Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Flight availability

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
Aeroplan Flight availability

Every year for the past 6 years we have managed to snag Business seats to Maui in the winter, either flying out of Detroit on United, or Toronto. This year there is very little availability. In fact, United has nothing for our return trip, even in economy. Air Canada only has the Market Fares, which are crazy. We need to come back in mid March. Can anyone suggest any strategies? If we are stuck with Market Fare (and we don't have enough points yet), is it fairly safe to wait a few months so we can keep accumulating? What's happening?
Old May 22, 2017, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by taylor
Every year for the past 6 years we have managed to snag Business seats to Maui in the winter, either flying out of Detroit on United, or Toronto. This year there is very little availability. In fact, United has nothing for our return trip, even in economy. Air Canada only has the Market Fares, which are crazy. We need to come back in mid March. Can anyone suggest any strategies? If we are stuck with Market Fare (and we don't have enough points yet), is it fairly safe to wait a few months so we can keep accumulating? What's happening?
Soring break can be hard for tickets. Try looking at availability out of YYC or YVR and work backwards.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Spring
Old May 23, 2017, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Use ExpertFlyer or AwardNexus to get alerts when seats become available for your desired flights or dates

Also, The quality of Business Class seats/service offered from North America to Hawaii is usually not worth the extra miles IMHO, compared to Economy
Old May 23, 2017, 6:36 am

Consider IAD or IAH to HNL (both United lay flat in business), but then, you'll need to get to Maui(usually cheap). Those will be the difficult legs - getting to IAD or IAH is easier.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan, delta, aa
Thanks. I agree the business product is pretty bad, but we find the overnight flight coming back to be very difficult and at least business is a bit roomier and also quieter. Of course, if we could get lie flat, that would be fantastic. We have found it ironic that we have had the old style business seats for OGG to LA, for the night flight, but then the lie flats to New York or Toronto, during the day.
I am just seeing much less availability this year than any other year, making me think I will be well ready for the new Air Canada program.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Thanks. I agree the business product is pretty bad, but we find the overnight flight coming back to be very difficult and at least business is a bit roomier and also quieter. Of course, if we could get lie flat, that would be fantastic. We have found it ironic that we have had the old style business seats for OGG to LA, for the night flight, but then the lie flats to New York or Toronto, during the day.
I am just seeing much less availability this year than any other year, making me think I will be well ready for the new Air Canada program.
Fly via yyc, you will get pods.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Fly via yyc, you will get pods.
For now. There has been quite a bit of speculation that the route will be rouged.
Old May 24, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Have you looked into just buying a ticket? YYZ-OGG is dirt cheap, in the US$1,056/C$1,426 round trip range including lie flat options.
https://goo.gl/flights/ZPff

Last edited by SFO777; May 24, 2017 at 7:59 am
Old May 24, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Have you looked into just buying a ticket? YYZ-OGG is dirt cheap, in the US$1,056/C$1,426 round trip range including lie flat options.
https://goo.gl/flights/ZPff
Wow... that's a great price.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
That's a fantastic deal
Old May 24, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Most certainly is.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
We did YYZ-MSP-HNL in Delta One Lie Flat in Feb/Mar 2017 for 1350CAD per seat.

Direct flight option was AC Rouge on a 10+ hour route. No thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.