Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stingy drinks service

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I recall a guy in Y on a 12.5 hour transpacific flight. Looked like he weighed at least 250 lbs. He had a couple of beers in the first 5 hours or so..then he had the audacity to ask for one more and the FA said (in a loud voice)....Are you drunky-drunky?

He said no and as I recall she reluctantly brought him a 3rd beer.

Meanwhile in J you can pretty well drink as much as your liver will allow. Champagne, couple of Caesars, wine, port wine, few scotch and sodas etc. All good.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by mapleg
I recall a guy in Y on a 12.5 hour transpacific flight. Looked like he weighed at least 250 lbs. He had a couple of beers in the first 5 hours or so..then he had the audacity to ask for one more and the FA said (in a loud voice)....Are you drunky-drunky?

He said no and as I recall she reluctantly brought him a 3rd beer.

Meanwhile in J you can pretty well drink as much as your liver will allow. Champagne, couple of Caesars, wine, port wine, few scotch and sodas etc. All good.
That's because as soon as you cross the invisible line, or curtain, into J from Y, you suddenly become sober. When you walk back into Y, you suddenly become drunky drunky again.

Safety first!
Old May 9, 2017, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
A fellow FTer saved one of those rapidiar breakfast banana breads for me to try after he deplaned. Where's the FT barf emoji?
this one?

Old May 9, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
this one?

Saved and will use it for future postings related to AC lounge food and airplane food.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
this one?

Yes, but it is not large enough.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
this one?

LMAO

Perfect. Also saving it. You never know......
Old May 9, 2017, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RangerNS
I don't know if Jon Hamm swings that way, but if he and Anderson ever hooked up, yeah. a Jazz IC silver fox would be the result.
P.S. Anderson Cooper has the white hair look thing and Jon Hamm is not the white hair guy on Mad Men..

Attached Images   
Old May 9, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
My friends flew YVR to HKG with AC and were told when trying to order a 3rd beer that you are only allowed 2 alcoholic drinks per flight. Was this a lie?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
YES.

Absolutely a lie. A bald faced lie. Absolute BS. Another lazy FA.

Seriously if you are flying YVR to HKG you have Cathay Pacific. I would take ANY Cathay Pacific flight over an AC flight. All the time, no exceptions.

It is because of these FA's who just want you to shut up and stop bothering them while they read or gossip or moan about the pax is where AC falls down, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again, again and again..........
Old May 9, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Enigma368
My friends flew YVR to HKG with AC and were told when trying to order a 3rd beer that you are only allowed 2 alcoholic drinks per flight. Was this a lie?
Were they in J? Then clearly not a lie.

f in Y, probably not a straight lie, but an excuse for eh, we are done with service and this is not a bar.

Not particularly nice but given the reduced staffing hence how much pressure staffing operate under, not a big surprise. People should consider what they are paying for,

Are drinks included? How many?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Seriously?
Anyone else experience this on the 15+ hour flight?

Originally Posted by The smallest state
YES.

Absolutely a lie. A bald faced lie. Absolute BS. Another lazy FA.

Seriously if you are flying YVR to HKG you have Cathay Pacific. I would take ANY Cathay Pacific flight over an AC flight. All the time, no exceptions.
And since you mentioned it....

My recent CX 829 YYZ-HKG.

Real champagne PDB.

Also, I never asked for any drink. They were offered all thought the flight. They even have 2 signature drinks per flight, which change. Very creative and one is non-alcoholic too.

Attached Images      
Old May 10, 2017, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
I'll admit that I, too, missed the original poster's point that his or her experience was in economy class.

Having flown in economy class long haul only a few times I would agree with the opinion, however I don't feel it is warranted. I find that crews tend to be stingy in economy class despite the airline (probably due to the real lack of profit for seats in coach).

If one wants to partake in drinks more expensive than water, I would suggest flying premium economy class, business class, or first class.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:48 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Was waiting for the apologists to come out with the "if you want drinks sit in J" gobbledygook. Took longer than I thought. Not asking for a bottle of Dom, just another warm Canadian. I know, I am so entitled for someone sitting on the wrong side of the curtain of shame. Should I bring my own oxygen and lavatory fluid while we are at it?

And the service in PY is just as awful on AC (same huddle in the galley in between throwing meals at people), but I guess the people there are slightly less unwashed than Y scum.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I'll admit that I, too, missed the original poster's point that his or her experience was in economy class.

Having flown in economy class long haul only a few times I would agree with the opinion, however I don't feel it is warranted. I find that crews tend to be stingy in economy class despite the airline (probably due to the real lack of profit for seats in coach).

If one wants to partake in drinks more expensive than water, I would suggest flying premium economy class, business class, or first class.
They are just as stingy in PE as Y on AC.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I have noticed stingy drink service on domestic Southwest Airlines service over the last few years. What used to be attendants popping out of their seat at the 10,000 ft. bell to serve now consists of lazy talking and chatting amongst themselves until the the flight is way under weigh then provide one drink only on their one hour flights. I used to get three drinks on a SAN-LAS flight regularly. Not any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.