Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Ok. Maybe I’m blind but is there somewhere we can see which flights have posted? I know I have flights from 9/18 that haven’t posted and later ones that have but I can only tell because of the badges. I thought in previous years there was more detail available on our profile page.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:11 am
alc

Originally Posted by martyYOW
Ok. Maybe I’m blind but is there somewhere we can see which flights have posted? I know I have flights from 9/18 that haven’t posted and later ones that have but I can only tell because of the badges. I thought in previous years there was more detail available on our profile page.
I don't recall they ever show you all the airports you visit.

I am having problem with flight on Sept 18. My activities from last Sunday (Sept 24) might post today or next Monday, which will make it harder to tell which flight posts and which hasn't yet.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by martyYOW

No only what is shown on the Leaderboard and compare it to the altutude site.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: status-free
Some good news for people doing prairie runs on the cheap: the Thunder Bay airport is now open all night, and in Grande Prairie you can stay on the plane for the turnaround.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Has anyone done any quick turn-arounds to the states? Those wing tip badges from YVR-SEA (and I'm assuming vice versa) are looking enticing but I would like to turn around as soon as legally possible. Do CBP find this thing amusing or am I asking for trouble flying in on one flight, out on another, with only a carry on containing an iPad and a sweater?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
In v1, I did some YYJ-YVR-SEA-YVR-YYJ-YVR-SEA-YVR-YYJ stuff in one day. It was fine.
ScGhost0 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
Has anyone done any quick turn-arounds to the states? Those wing tip badges from YVR-SEA (and I'm assuming vice versa) are looking enticing but I would like to turn around as soon as legally possible. Do CBP find this thing amusing or am I asking for trouble flying in on one flight, out on another, with only a carry on containing an iPad and a sweater?
Print out the rules for Earn Your wings so that you can show immigration what you are doing.
ScGhost0 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by traacs
Print out the rules for Earn Your wings so that you can show immigration what you are doing.
Good point ^
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by traacs
Definitely good advice. I’ve been sent to secondary often when doing quick MRs to the US. Somethimes the CPB agents are knowledgeable and understand the basic principle of mileage running, but more often than not they are clueless and I need to explain the ABC of Aeroplan Miles, status, etc.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:57 pm

I am still waiting for flights from Sept 24th to show, which includes both a second Wi-fi badge, and a second YYJ badge. Should be at 2250 at the moment and not 1500.

What I'm wondering is, if the contest is over on Dec 11th, do you think we would have a good idea by December 31st of the outcome for say 31-50? Because that would actually change what I choose as my select E75K privileges. Might actually give someone E35K if I have an extra 50 or so upgrade credits from being in the 31-50 range.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They don't run leaderboard updates daily.

I think by end of December, you'd probably know. It would only matter in the 10/11, 30/31, and 50/51 ranks.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
They don't run leaderboard updates daily.

I think by end of December, you'd probably know. It would only matter in the 10/11, 30/31, and 50/51 ranks.
I know they don't do them daily, but they've definitely done at least one since the flights according to those on this thread.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
I know they don't do them daily, but they've definitely done at least one since the flights according to those on this thread.
At least one - but for me at least (and I'm sure I'm not alone), it's a bit of a mess. I have later flights posted. Earlier ones are missing. (Yes, all booked during the contest period - in fact the earlier flights were booked after the later flights that posted).
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:28 pm
alc

about to board my last flight of the day and this weekend is the first week I have E35K back. Having lounge access (to eat and clean-up myself) make a big different.

Hopefully they will update/fix the leaderboard correctly this week.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: SE (1mln+), BA Bronze, Starwood Gold, Marriott Rewards, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by alc
about to board my last flight of the day and this weekend is the first week I have E35K back. Having lounge access (to eat and clean-up myself) make a big different.

Hopefully they will update/fix the leaderboard correctly this week.
Congratulations on achieving status. It does indeed make a difference to have lounge access. Quick question to anyone: how much time does it take to have Wings posted? I had a busy week last week, starting on 24/09 (LHR-YVR; YVR-YYJ; YYJ-YYC; YYC-YQR; YQR-YWG; YWG-YUL; YUL-LHR). My Altitude account is reflecting the first two flights but nothing yet in Earns my wings. I did book that trip on 09.11 so within qualifying period. Am I just being impatient?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.