Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Onboard Drink Service - Successes and Failures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

I think we need a special thread, separate from meal service threads.

It would interesting to have all the drinking while flying details and experiences - including "Adventures in PDB" - all in one central thread.

It would be great to hear from others what their experiences are in ALL cabins, whether you pay for your drink in Y or it's included in J, on which flights you had an enjoyable drink experiences (drink and service), which were less pleasant and include anything new you've discovered.

I think we can also welcome comparisons to other airlines on the same routes.

Photos are most welcome.

---

I'll start.

As noted in my post about AC 118 flying back from the YYJ Do a week ago, the SD asked what I would like to drink, I just requested the usual choice on my Dom/TB lights - G&T with extra lemon.

Sean the SD said "You can have that later and instead suggested I try Grand Marnier in a warmed glass.

As noted, it was outstanding and what a difference from all previous experiences where I just poured it on ice.

Fantastic drink and awesome suggestion from SD Sean. ^

Attached Images  

Last edited by 24left; May 14, 2017 at 9:09 pm
Old May 14, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: *$ Green
AC please get rid of that prosecco, and just serve the Krug as PDB.

thank you
Old May 14, 2017, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hey you can see this thread in the reflection!
Attached Images  
Old May 14, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I have noticed an uptick in PDB with AC. However I had a flight recently where the FA poured vodka out of a cheap mickey rather than those little bottles.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:36 pm

Well, I think that Proseco is now a 'thing', so some may prefer it to the champagne. It sounds pretty brave for Sean to suggest something new (and SO different from what you asked for), but I wonder if I ask for it on a random flight if I'll get strange looks! The first photo is amazing!

For me, the worst was my last PE flight YVR-PVG. The call button was ignored (based on a recent post, maybe drinks are not an appropriate use of the button) and they literally RAN through the cabin eyes down in case someone might have called them (and ears down since they didn't hear me either). I walk around a lot and the staff at the back were much more friendly about the drinks.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Does AC have prosecco onboard now? I always want to have a glass of prosecco, instead of champagne...Adami would be a nice one
Old May 14, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hey you can see this thread in the reflection!
looks like diet coke, not coke zero used as the mix
Old May 14, 2017, 11:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by lespoir
Does AC have prosecco onboard now? I always want to have a glass of prosecco, instead of champagne...Adami would be a nice one
How shall I put this, on TPAC, they service the cheap bubbles for PDB.
Not champagne like other airlines.
Others have posted that AC does not want to pay the tax if they open the champagne bottles on the ground.

Otherwise, IIRC, you can buy prosecco in mini-bottles in Y on rouge (so said the FA)
Old May 14, 2017, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
looks like diet coke, not coke zero used as the mix
Nope. I saw enough of the pours.

And I can taste the difference.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Nope. I saw enough of the pours.

And I can taste the difference.
You sir are a true connoisseur!
Old May 15, 2017, 3:38 am

On 1899 about three weeks ago coffee and double baileys turned into just coffee. But everything else was fine.

It might have been for the best.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: *G
Inconsistencies

Unless it has changed very recently, I have always found the inconsistencies between domestic and international to be confusing.

You can buy sparkling wine, single malt scotch and other so called premium liquor brands in Y domestically, but they are not officially offered in J (not sure what the latest is for getting in in J).

You get champagne in J internationally (I'd honestly prefer a good sparking to Drappier) but no sparkling in Y. You can get a single malt scotch in the MLL but not in int'l J - which sets AC way apart from most other int'l J services.

And did they always serve Red label in int'l Y - I seem to recall Black in both Y and J (which also made no sense) until my last int'l trip.

Why??
Old May 15, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by fin 645
Unless it has changed very recently, I have always found the inconsistencies between domestic and international to be confusing.

You can buy sparkling wine, single malt scotch and other so called premium liquor brands in Y domestically, but they are not officially offered in J (not sure what the latest is for getting in in J).

You get champagne in J internationally (I'd honestly prefer a good sparking to Drappier) but no sparkling in Y. You can get a single malt scotch in the MLL but not in int'l J - which sets AC way apart from most other int'l J services.

And did they always serve Red label in int'l Y - I seem to recall Black in both Y and J (which also made no sense) until my last int'l trip.

Why??
JW Red was just a temporary substitute as there were supply problems with Black for a very short period. There will be a brief run-off period until the Red is depleted (combination of both are being boarded).
Old May 15, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
JW Red was just a temporary substitute as there were supply problems with Black for a very short period. There will be a brief run-off period until the Red is depleted (combination of both are being boarded).
Invite FT'ers for an out with the Red do. It will be gone by nightfall.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by mapleg
Invite FT'ers for an out with the Red do. It will be gone by nightfall.
Unfortunately I don't have that kind of authority.

Can just push it on-board until it's gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.