Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alc
I wonder for those EYW FTers that are SE at the moment, would sending an email to the customer relation will help speed the fix for this Flex G and others badges no showing up issue. Why SE is because SE usually get respond within 48 business hours (sooner in more cases) while all the others will take weeks.

I know if my own Wings not resolved when I become SE end of next week, I will definitely do that as the lack of respond, IMO, is unacceptable.
Hi folks. I have confirmed with A.C. They are aware of and working on these issues.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:13 pm
alc

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Hi folks. I have confirmed with A.C. They are aware of and working on these issues.
Thanks for reaching out to get the confirmation.

--- added ----

Looking another update on the Wings this afternoon.

--- added no 2 ---

Look like maybe I misunderstood how "rest-up" badge work. My first Biz Trip posted today, it is that YTZ-YUL-ORD round-trip where YUL-ORD and back is in P fare. I thought I will be getting qty x 2 of the "rest-up" badge, but got qty x 4. Re-reading the desc, it does say everything you take-off or land. So, is that mean every Biz flight does automatically qty x 2 "rest-up" badge?

Last edited by alc; Oct 18, 2017 at 4:26 pm
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks for reaching out to get the confirmation.

--- added ----

Looking another update on the Wings this afternoon.

--- added no 2 ---

Look like maybe I misunderstood how "rest-up" badge work. My first Biz Trip posted today, it is that YTZ-YUL-ORD round-trip where YUL-ORD and back is in P fare. I thought I will be getting qty x 2 of the "rest-up" badge, but got qty x 4. Re-reading the desc, it does say everything you take-off or land. So, is that mean every Biz flight does automatically qty x 2 "rest-up" badge?
Takeoff or landing associated with each destination badges. Since both YUL and ORD earn destination badges, you get two rest up badges for each J flight. If you had flown YYZ-ORD in J, you only get one, because YYZ is a standard airport.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:51 pm
alc

Originally Posted by YYT82
Takeoff or landing associated with each destination badges. Since both YUL and ORD earn destination badges, you get two rest up badges for each J flight. If you had flown YYZ-ORD in J, you only get one, because YYZ is a standard airport.
Thanks, I did misunderstood this badge completely. I didn't even catch the "destination" or the "super destination" badges part at all. I guess I consider very lucky to pick YUL-ORD as my only P fare ticket then. So, my Wings count should go up by 4000 Wings with this news (to me) as I do have 8 (of 9) of these YTZ-YUL-ORD in J.
traacs likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks, I did misunderstood this badge completely. I didn't even catch the "destination" or the "super destination" badges part at all. I guess I consider very lucky to pick YUL-ORD as my only P fare ticket then. So, my Wings count should go up by 4000 Wings with this news (to me) as I do have 8 (of 9) of these YTZ-YUL-ORD in J.
You booked 8 of those RT in J? You must have spent a pretty penny on EYW!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
ALC , found the ultimate bargain YTZ to YUL to ORD at $346.00 in J

good job
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by traacs

good job
There was one day for a few hours where the fares were $320 one way in J. ^
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:53 pm
alc

Originally Posted by traacs

good job
Yes, it was very cheap (relatively speaking) with the 15% AMEX off code, my tickets average price is only ~$550 rt. If we drop it down to G Fare, it was only ~$50 to $60 cheaper.. So, I went for J as I thought I can get into the Polaris lounge + I get more Wings and hence, 1 less day or travel.

A single round trip of YTZ-YUL-ORD get me 6800 Wings now (with the correction now)

YTZ-YUL (100+200) + YUL-ORD (200+400) + P class (250+250) + Digital Nomad (YUL+ORD -- 2000) = 3400 Wings x 2 for round trip = 6800 Wings

That is where my mistake is, I should have just stick to this trip for 19 same day trip to get my SE status (I started at 19 AQS) and I will be better off with the Paries and East Coast Trips that I would need to overnight and stuff.

--- added ----

There was one day for a few hours where the fares were $320 one way in J. ^
It was more than a few hours, as I found this on day 2 of the booking period and my last ticket was booked on Sept 20. The price did went up a bit, mainly due to FX I think as they were only a few dollars only.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Yes, it was very cheap (relatively speaking) with the 15% AMEX off code, my tickets average price is only ~$550 rt. If we drop it down to G Fare, it was only ~$50 to $60 cheaper.. So, I went for J as I thought I can get into the Polaris lounge + I get more Wings and hence, 1 less day or travel.

A single round trip of YTZ-YUL-ORD get me 6800 Wings now (with the correction now)

YTZ-YUL (100+200) + YUL-ORD (200+400) + P class (250+250) + Digital Nomad (YUL+ORD -- 2000) = 3400 Wings x 2 for round trip = 6800 Wings

That is where my mistake is, I should have just stick to this trip for 19 same day trip to get my SE status (I started at 19 AQS) and I will be better off with the Paries and East Coast Trips that I would need to overnight and stuff.

--- added ----

It was more than a few hours, as I found this on day 2 of the booking period and my last ticket was booked on Sept 20. The price did went up a bit, mainly due to FX I think as they were only a few dollars only.

More wings if you booked to get the accelerator badges
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
There was a sale to US destinations that saw high Flex fares and J fares at very low prices. The first wave of sale ended on September 24. Then from September 26, there was another wave of sale that ended on October 1. The prices I saw could easily put one's cpm way below 10.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:18 pm
alc

More wings if you booked to get the accelerator badges
i know, but I can't really fly much in Nov (projects at work already line-up) and I want the Early Recognition and hence need to finish my flying by late Oct. So, that is what delay my booking and also the reason why I end up with those other flights that it saved me 2-3 days of flying but it did cost me more too while I thought I will get more Wings when it was only because I made that error in my Excel formula... and now end up will be less due this news (again to me) on how Rest-up badge is actually works
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:28 pm
alc

another update is happening....

I like my total Airport visit numbers.. as that is the number for all my activities up to last Friday that including all the Flex G which is the same as my Altitude account activities up to last night.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
EYW is updating
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by alc

I like my total Airport visit numbers.. as that is the number for all my activities up to last Friday that including all the Flex G which is the same as my Altitude account activities up to last night.
Yep, my airport count includes G (Flex) fares up to Oct-13 (that was the day of my last flight)
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:11 pm
alc

Originally Posted by alc

my update completed, and the total Wings match what I have now with all Flex G.

The badge that I am missing now is only the "Level Up" where since I started at P25, I should get 250 per status that I went up.

And also any WiFi badge I end up getting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.