Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:19 am
alc

Originally Posted by yosemite1
im a little late to this, but the FT AQM Calculator has a calculator for distance traveled if that’s what you were looking for?
AQM will roundup to 250 min so, that will not help me. And since these flights already posted, I have the AqM already
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by alc
great, this make 2 of us now. Hopefully others can confirm also... then at least it is a system wide thing, which then they will fix, rather than an individual thing that will be harder to convince them to fix
I can already foresee in V7, in an attempt to avoid the Branded fare controversy, that either all revenue fares are eligible, or only Latitude/Premium Economy/Business fares count. The latter seems more likely, as the contest is essentially "Pay to Win" now.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by alc
I play with my calculation again and it turns out if I exclude all my FLEX G fare domestic flights, I also get the exact same Wings counts as shown on my profile now.

Can someone please let me know if you have a domestic FLEX G fare flights credited on your EYW profile or not? Thanks.
You may want to go to https://www.bookonline.saudiairlines.com
Select manage my booking, put in your e-ticket number
Check to make sure the fare basis for all your previous flights end with FL
Just to be sure you have Flex G and not Tango G!

Edit: I just check and all my previous booking have been in H/V/W/Y fare classes, so I haven't experienced any missing flights yet! But I have flights booked today in G.

Last edited by philelite; Oct 13, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by philelite
Select manage my booking, but in your e-ticket number
My flights in Flex G all have -FL in their fare basis code, so it's not a fare basis code problem. Besides, they all posted to Altitude at 100% miles flown. Please explain to me how any Tango fare would accumulate at that rate?

Bottom line: I believe the EYW IT team f---ed up, and they've also been screwed over by AC's Branded fare implementation. The consequences are that many people who would have played decided to abandon EYW altogether.

Last edited by YYT82; Oct 13, 2017 at 8:39 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:46 am
alc

Originally Posted by YYT82
I can already foresee in V7, in an attempt to avoid the Branded fare controversy, that either all revenue fares are eligible, or only Latitude/Premium Economy/Business fares count. The latter seems more likely, as the contest is essentially "Pay to Win" now.
Latitude + PY + J will not be good for AC as everyone going to only "scheduled" to fly the last couple of weeks, since Latitude ticket are refundable.

Originally Posted by philelite
Select manage my booking, put in your e-ticket number

Edit: I just check and all my previous booking have been in H/V/W/Y fare classes, so I haven't experienced any missing flights yet! But I have flights booked today in G.
As per YYT82 respond, they are Flex G as they show as Flex on BP, on Altitude page and also earn 100 AQM.

Now, let's hope AC team(s) indeed monitor this thread so they can start fixing the problem for Flex G. Btw, they reply to my Sept 18 flights issue and I reply before this morning of my Flex G discovery. Will wait for their respond and let them know about this potential issue.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YYT82
Gift cards made it "pay to win".

As long as "flying" still matters, it's not pay to win.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Gift cards made it "pay to win".

As long as "flying" still matters, it's not pay to win.
Capped at 10k in gift card purchases (20k wings) per day. No one can win top spot on gift card purchases alone, although top 30 is certainly possible.

SG
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Capped at 10k in gift card purchases (20k wings) per day. No one can win top spot on gift card purchases alone, although top 30 is certainly possible.

SG
You don't think 20k wings per day is enough to win?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: SE100K, Hilton Gold, National Car Emerald
Wild card

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You don't think 20k wings per day is enough to win?

So am I the only one that reads this as:
"...Earn 1,000 Wings for every $500 spent on an Air Canada gift card, or for every $500 spent on multiple Air Canada gift cards in a single transaction..."
in other words a single transaction, once?
new here but a 6 Year SE100K
sorry to burst anyone's bubble.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:22 pm
alc

Originally Posted by SE100K Sinner
So am I the only one that reads this as:
"...Earn 1,000 Wings for every $500 spent on an Air Canada gift card, or for every $500 spent on multiple Air Canada gift cards in a single transaction..."
in other words a single transaction, once?
new here but a 6 Year SE100K
sorry to burst anyone's bubble.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Yes, this badge is to earn 1000 Wings for every $500 AC gift card(s) purchase transaction. You can buy 2 x $250 AC gift cards in a single transaction or 1 x $500 AC Gift Card. But you will not get your Wings if you buy 2 x $250 in 2 separate tranactions.

As shown at the last sentence of this badge desc --> "This badge can be earned multiple times."

Personally, I do think if AC just want more revenue, cap the number Wings you can get from purchasing gift cards at a reasonable number. This way, anyone that are planning to do EYW runs will most likely purchase some. But the fact it is unlimited, that is what stop me from buying any of them.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: SE100K, Hilton Gold, National Car Emerald
Originally Posted by alc
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Yes, this badge is to earn 1000 Wings for every $500 AC gift card(s) purchase transaction. You can buy 2 x $250 AC gift cards in a single transaction or 1 x $500 AC Gift Card. But you will not get your Wings if you buy 2 x $250 in 2 separate tranactions.

As shown at the last sentence of this badge desc --> "This badge can be earned multiple times."

Personally, I do think if AC just want more revenue, cap the number Wings you can get from purchasing gift cards at a reasonable number. This way, anyone that are planning to do EYW runs will most likely purchase some. But the fact it is unlimited, that is what stop me from buying any of them.
Lol! I guess I was looking at it with a jaded eye. I figure I'll be in the mid 40k range without trying, just my regular business travel. Perhaps I'll get some upgrades and give 50k status to my son. Thanks for the welcome.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:41 pm
alc

Originally Posted by SE100K Sinner
Lol! I guess I was looking at it with a jaded eye. I figure I'll be in the mid 40k range without trying, just my regular business travel. Perhaps I'll get some upgrades and give 50k status to my son. Thanks for the welcome.
Just to make sure, you do know the purchase period is over, right? So, don't and start buying a bunch of gift cards now.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by alc
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I think ( my Opinion) the reason that Air Canada left EYW till this late in the year was to bolster up the last quarter year earnings, Selling Gift Cards that may not get used till next year also helps the bottom line.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by traacs
I think ( my Opinion) the reason that Air Canada left EYW till this late in the year was to bolster up the last quarter year earnings, Selling Gift Cards that may not get used till next year also helps the bottom line.
They can't clean it off liability until it is redeemed though
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
They can't clean it off liability until it is redeemed though
True, but it is money in the bank, it has to be spent with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.