Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SQx/Aeroplan earning on tickets booked with RBC Avion points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQx/Aeroplan earning on tickets booked with RBC Avion points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Shhhh... big brother is watching

In all seriousness though I wonder if AC will find a way to flag these bookings as Avion statement credits and prevent AQM etc. accumulation
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by marke190

In all seriousness though I wonder if AC will find a way to flag these bookings as Avion statement credits and prevent AQM etc. accumulation
Hopefully not! But it would not be at all surprising if they did...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:38 pm

The old HUCA method can never go wrong! Some agents can be brutal to deal with on anything out of the norm!
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by marke190

AC will always seek to find a way to give the middle finger to those who don't pay full fare.
Symmetre and codfather like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:44 pm

Just checked my AC Altitude account for no particular reason...

I received AQM/AQD/AQS for my last flights on AC that I booked through Avion. Last time I had flights that I booked via the Avion site they showed up as not eligible in my activities feed.

Does anybody know if Avion flights now get qualifying miles again? Maybe this was merely a computer glitch on the part of AC.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:48 pm

4 AQS required for next status? Seems odd, but I am okay with it! @canadiancow any idea what is going on here?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by codfather

Does anybody know if Avion flights now get qualifying miles again? Maybe this was merely a computer glitch on the part of AC.
I think the conclusion was that Avion has a negotiated rate that excludes points, but when that is up, they book into regular buckets.
skybluesea, codfather and 5mm like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
I can also confirm that a Christmas holiday trip booked using our RBC Infinite Avion points also received both AQM and AQD credits to our sons Aeroplan and Altitude accounts.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by codfather

4 AQS required for next status? Seems odd, but I am okay with it! @canadiancow any idea what is going on here?
No
codfather likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Just wondering if this would be part of the "new enhancements" for the RBC Avion cards. We received early this month from RBC... "
I look forward to letting you know about more exciting new Avion benefits coming soon - Athena Varmazis, Senior Vice President, Cards "
I have owned this card for a very long time and was my primary card and only used it once to book a flight about 7yrs ago. Needless to say I have a lot of points been thinking of transferring it to Avios since its the only "real/good" benefit. But if they start accumulating miles again this might be worth it. What I am hoping is that they can be a transfer partner with AC. Not sure if that works since RBC works with WS, BA, CX and AA. But it would be interesting if they will partner with AC in 2020!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Just to muddy the waters further, I booked an Avion reward online for YYC-OGG return (via YVR on the way out, direct on the way back) last year on May 6, 2018 for spring break 2019 (21-31 Mar). The tickets were in the Economy(G) bucket to OGG and Economy (T) on the return. All three flights showed up as valid AQM/AQS flights in my dashboard, listed as Standard with the appropriate dollar value. At first I thought this was a result of the itinerary changes on the outbound legs (both flights changed times, flight numbers and aircraft due to the MAX issue) but the return flight only changed aircraft type and it also qualified. So, I dunno -- YMMV.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by douglasr
Just to muddy the waters further, I booked an Avion reward online for YYC-OGG return (via YVR on the way out, direct on the way back) last year on May 6, 2018 for spring break 2019 (21-31 Mar). The tickets were in the Economy(G) bucket to OGG and Economy (T) on the return. All three flights showed up as valid AQM/AQS flights in my dashboard, listed as Standard with the appropriate dollar value. At first I thought this was a result of the itinerary changes on the outbound legs (both flights changed times, flight numbers and aircraft due to the MAX issue) but the return flight only changed aircraft type and it also qualified. So, I dunno -- YMMV.
It seems that Avion flights are eligible for AQM/AQS/AQD once again! Great news.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:49 am
F 1

Flights I took recently that were booked using RBC Rewards Points (actual points, not the Avion redemption schedule) qualified for AQD/AQS/AQM.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: SE100K
I wonder if CIBC now works the same. When you ask to add your ff# they say they cannot add it to the booking, this being CIBC or RBC.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE 100, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Can anyone point me to where it says on RBC Rewards site where if using redemption schedule will result in zero AQM or AQD Air Canada credit or even generically. Yes, after two years since last using points I’m caught in the nasty surprise that the biz class tickets that I paid the vast majority for and used some Avion points are fully disqualified. I’ve looked through the entire site, have even tried to do another booking and nothing. This wouldn’t be so bad if it was a short domestic flight but it was biz from YUL to NRT return - what should have been a sizeable amount of miles. As an SE100K - I read fine print always and no where did I see this mentioned before purchase of tickets. Of course feeling like an idiot for having missed it - but can someone please point me to where this is stated? Sorry for continuing this thread but given the number of miles I’m coming to the experts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.