Search

Air Canada Booking classes

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 12:03 am
CSW
Original Poster

Programs: AC*S QRPC Gold
Air Canada Booking classes

Is there a document somewhere which indicates which booking classes map to the Air Canada "Latitude", "Flex", "Tango", etc. fares?

for example - Is M domestic a Flex or Latitude?
Old May 13, 2017, 12:57 am

https://www5.aeroplan.com/static/pdf...a_Chart_EN.pdf
Old May 13, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Or, paging cow.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Haha.

That chart is a good reference.

To answer the specific question, M is always the highest Flex fare.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I can never remember myself, my trick is to use the eupgrade preview tool.

Old May 13, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
It takes so many clicks to find the classes (for % accrual) on AC and partners that I keep a tab in my Altitude status tracking spreadsheet with a bunch of screen grabs from all the partners I might use, and update it periodically.

The problem with the above image (post 5) is I don't think it is listed in order of high to low cost (i.e., high flex isn't H>M>U or H<M<U.) That would be useful for setting up Matrix queries, i.e., looking at the lowest fare that earns the required % or uses the fewest eUps.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by CSW
Is there a document somewhere which indicates which booking classes map to the Air Canada "Latitude", "Flex", "Tango", etc. fares?

for example - Is M domestic a Flex or Latitude?
The Air Canada forum sticky thread is never a bad place to check.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:35 am

The chart at that link was last updated 2015.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
With branded fares the most of letter classes mean nothing. One needs to know the entire fare basis code to derive any useful information.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Here's the newest chart

https://www.aeroplan.com/static/pdf/...rt_en_v11b.pdf

This new chart is very frustrating because Flex, Tango, and Economy Basic have all the economy discounted fares mixed in together, which is frustrating because those fare classes accrue at different levels with *A partners. AC's website completely hides the fare class when booking, which means even a Flex ticket could end up being a fare class that earns 25% with a *A partner.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krasnoludek
Here's the newest chart

https://www.aeroplan.com/static/pdf/...rt_en_v11b.pdf

This new chart is very frustrating because Flex, Tango, and Economy Basic have all the economy discounted fares mixed in together, which is frustrating because those fare classes accrue at different levels with *A partners. AC's website completely hides the fare class when booking, which means even a Flex ticket could end up being a fare class that earns 25% with a *A partner.
1. That does not quite look it's currnt. Hasn't Tango been replaced by "standard?"

2. One can see the booking code before purchasing on aircanada.com, albeit not terribly obviously. This has been discussed here somewhere.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold
You're right that it's not the most current, but they've had so many versions lately, that it's hard to find the most recent and the old ones are what show up in Google searches. Searching the Aeroplan site itself, I found this one, which seems to be the most recent (June 2018).

https://www.aeroplan.com/static/pdf/...art_en_v17.pdf

Note: it's version 17, while the previous one I posted was 11b, dated February 2018. That's a lot of revisions for such a short period of time!

As for the second point: You can see the booking code once you've selected all the flights and click "Details" when you are on the itinerary review screen. However, that makes it cumbersome to compare your options. I do not see a way to easily change the fare class or search by fare class, so I can avoid low-earning fare classes for *A partners.

Last edited by krasnoludek; Sep 30, 2018 at 9:39 am Reason: clarify second point
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: NZ*G
Hi there - I am star alliance on Air NZ, currently resident in Canada.
Trying to book airpoints earning fares via the Air Canada website but it seems pretty challenging in economy - all fare types from Basic up seem to map into booking class K for the flights i'm looking at.
Is there a way of seeing in advance which fare class flights map into or even booking a specific class online? (the only valid fare classes for Airpoints earn on AC in domestic economy are Y/B/M/U/H/Q).
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by Balancerider
Hi there - I am star alliance on Air NZ, currently resident in Canada.
Trying to book airpoints earning fares via the Air Canada website but it seems pretty challenging in economy - all fare types from Basic up seem to map into booking class K for the flights i'm looking at.
Is there a way of seeing in advance which fare class flights map into or even booking a specific class online? (the only valid fare classes for Airpoints earn on AC in domestic economy are Y/B/M/U/H/Q).
If your booking on AirCanada.com once you pick all your flights you are taken to a step that summarizes the flights and the amount. If you click "Details" just under the Arrival Time/City for each flight it pops open a window that says "Cabin Type (X)" where X is your Fare Bucket. If your trying to book a specific fare bucket a Travel Agent or the phoning reservations may be quicker/easier as the website will generally pick the lowest bucket you can buy in that branded fare type. You can also say your trying to upgrade which may give you the option to go to a higher bucket even if your not.
RocketG and Balancerider like this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
I am not sure how helpful this will be @Balancerider but some information for you.

As per https://www.airnewzealand.ca/star-alliance-air-canada :
Air Canada's Economy Basic and Economy Standard products are not eligible for accrual on flights within North America, and will receive reduced accrual on other international routes, irrespective of booking class.
So you are going to have to book Flex or higher, but even then I cannot see what your earnings rate will be.
krasnoludek likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.