Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stingy drinks service

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I'll admit that I, too, missed the original poster's point that his or her experience was in economy class.

Having flown in economy class long haul only a few times I would agree with the opinion, however I don't feel it is warranted. I find that crews tend to be stingy in economy class despite the airline (probably due to the real lack of profit for seats in coach).

If one wants to partake in drinks more expensive than water, I would suggest flying premium economy class, business class, or first class.
And there are those in J who drink 12 gins on a transcon and then somehow find it acceptable to go-to the lav on final approach...

And Then feel AC is being stingy when they get a yellow card in the mail.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by kwflyer
And there are those in J who drink 12 gins on a transcon and then somehow find it acceptable to go-to the lav on final approach...

And Then feel AC is being stingy when they get a yellow card in the mail.
You are talking about one to two random idiots. We are talking about the 300 people shoehorned in the back who just want a 3rd drink on their 9 hour Trans Pacific flight.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left
P.S. Anderson Cooper has the white hair look thing and Jon Hamm is not the white hair guy on Mad Men..

Right you are. I guess we know who pays relatively more attention to daddy types.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Enigma368
My friends flew YVR to HKG with AC and were told when trying to order a 3rd beer that you are only allowed 2 alcoholic drinks per flight. Was this a lie?
wrong .. I have been on AC T-Pacs where i've had 5+ glasses of the Courvoisier.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by HomerJ
...by telling them I'm not driving upon arrival.
Normally it's the Friday return home flight and I want to get a buzz going before I get home.
So when I order round 2 I always add in "just so you know, I will be taking a limo/taxi home".
I started doing that because an FA cut me off once 3 or 4 drinks in and when I asked why she said she didn't want me driving home.
Since I've added that comment as a rule when I order drink #2 , I have yet to have an issue.

WJ is actually worse, they wont serve doubles and it takes forever for them to get back to you for your second drink.
WJ is brutal for this, but the key is to be flying in the ...... peon seats -- ie, the last few rows if you are flying out of calgary. Sometimes I would take the odd WJ flight to toronto because AC was retardedly expensive and being last minute I'd be in last few rows aisle. Sit in the last few rows, ABC side and its quite likely you will have off duty crew flying home from training in the seats behind you. Start a convo and you are covered.

And all else fails, grab a bottle from the liquor store at the airport before leaving, much cheaper anyway.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jazzsax
WJ is brutal for this, but the key is to be flying in the ...... peon seats -- ie, the last few rows if you are flying out of calgary. Sometimes I would take the odd WJ flight to toronto because AC was retardedly expensive and being last minute I'd be in last few rows aisle. Sit in the last few rows, ABC side and its quite likely you will have off duty crew flying home from training in the seats behind you. Start a convo and you are covered.

And all else fails, grab a bottle from the liquor store at the airport before leaving, much cheaper anyway.
What's WJ?
Old May 10, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What's WJ?
Technically it's Air Labrador 😂
Old May 10, 2017, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Right you are. I guess we know who pays relatively more attention to daddy types.
I work in a related industry. No daddies are involved.

Disclosure: I dislike Anderson (and CNN) with great intensity, John Slattery doesn't get a wink of my attention, Jon Hamm was certainly charming as Don Draper, but he's better in person. Now talk to me about Henry Cavill (Tudors), then you'll have my attention.

I'll bet all of them would never receive stingy drink service from AC. They might, in fact, receive a generous glass along with some fawning.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by The smallest state
You are talking about one to two random idiots.
More like multiple personality disorders.

Originally Posted by The smallest state
are talking about the 300 people shoehorned in the back who just want a 3rd drink on their 9 hour Trans Pacific flight.
Clearly you're in the wrong thread, the OP's flight was TATL. I agree with you though, that Y service needs to be improved, even if its at the expense of H class flying AC apologists.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by mapleg
They are just as stingy in PE as Y on AC.
+1 so true.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Only time I ever flew AC PY they were pretty good(DXB). Maybe it was because the Y experience was so bad it made PY seem amazing lol!
Old May 10, 2017, 12:46 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Only time I ever flew AC PY they were pretty good(DXB). Maybe it was because the Y experience was so bad it made PY seem amazing lol!
The first time I flew AC PY was on AC 003 (the old CP route for us old travellers) on a 787 just after they introduced it to this route.

There was me in PY. Just me. Only me. I guess the FAs took pity on me. I ended getting the PY meal, but pours and pours from the J wine trolley. They must have been bored.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
The first time I flew AC PY was on AC 003 (the old CP route for us old travellers) on a 787 just after they introduced it to this route.

There was me in PY. Just me. Only me. I guess the FAs took pity on me. I ended getting the PY meal, but pours and pours from the J wine trolley. They must have been bored.
What, no self-upgraders from Y to O, and the staff did nothing about it?
Old May 10, 2017, 12:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
What, no self-upgraders from Y to O, and the staff did nothing about it?
To no doubt great amusement, I tried every seat (well, all the ones left of centre) in my row. Like Goldilocks I was seeing which ones were just right and didn't have the infernal entertainment box impinging on my precious leg room.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
To no doubt great amusement, I tried every seat (well, all the ones left of centre) in my row. Like Goldilocks I was seeing which ones were just right and didn't have the infernal entertainment box impinging on my precious leg room.
HOW DARE YOU!

you should be happy just to have an O seat and you dare try each have one out? Be happy you got from A to B!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.