FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   As of May 23, 2017, Aeroplan Members can earn miles with Juneyao Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1844682-may-23-2017-aeroplan-members-can-earn-miles-juneyao-airlines.html)

tcook052 May 26, 2017 7:20 am

As of May 23, 2017, Aeroplan Members can earn miles with Juneyao Airlines

https://www5.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...053_2017_05_23

As of May 23, 2017, Aeroplan Members can earn Aeroplan Miles with a new Star Alliance Connecting Partner, Shanghai-based Juneyao Airlines.

This addition gives Aeroplan Members greater choice and flexibility with flight connections to numerous cities within China, such as Shanghai, Chengdu, Chongqing and Shenzhen, and with several international destinations, complementing Aeroplan’s existing network of partners in Asia.

Juneyao Airlines carries more than 11 million passengers per year and counts more than 80 domestic routes between Shanghai and Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Chongqing, Kunming, Tianjin and more. With a fleet of 62 aircraft, Juneyao Airlines provides more than 1,700 weekly flights to 70 destinations in eight countries and regions.

Aeroplan Miles earned on all eligible Juneyao Airlines flights are also Altitude Qualifying Miles and count towards Air Canada Altitude™ status.

Star Alliance™ Gold and Silver Benefits are not extended by Juneyao Airlines.

Jma12 May 26, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 28361940)

As of May 23, 2017, Aeroplan Members can earn Aeroplan Miles with a new Star Alliance Connecting Partner, Shanghai-based Juneyao Airlines.

This addition gives Aeroplan Members greater choice and flexibility with flight connections to numerous cities within China, such as Shanghai, Chengdu, Chongqing and Shenzhen, and with several international destinations, complementing Aeroplan’s existing network of partners in Asia.

Juneyao Airlines carries more than 11 million passengers per year and counts more than 80 domestic routes between Shanghai and Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Chongqing, Kunming, Tianjin and more. With a fleet of 62 aircraft, Juneyao Airlines provides more than 1,700 weekly flights to 70 destinations in eight countries and regions.

Aeroplan Miles earned on all eligible Juneyao Airlines flights are also Altitude Qualifying Miles and count towards Air Canada Altitude™ status.

Star Alliance™ Gold and Silver Benefits are not extended by Juneyao Airlines.

From JuneYao Airline's website:

Introduction

Since May 23rd, 2017 Juneyao Airlines has become the first Star Alliance Connecting Partner. Customers travelling on an itinerary which includes a transfer between a Star Alliance member airline and Juneyao Airlines will enjoy benefits such as passenger and baggage through check-in.
Frequent flyer programme members from Juneyao Airlines can collect and redeem miles on Air China, Air Canada, EVA Air, Singapore Airlines and United. Vice versa, frequent flyer programme members from Air China, Air Canada, EVA Air, Singapore Airlines and United can collect and redeem miles on Juneyao Airlines. For full details please check with the individual frequent flyer programme.

Star Alliance Gold Card holders will enjoy the following tailored privileges on connecting flights operated by Juneyao Airlines:

Lounge Access
Fast Track Security
Additional Baggage
Priority Check-in
Priority Boarding
Priority Standby
Priority Baggage Delivery

I wonder who is right with *G benefits, if so does it only apply to all *G from *A?

PointWeasel May 26, 2017 10:45 am

Per the SAS press release:

JUNEYAO AIRLINES BECOMES FIRST AIRLINE TO EXPAND STAR ALLIANCE NETWORK UNDER CONNECTING PARTNER MODEL
May 24, 2017 14:53 / Star Alliance / English
More Travel Options Via Shanghai

Juneyao Airlines today became the first airline to expand the Star Alliance network as a Connecting Partner. Under the Alliance’s innovative partnership concept, the Shanghai based airline now offers Star Alliance passengers new transfer opportunities at either of Shanghai’s two airports – Pudong International and Hongqiao International. For all connecting passengers through check-in will be offered in both directions and all qualifying Star Alliance Gold Status passengers will be provided the following privileges on their Juneyao Airlines connecting flights:

Lounge Access
Fast Track Security
Additional Baggage
Priority Check-in
Priority Boarding
Priority Standby
Priority Baggage Delivery

“With Juneyao Airlines as a Connecting Partner we have achieved two important goals. First, as an alliance we can offer regional airlines an attractive way to connect to our global alliance network, without requiring full membership. Going forward, this will enable us to strategically enhance our network. Second, with Juneyao Airlines we strengthen our market position in Shanghai, a city which is already served by 17 of our member airlines and which will now offer even better connectivity to our customers”, said Jeffrey Goh, CEO Star Alliance.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/juneyao-a...partner-model/

So who should we believe? The actual new Partner and SAS or Aeroplan? Its a rhetorical question for most. ;)

ChrisA330 May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

From Star Alliance:

Are the Gold status privileges standard across all Connecting Partners?

No. Each Connecting Partner airline will offer an individually tailored set of privileges. These may include individual Gold benefits that are offered by all member airlines, such as priority check-in. But they may also include special additional privileges that are unique to that airline.

Why do I get different privileges on each of the Connecting Partners?

The privileges in each case are aligned with the business proposition of each individual Connecting Partner airline. Connecting Partners are under no obligation to offer all or any of the standard Gold benefits. At the same time, they face no restriction if they would like to and are in a position to offer additional “special” privileges for Gold customers.

So *S/*G status may or may not apply to each Connecting Partner, although it appears for Juneyao they do apply.

PointWeasel May 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 28363156)
So *S/*G status may or may not apply to each Connecting Partner, although it appears for Juneyao they do apply.

So you are giving AE a pass on this oversight? Surely not.

Jumper Jack May 26, 2017 8:51 pm

You don't really need priorty luggage in China because it's as fast as AC priorty

I however welcome this development. Shanghai is long overdue for a star a partner.

However.. seeing how this is connection only... Quite disappointed..

Sean Peever May 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Am I the only FF with over 1MM that had to Google Juneyao Airlines?

Jumper Jack May 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever (Post 28364700)
Am I the only FF with over 1MM that had to Google Juneyao Airlines?

It's quite new... I didn't know about it until last summer

tcook052 Jun 28, 2017 5:41 pm

UPDATE: As of June 26, 2017, Aeroplan members are also able to use their miles for flights with Juneyao through Aeroplan’s Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards.

Star Alliance™ Gold status customers travelling on a connecting itinerary will be offered a tailored set of benefits from Juneyao Airlines.

drvannostren Dec 31, 2017 6:17 am

Anyone actually tried any of this? The United website has steered me toward a bunch of Juneyao options, but if there's gonna be no miles, and no lounge access, I'd rather avoid them. The star alliance lounge finder that I normally live by doesn't even list Juneyao in the options. But that post on the Juneyao website does outline all the benefits.

IluvSQ Dec 31, 2017 7:30 am

I flew HO a few years ago, before they became associated with *A. There was lounge access, since I was in J class.
They were so new at the time that Expert Flyer had no idea who they were - HO showed as some charter airline.

I am flying them again next week, I should get miles but no AQD since it is a Ctrip purchased ticket.

skybluesea Dec 31, 2017 9:17 am

Flew HO in J in Nov on PVG- BKK route

nothing special, std biz recliner, flight after 9p so only light snack.

on time and staff attentive with limited English, and as cnx from AC x YVR, cabin pretty quiet was good as needed sleep.

Would I fly again- yes

drvannostren Jan 5, 2018 1:55 am

Originally Posted by skybluesea (Post 29233295)
Flew HO in J in Nov on PVG- BKK route

nothing special, std biz recliner, flight after 9p so only light snack.

on time and staff attentive with limited English, and as cnx from AC x YVR, cabin pretty quiet was good as needed sleep.

Would I fly again- yes

Did you try for any lounge access? I wouldn't be flying J but with *G I would hope there's something. At PVG I've had 2 largely different experiences. 1) A quite nice and calm CA lounge, I was impressed with it since the reviews of the PEK lounge at the hub weren't great. 2) Flying Y with MU. The flight was whatever, but a 15ish hour layover was intolerable. Lounge access was like $50 CAD a pop, and was limited to 2 hours, but there also seemed to be many separate gate specific lounges, as also evident in a Ben Schlappig review. I couldn't really navigate any of it, so I bailed and grabbed a hotel after 1300, which was fine, just had to kill like 8 hours after arriving at like 0500. Frankly...I wouldn't wanna do it again, but if I had access to that CA lounge, I'd quite happily be able to spend multiple hours there.

skybluesea Jan 5, 2018 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 29252515)
Did you try for any lounge access? I wouldn't be flying J but with *G I would hope there's something. At PVG I've had 2 largely different experiences. 1) A quite nice and calm CA lounge, I was impressed with it since the reviews of the PEK lounge at the hub weren't great. 2) Flying Y with MU. The flight was whatever, but a 15ish hour layover was intolerable. Lounge access was like $50 CAD a pop, and was limited to 2 hours, but there also seemed to be many separate gate specific lounges, as also evident in a Ben Schlappig review. I couldn't really navigate any of it, so I bailed and grabbed a hotel after 1300, which was fine, just had to kill like 8 hours after arriving at like 0500. Frankly...I wouldn't wanna do it again, but if I had access to that CA lounge, I'd quite happily be able to spend multiple hours there.

yes, 4 hours in CA lounge - calm is my preference too

IluvSQ Jan 13, 2018 7:53 pm

A recent flight on HO just posted correctly , but surprised to see the flight listed as DKH 1388, rather than HO 1388.
It shows that way on both AE and Altitude. More AC IT?