Wiki Posts
Search

First AC flight

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 3MMiler
First AC flight

We are traveling LAX-YVR-LAX in Business and was wondering it AC has a specific order for meal selection or if you can pick your meal online? Thought I'd ask and apologize if it's somewhere on the board as I did try to look. Thanks
Old May 2, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Harveynics
We are traveling LAX-YVR-LAX in Business and was wondering it AC has a specific order for meal selection or if you can pick your meal online? Thought I'd ask and apologize if it's somewhere on the board as I did try to look. Thanks
SE get first pick sometimes, other times not. They nornally go A first (left side) and front to back but not always.

No online options possible.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
They should ask the SEs first and then they go front to back or back to front. Sometimes they will prioritize other FFs, but not always.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
I admire that you've racked up 3 million miles and this is your first AC flight. Hope it's a good one, and meets your expectations. Enjoy our fine city!
Old May 3, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
You can order a special meal in advance of travel but there is no specific meal like SQ's 'Book the Cook', rather, it is more general of what you can/cannot eat.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
AC has a specific order for meal selection or if you can pick your meal online?
Lol, no, AC does not have meals available online, you cant even pick a seat online if you didnt book directly, never mind a specific meal.

If in Y, you dont get even a snack/drink even if you spent $20k with them.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu

OP travelling in Business.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Following that tangent, even if they can't let you BtC like SQ, what I've always wished is that they would indicate the menu ahead of time on Manage My Bookings. Even read-only, it would be useful. They don't even need to input the menu in detail. They have so few menus in the rotation at any given time, so they could list them ABCD, and then say your flight gets menu C.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I dont know why people are referencing SQ (is it because thats what AC is supposedly striving to be )

We're talking about AA.... AA people.... AC cant even keep up with AA ....

Since 2014
Great to see what youre gonna get

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...master-21.html
Old May 3, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Following that tangent, even if they can't let you BtC like SQ, what I've always wished is that they would indicate the menu ahead of time on Manage My Bookings. Even read-only, it would be useful. They don't even need to input the menu in detail. They have so few menus in the rotation at any given time, so they could list them ABCD, and then say your flight gets menu C.
We have asked for that repeatedly - especially for the Special Meals. I do not understand why it is so difficult to list the description of the meal and the exact contents. I see it on my BR, CX and SQ meal options.

BR, for eg., lets you see the flight menu included in the pre-order menu which has additional options.

Worse is that so many other airlines allow you to just simply pre-order and once again, I did all of my recent CX flights right from Manage Bookings.

Bonus: it prompts you if you want the same meals for all flights on your itinerary.

Not on AC. None of this is available.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Maybe some one can post the menus for this route to help the OP.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 24left
We have asked for that repeatedly - especially for the Special Meals. I do not understand why it is so difficult to list the description of the meal and the exact contents. I see it on my BR, CX and SQ meal options.

BR, for eg., lets you see the flight menu included in the pre-order menu which has additional options.

Worse is that so many other airlines allow you to just simply pre-order and once again, I did all of my recent CX flights right from Manage Bookings.

Bonus: it prompts you if you want the same meals for all flights on your itinerary.

Not on AC. None of this is available.
There's typically no surprise. For example, if flying west bound from say HI on connecting flights it's omelette, omelette, omelette...
Old May 3, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by vernonc
Maybe some one can post the menus for this route to help the OP.
The other thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l-service.html
has menus, but what we don't know is the rotation. Sometimes they switch out, and other times they keep the same items but swap the east/west or north/south allocation for example. (I once boarded to find the menu in the pocket promising the BBQ chicken, which I can tolerate, but that was the incoming, and my flight was getting something with allergens in both options.)
I am not asking them to make me something special, just tell me what they have so I know, should I pack a sandwich?
Old May 3, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Lol, no, AC does not have meals available online, you cant even pick a seat online if you didnt book directly, never mind a specific meal.

Touché
Old May 3, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bartolo
There's typically no surprise. For example, if flying west bound from say HI on connecting flights it's omelette, omelette, omelette...
It's called Ozone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.