Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Is it just me, or does it only list up to Window 8 on the contact page where you can select your operating system.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by alc
my wings count got updated today. It is up to Oct 8th now. But I do have a couple Flex G on Oct 9. The rest of them are all M and P fare.

I do wonder how many Flex G GRANDBEND, GLOBETROTTER_JR, and SUPREMEKAI are missing, especially GRANDBEND and it seems the wings haven't changed much for a while.
I think I noticed that you were either 3rd or 4th on the leaderboard.

Thats huge!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Is there a way to follow which flights have been credited to EYW, and which haven't? I see the "timeline" at the bottom of the profile page but really can't tell from that which days show flights and which don't...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
The following is a response from the EYW team for my request for credit in regards to missing flights from September 14 to 16. I did give them the ticket numbers . A strange request. Do you think this is a booking class "G" problem

Our apologies for the delay, but we seem to require a bit more information. If you could please send us a copy of your booking confirmation emails (the email that you receive after making a booking - note that this is not the same as just your booking reference code) so that we can investigate further and credit your badges accordingly.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:00 pm
alc

Originally Posted by traacs
The following is a response from the EYW team for my request for credit in regards to missing flights from September 14 to 16. I did give them the ticket numbers . A strange request. Do you think this is a booking class "G" problem

Our apologies for the delay, but we seem to require a bit more information. If you could please send us a copy of your booking confirmation emails (the email that you receive after making a booking - note that this is not the same as just your booking reference code) so that we can investigate further and credit your badges accordingly.
They just cut and paste this (or maybe even a robo-reply) as that is the exact same paragraph I received from them. Once you reply, it will be dead salient for days. Ask for follow-up and you "might" get a respond. Out of all my follow-up emails (4+) only been getting 1 respond so far.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by alc
They just cut and paste this (or maybe even a robo-reply) as that is the exact same paragraph I received from them. Once you reply, it will be dead salient for days. Ask for follow-up and you "might" get a respond. Out of all my follow-up emails (4+) only been getting 1 respond so far.
Yeah I got the same reply to a Twitter DM several days after sending a query. I asked them where I should email a copy of my email confirmation - and then I copy-pasted said email in DM. 4 days later and I still haven't heard back.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yeah I got the same reply to a Twitter DM several days after sending a query. I asked them where I should email a copy of my email confirmation - and then I copy-pasted said email in DM. 4 days later and I still haven't heard back.
I did that 5 weeks ago and still have not heard back.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I did that 5 weeks ago and still have not heard back.
Yup. Completely silent. I finally resent everything (three missed flights - all in Flex G, 4 Wifi & an Avis rental) by email yesterday. Not even an acknowledgement this time.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:35 am
alc

I wonder for those EYW FTers that are SE at the moment, would sending an email to the customer relation will help speed the fix for this Flex G and others badges no showing up issue. Why SE is because SE usually get respond within 48 business hours (sooner in more cases) while all the others will take weeks.

I know if my own Wings not resolved when I become SE end of next week, I will definitely do that as the lack of respond, IMO, is unacceptable.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I suspect enough people have reported this that they're working on it.

They're not going to go manually credit anyone if the issue is as widespread as "no G class flights are posting".
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
I have to postpone a booking I did just before Oct 11 because of a funeral. If I just change the dates but keep the same original flights and PNR will these flights will still be considered valid for EYW? or they will be considered new and do not count anymore?
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by 767300ER
I have to postpone a booking I did just before Oct 11 because of a funeral. If I just change the dates but keep the same original flights and PNR will these flights will still be considered valid for EYW? or they will be considered new and do not count anymore?
Thanks in advance
If the PNR remains the same and the new flight dates still fall within EYW travel window, your flights will still be eligible.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 767300ER
Thanks in advance
By their (they're or there) definition, as long as the booking reference remains the same, it is the same flight.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
By their (they're or there) definition, as long as the booking reference remains the same, it is the same flight.
Not quite, the new flights must also take place on or before December 11th to count. Last year when I realized there was no chance for me at top ten, I postponed a bunch of PNRs to fly after the contest window. They didn't count.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
That is good news, that PNR unlocked 6 badges...
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.