I will post on the outcome.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: SE100K
Just ported a similar one came across the same with CIBC booking. Never had this before.

Makes no sense it is a revenue booking
Old May 30, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Fiordland
I though it was an IT glitch but it looks like others are running into the same problem.

Another solution, my next two flights are booked on WestJet. Better lounges (AMEX) and you know up front the millage program is worthless.

Though I will try to reclaim it. I will post on the outcome.
Could be that Avion has gotten in on selling consolidator tickets, which are exempt from Altitude if I remember correctly. In that case, it's not on AC but Avion for not telling you what they are selling you.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I did a Vancouver to Toronto return (out on the last day of April, back first week of May). The outbound earned AQM and AQD. The return shows up as 0 miles and "Not elegable" in the altitude portal. Both segment were in booking class A.
I have a similar experience as well. Outbound in mid-May YYC-YYZ-PHL earned AQM & AQS, but no AQD ("Not eligible"). However, my return a week later, EWR-YVR-YYC shows on Altitude as 0 miles and "Not eligible" and are not part of my AQS. (Side note, nothing shows in my Aeroplan account for the return).

Fare classes were a mix of G and W.

Waiting for now and I will submit a missing request if nothing changes in the coming days.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Well there was a guy here who got 35 APeso's for flying from Montreal to Quebec, you aren't really earning points with cash either.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state
Well there was a guy here who got 35 APeso's for flying from Montreal to Quebec, you aren't really earning points with cash either.
True.

I manage to collect a lot of Avion points. Avion is a pretty popular program with a lot of small business. So Avion corresponds to about half of my AC flying. If they do not provide a path to E35 anymore, I have a strong case to stick to Alaska, Delta and WestJet. Odd Lufthansa or ANA trip could shift over to KLM and JAL. The AMEX card provides a better lounge experience than Maple leaf anyway.

I have been on the fence for the past year or so. This would tip it away from AC.
Old May 30, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I believe he got 36 actually
Old May 30, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
The Avion flights book using Travelocity.ca right?

If it's not a basic booking (i.e. lowest economy), I've always called in and requested a file to be open. Then, I book direct on aircanada.com using my Avion and submit the bill for redemption.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
The Avion flights book using Travelocity.ca right?

If it's not a basic booking (i.e. lowest economy), I've always called in and requested a file to be open. Then, I book direct on aircanada.com using my Avion and submit the bill for redemption.
Just noticed the Avion is tied to Orbitz (who are owned by Expedia). Not certain if that is a change. That may be new, I though it use to be handled at the backend by one of the brick and mortar travel agents (maybe Carlson Wagonlit?). Have to say never looked to closely, RBC does a good, but not perfect job of white labelling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.