Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by alc
well, 500K AP + what all the AQM + other miles related for me to do this year EYW, I will get be getting ~710K AP, that is 9.467 tickets of YYZ-HKG. using $1,500 per ticket, that is $14,200.

beside, I am also adding my MM total and that is for retirement to ensure I will get *G (which I think AC will reduce the benefit of E50K over time, but you would think 1MM will always get *G for lounge + luggage)

---- Additional answer ----

Forgot to answer your 1st question -> Do you know how much you spent on flights out of pocket to get SE?

$0. I am one of those OPM flyer if it isn't EYW to allow me to break even (or better) on the miles I am getting back, I will not do it... unless I am very very close, like my 1st time SE where I did the Segment Run like you did over the past weekend, my was LAS from BUF. But as mentioned to you, that is when I was super excited to be a SE for the very first time. So, my brain might not making the correct decision back then too

• So if you've spent less than $14,200 you're coming out ahead in your eyes?

• Surely your flights this round costed money? Regardless if you "make your money back" via points/cost for flights in the future? or maybe I just don't know what OPM means.

• I love the idea of getting your MM for your retirement, thats freaking awesome!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:53 pm
alc

Originally Posted by yosemite1
• So if you've spent less than $14,200 you're coming out ahead in your eyes?

• Surely your flights this round costed money? Regardless if you "make your money back" via points/cost for flights in the future? or maybe I just don't know what OPM means.

• I love the idea of getting your MM for your retirement, thats freaking awesome!
- yes and I do spend less than that

- OPM -> Other People Money. i.e. I don't pay for my flights for work. My customer/employer does, or another way to look at it, I am not self-employ or being my own boss
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by alc
- yes and I do spend less than that

- OPM -> Other People Money. i.e. I don't pay for my flights for work. My customer/employer does, or another way to look at it, I am not self-employ or being my own boss
Ah I'm 90% OPM... only the couple vacations a year are out of my pocket.

Are you OPM-ing for EYW? Or are you just evaluating that calculation on cost spent vs ROI and deeming you have spent $0?

Thanks for answering my Q's. This is super interesting
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:00 pm
alc

Originally Posted by yosemite1
Ah I'm 90% OPM... only the couple vacations a year are out of my pocket.

Are you OPM-ing for EYW? Or are you just evaluating that calculation on cost spent vs ROI and deeming you have spent $0?

Thanks for answering my Q's. This is super interesting
I do have 1 work trip that will count toward my EYW, otherwise, all my own.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:38 pm
alc

my wings count got updated today. It is up to Oct 8th now. But I do have a couple Flex G on Oct 9. The rest of them are all M and P fare.

I do wonder how many Flex G GRANDBEND, GLOBETROTTER_JR, and SUPREMEKAI are missing, especially GRANDBEND and it seems the wings haven't changed much for a while.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alc
my wings count got updated today. It is up to Oct 8th now. But I do have a couple Flex G on Oct 9. The rest of them are all M and P fare.

I do wonder how many Flex G GRANDBEND, GLOBETROTTER_JR, and SUPREMEKAI are missing, especially GRANDBEND and it seems the wings haven't changed much for a while.
I have been travelling in Africa for almost 3 weeks now that’s why my wings haven’t changed much. And so far I have no missing flex G. I will resume my EYW runs on the October 23rd and hopefully they will fix the flex G issue by then.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by alc

Mine updated today. Other than my one missing WiFi flight, it's all there. Currently in 25th place with 13,250 wings, but I will fade fast as I have no other qualifying bookings.

Curious that mystery badge #4 has not been unveiled.
--
13F
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:28 pm

Has anyone actual received an acknowledgement from AC that there is a Flex G issue?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:34 pm

Missing Badges

Looks like we are all missing:
- Wifi Badges
- Wild Card Badges (gift cards)
- Flex G

if you all are writing to a AC about one of those might be a good idea to start mentioning the others....
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: status-free
I wrote EYW about my missing flex G flights, got a very fast response asking me to send the relevant booking emails. We'll see how long it takes to resolve.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
I'm looking on some people's profiles and seeing multiple "Double dare" badges and when you click on it it says Test Badge.

For example, check out this page: https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/...le/jean-michel

What's going on?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I am still missing 4 wifi badges.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by philelite
I'm looking on some people's profiles and seeing multiple "Double dare" badges and when you click on it it says Test Badge.

For example, check out this page: https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/...le/jean-michel

What's going on?
Was there a Double Dare Badge in past EYW? I vaguely recall something like that...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by philelite

What's going on?
That person clearly earned 4 double dare badges. for a challenge that AC forgot to tell us about before Oct11. Really puts the 'mystery' in mystery badge.

one thing's for sure. AC's third party contractor really made a killing if they charged AC more than say 20% of last year's program/web admin fee. So much of the site is just recycled content with no attempt to hide it or remove '2016' from some titles and pages....
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by expert7700
That person clearly earned 4 double dare badges. for a challenge that AC forgot to tell us about before Oct11. Really puts the 'mystery' in mystery badge.

one thing's for sure. AC's third party contractor really made a killing if they charged AC more than say 20% of last year's program/web admin fee. So much of the site is just recycled content with no attempt to hide it or remove '2016' from some titles and pages....
Why re-invent the wheel when laziness can already net you money in the bank?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.