Best J seats on 787 for couple

Old May 26, 2017, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Best J seats on 787 for couple

My wife and I are booked in J on the 787 this summer YYZ to MXP on an overnight flight. I know the middle divider doesn't drop so it rules out seats D&G, so would you say it's better to have two A/K seats in front of the other one window and one aisle (A&D or G&K). If the latter are you able to see each other if you lean forward?

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by terpfan101
My wife and I are booked in J on the 787 this summer YYZ to MXP on an overnight flight. I know the middle divider doesn't drop so it rules out seats D&G, so would you say it's better to have two A/K seats in front of the other one window and one aisle (A&D or G&K). If the latter are you able to see each other if you lean forward?

Thanks!
Even with the divider, you can still see each other unless you're very short (maybe under 5' or so?). All the other options would have you two much more distant.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by zwkchong
Even with the divider, you can still see each other unless you're very short (maybe under 5' or so?). All the other options would have you two much more distant.
Agree 100%

The divider is not high at all and you can easily converse with others.

The Back to back method for a couple sucks because one must almost always get up to talk or twist their head and torso.

I actually find it amusing and a bit annoying seeing others talk loudly to their companion in front of them or behind them because of this.

I see couples or companions make best use of the middle seats with the low divider.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for those thoughts. After posting this I googled and saw a thread here or on tripadvisor and someone said that there are no individual air nozzles above the middle seats. Is that correct? I can't sleep if it's too hot on the plane.
Also is it annoying if you have to go around to the other side of plane to see the spouse?
Finally are the middle seats more exposed for sleeping purposes?
Old May 28, 2017, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by terpfan101
Thanks for those thoughts. After posting this I googled and saw a thread here or on tripadvisor and someone said that there are no individual air nozzles above the middle seats. Is that correct? I can't sleep if it's too hot on the plane.
Also is it annoying if you have to go around to the other side of plane to see the spouse?
Finally are the middle seats more exposed for sleeping purposes?
No vents. Buy a USB fan like this https://www.amazon.ca/Mostfeel-USB-P...ywords=usb+fan I never travel without it as it really helps me sleep. Also great for hot summer days where they don't switch on the APU and there's a ground delay. (huge travel pet peeve for me).

Why do you need to go to the other side? You can easily pass things over the divider if needed.

More exposed than the windows for sure but you're pretty well enclosed once you're in the full flat position.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was pretty sure the "seats for a couple" question had been asked before

787 Couple Seating

And this one

787 seating for couples/families

And there even a few with couples and an infant
Old May 29, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
Mrs. Stiff and I are flying YYZ-AMS in July and are in 1A and 3A. Not sure I'll even ask the passenger in 2A for a switch. We'll be 12 days joined at the hip once we get there so a few hours apart won't hurt.

OK, so my real answer is go for the A's or K's. You'll be busy with movies and books and such anyhow, and that way you both get windows for the daylight portion of the flight.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Stiff
Mrs. Stiff and I are flying YYZ-AMS in July and are in 1A and 3A. Not sure I'll even ask the passenger in 2A for a switch. We'll be 12 days joined at the hip once we get there so a few hours apart won't hurt.

OK, so my real answer is go for the A's or K's. You'll be busy with movies and books and such anyhow, and that way you both get windows for the daylight portion of the flight.
Country to the thread itself (Best J seats on 787 for couple), I believe AMS operates on the A330-300 through the Summer. As the "A" seats are separated by a wall running the length of the cabin, certain that 2A would have no objection to switching.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.