Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by alc
about to board my last flight of the day and this weekend is the first week I have E35K back. Having lounge access (to eat and clean-up myself) make a big different.

Hopefully they will update/fix the leaderboard correctly this week.
If you are planning on eat in the MLLs I hope you are based further West than me
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Canuckoverseas
Congratulations on achieving status. It does indeed make a difference to have lounge access. Quick question to anyone: how much time does it take to have Wings posted? I had a busy week last week, starting on 24/09 (LHR-YVR; YVR-YYJ; YYJ-YYC; YYC-YQR; YQR-YWG; YWG-YUL; YUL-LHR). My Altitude account is reflecting the first two flights but nothing yet in Earns my wings. I did book that trip on 09.11 so within qualifying period. Am I just being impatient?
Yes.

They run batch jobs every few days. As far as I know, Sep 23 flights are there, but not Sep 24.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:02 pm
alc

Got updated today and it is now up to last Sunday flights (Sept 24) but I am still missing my flights from the Monday before (Sep 18)

Sent email late last week and got no respond yet. Anyone here had use the "contact us" this year so far? If so, do you remember how many days before they respond to you?

The EYW twitter account does not let me send DM, state this account need to follow me first. I don't do twitter, only open the account thinking I can DM them. Did I make a mistake somewhere?

Last edited by alc; Oct 2, 2017 at 5:45 pm Reason: correction
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You can tweet at them (i.e., start a tweet with their username e.g., @aircanada or whatever the EYW username is), and ask them to follow so that you can DM. AC social media team is pretty fast to follow back for that purpose.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:00 pm

I'm not sure the regular ones can help with EYW though. But yeah, just tell them you have an issue, and they'll follow you.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:44 pm
alc

i tried the regular AC one already, just told me to wait
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I'm waiting on 9 WiFi badges from travel before Sept 23rd for flights that already were credited for EYW. Clearly they invented a new badge without realizing it's probably more trouble than it's worth.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I'm waiting on 9 WiFi badges from travel before Sept 23rd for flights that already were credited for EYW. Clearly they invented a new badge without realizing it's probably more trouble than it's worth.
Yeah, I'm expecting 4 wifi badges too.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:46 pm
alc

look like the 2 new mystery badges will not be what we are looking for, unless they are adding 5th / 6th mystery badges.

at least one of the mystery badge will be releasing Oct 6 and will last until Oct 11.

The other one, not sure when it will release and you can only earn it once.

too bad that Nov / Dec travel just didn't work out for me and hence I didn't book any during the Accelerator Badges.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, I'm expecting 4 wifi badges too.
Will you continue the tradition of live blog like you did with V3?

Or perhaps a Moment made with Tweets?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Will you continue the tradition of live blog like you did with V3?

Or perhaps a Moment made with Tweets?
Yeah. I didn't for SFO-YVR-YEG-YYC-YEG-YVR-SFO because it wasn't a true EYW run. But I'll make an eyw6.canadiancow.com before too long
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:50 pm
alc

i think one of the biggest pain for EYW is waiting for the update on your Wings

I found myself checking it all the time, even though I know it does not update at that time of the day.

Then when it finally update, you get upset as the Wings is not correct as it doesn't show up with everything you expected to.

BTW, still no respond from them on my missing Sept 18 activities
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by alc
i think one of the biggest pain for EYW is waiting for the update on your Wings

I found myself checking it all the time, even though I know it does not update at that time of the day.

Then when it finally update, you get upset as the Wings is not correct as it doesn't show up with everything you expected to.

BTW, still no respond from them on my missing Sept 18 activities
I sent them a message yesterday from the contact form with regards to my missing wifi badge and they answered me within 4 hours asking for a receipt from GoGo and said that once they had that they would credit my missing wings. I'm assuming once the next update to the board goes through it will be there. Was actually surprised how quickly they got back to me but maybe this is the outlier considering their track record
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:28 pm
alc

Originally Posted by ScGhost0
I sent them a message yesterday from the contact form with regards to my missing wifi badge and they answered me within 4 hours asking for a receipt from GoGo and said that once they had that they would credit my missing wings. I'm assuming once the next update to the board goes through it will be there. Was actually surprised how quickly they got back to me but maybe this is the outlier considering their track record
Thanks for the respond. I guess my contact form didnt' went thru somehow, will contact them again. Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:31 pm

If every wifi badge is going to require manual crediting, it seems like quite a stupid badge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.