Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SQx/Aeroplan earning on tickets booked with RBC Avion points

SQx/Aeroplan earning on tickets booked with RBC Avion points

Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yoga
I don’t think so as it is the same case is with CIBC Aventuranand why would a bank be able to determine Air Canada’s decision to no longer credit for reward travel on a card that you are paying and earning points in. I am not sure why they would have any way. This would be Air Canada’s decision.
The various points programs negotiate discounted fares with AC - they are not paying AC the same price it would cost you to buy a ticket on the AC website. The removal of points earning was almost certainly part of that negotiation, with the result being a lower price for the rewards programs - whether Air Miles, Aventura, etc - than previously, because AC eliminated the expense of purchasing miles from Aeroplan.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Do we know if the new fixed points travel program from AMEX operates in a similar manner? I think it might be time to re-evaluate some of my cards...
Wondering the same ? Anyone booking with AMEX Fixed Points notice AQM/ AQD posting?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:30 pm

Any updates regarding other *A airlines? If this still works can see a value in keeping this card, not sure how one could tell with some of the code shares etc, ie lots of Lufthansa, ANA options out of YVR
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Has anyone any recent experience in earning AQM / AQD while redeeming AMEX fixed points?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Any recent experience crediting Avion or AirMiles flight redemptions on Air Canada to United MileagePlus or other Star Alliance partners ?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/RBC Rewards/Hilton Honors/SPG-Marriot/Hyatt/Nexus
I received AQM for my Avion rewards booked flight to FL this past November. Didn't check AQD.

Last edited by Lish; Jan 2, 2019 at 11:02 pm Reason: clarifying word missing
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Another data point. Over the Christmas period we had booked our son on a domestic return flight using RBC Avion points. Flights were booked into Standard (U and S). Prompted by the recent activity here we checked his Aeroplan/Altitude accounts and he received AQM (25%) and AQD for both legs of the trip
Celavia likes this.

Last edited by YYC traveler; Jan 3, 2019 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan Altitude 35K
Does anyone know if receiving AQM and AQD's with Avion is now back in play then? I have a bunch of Avion points that I was going to use on some gift cards but I usually prefer to save them for my Christmas time flights.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
If AQM is back in play with these I know how I'll be paying for my milage runs.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Can anybody confirm if this is correct? Game changer if Avion qualifies for AQS/AQM again!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:01 pm

So I did a mock booking with RBC from YVR-YYC roundtrip and it books into L class with basis code L14UATG. I assume since it's still Tango that it would accrue AQS and AQM? Might be worthwhile for me to complete the booking for a lowly 15K points and try it out one of these weekends lol.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:19 pm

I double checked my ticket and the rewards site codes the flight in their fare class instead of as a reward. In my case it was T & A, Standard, allowing me to qualify for the 50% AQM/AQD as well as the segments. Also issued 014 ticket.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: SE100K
But this was not an actual reward ticket..?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:53 pm

I redeemed my points for it so I'm not sure what you would classify as reward ticket then.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:54 pm

I used 15k throwaway avion points for 4 segments coming up in a couple weeks to test this. It's booked in Standard on AC's site so it looks good; we'll see after the flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.