Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:25 pm
alc

Mystery Badge #1 & #2

Accelerator Badge

The Accelerator Badge is back! Earn 50 percent more Wings for all takeoffs and landings at all Air Canada Destination airports for new bookings made between September 25 and October 2, 2017, 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between November 1 and December 11, 2017. This badge only appears once in your profile page, but there is no limit to the amount of times you can earn 50 percent more Wings, as long as you fulfill the booking and travel criteria for this challenge! Cabin badges and all other badges are excluded from this offer. See complete terms and conditions.

Accelerator Plus Badge

A challenge with a twist! Book and travel in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge or Business Class and earn an additional 25 percent more Wings on top of the 50 percent you receive from the Accelerator badge! This badge only appears once in your profile page, but there is no limit to the amount of times you can earn 25 percent more Wings, as long as you fulfill the booking and travel criteria! Valid on all takeoffs and landings at all Air Canada Destination airports for new bookings made between September 25 and October 2, 2017, 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between November 1 and December 11, 2017. Cabin badges and all other badges are excluded from this offer. See complete terms and conditions.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by alc
Mystery Badge #1 & #2

Accelerator Badge

The Accelerator Badge is back! Earn 50 percent more Wings for all takeoffs and landings at all Air Canada Destination airports for new bookings made between September 25 and October 2, 2017, 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between November 1 and December 11, 2017. This badge only appears once in your profile page, but there is no limit to the amount of times you can earn 50 percent more Wings, as long as you fulfill the booking and travel criteria for this challenge! Cabin badges and all other badges are excluded from this offer. See complete terms and conditions.

Accelerator Plus Badge

A challenge with a twist! Book and travel in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge or Business Class and earn an additional 25 percent more Wings on top of the 50 percent you receive from the Accelerator badge! This badge only appears once in your profile page, but there is no limit to the amount of times you can earn 25 percent more Wings, as long as you fulfill the booking and travel criteria! Valid on all takeoffs and landings at all Air Canada Destination airports for new bookings made between September 25 and October 2, 2017, 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between November 1 and December 11, 2017. Cabin badges and all other badges are excluded from this offer. See complete terms and conditions.
Well I know at least one person that'll make happy.

Odd that PY and J % is the same, you'd think they'd split it out like with AQM given there is still a clear differential, when it's offered.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:27 am
alc

When first find out these details, thought it will be good, then when it read travel from Nov 1st, then it didn't work for me as I had plane to get all my EYW trips in before Oct 25 so I can get to choose my SE package (as per the other thread). Therefore I went ahead and book all my flights.

All my EYW should get me to top 11 to top 30 based on previous years, but might not get me to top 10, we will see.

I stop my bookings when I cross 95th AQS, as the whole point for me to do EYW is to get SE status for as cheap as possible

With the added segment from the cancel flight that I mentioned above, I will be at 97 AQS. Will need to see if I do want to do another trip to get over 100 AQS for the Threshold eUpgrade bonus. If I do, that trip will be in Nov for this Accelerator Badge. But the promo code that I got need to be use tomorrow, so, need to think fast
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
re: accelerator, i'm confused - so the 50% bonus will apply to super destination takeoffs/landings as well? so 50% on top of the 2000 NRT bonus = 3000 for each take/off landing?

CHALLENGE BADGES

TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE ACCELERATOR BADGE AND ACCELERATOR PLUS BADGE

To be eligible for this offer, participants must have registered for the Earn Your Wings PROMOTION between September 7 and October 11, 2017, at 19:59 Eastern Time, but additional registration is not required for the Accelerator Badge and Accelerator Plus Badge.

Wings for eligible flights undertaken will be awarded for new bookings only, made between September 25 and October 2, 2017, at 19:59 Eastern Time, for travel between November 1 and December 11, 2017. In order to qualify as a new booking, the booking must have been created for the first time with a new booking reference number during the eligible booking period of the PROMOTION. Any booking made prior to the start of the Accelerator and Accelerator Plus Badges that is subsequently changed to include travel dates within the qualifying travel period will not be considered a new booking that is eligible for the Accelerator Badge or Accelerator Plus Badge.

Valid on eligible scheduled non-stop flights operated by Air Canada (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express brand) and Air Canada Rouge only, for travel between November 1 and December 11, 2017.

To qualify for the Accelerator Badge bonus of 50% more Wings, each flight segment must be undertaken in the following eligible fare options (booking classes):

Within Canada and between Canada and the USA: Flex (M, U, H, Q, V, W, G); Latitude (Y, B); Premium Economy Lowest (E, N); Premium Economy Flexible (O); Business Class Lowest and Premium Rouge (Z, P); Business Class Flexible and Premium Rouge (J, C, D).
Between Canada and the Caribbean, Central America and South America: Flex (M, U, H, Q, V); Latitude (Y, B); Business Class Lowest and Premium Rouge (C, D, Z, P); Business Class Flexible and Premium Rouge (J).
Between Canada and Europe, India, Middle East, Asia and Australia: Flex (M, U, H, Q, V); Latitude (Y, B); Premium Economy Lowest (E, N); Premium Economy Flexible and Premium Rouge (O); Business Class Lowest and Premium Rouge (C, D, Z, P); Business Class Flexible (J).
To qualify for the Accelerator Plus Badge bonus of 25% more Wings, eligible flight segments must be undertaken in the following eligible fare options (booking classes):

Within Canada and between Canada and the USA: Premium Economy Lowest (E, N); Premium Economy Flexible (O); Business Class Lowest and Premium Rouge (Z, P); Business Class Flexible and Premium Rouge (J, C, D).
Between Canada and the Caribbean, Central America and South America: Business Class Lowest and Premium Rouge (C, D, Z, P); Business Class Flexible and Premium Rouge (J).
Between Canada and Europe, India, Middle East, Asia and Australia: Premium Economy Lowest (E, N); Premium Economy Flexible and Premium Rouge (O); Business Class Lowest and Premium Rouge (C, D, Z, P); Business Class Flexible (J).
These Badges will appear only once in the User Profile, regardless of the number of times the offer eligibility criteria have been met. The Accelerator Badge, which is the bonus of 50% more Wings, and the Accelerator Plus Badge, which is the bonus of 25% more Wings, per eligible takeoff and landing, will continue to be issued and will be indicated in the Wings activity histogram found at the bottom of the User Profile, provided that the eligible flights undertaken meet the PROMOTION requirements as outlined in the complete Terms & Conditions for Earn Your Wings.

The Accelerator Badge, which is the bonus of 50% more Wings, and the Accelerator Plus Badge, which is the bonus of 25% more Wings, can only be earned for takeoffs and landings at airports worth 100 Wings and for airports on the Destination and Super Destination Badge lists.

The Accelerator Badge, which is the bonus of 50% more Wings, and the Accelerator Plus Badge, which is the bonus of 25% more Wings, does not apply to Cabin Badges, Participation Badges, Globetrotter Badges, or for any other new Badge introduced or earned.

Offer is subject to change at Air Canada’s sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:55 am
alc

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
re: accelerator, i'm confused - so the 50% bonus will apply to super destination takeoffs/landings as well? so 50% on top of the 2000 NRT bonus = 3000 for each take/off landing?
This is my understanding from previous year. Hence, you do get 3000 per each take-off and also 3000 per each landing. so, a round trip YYZ-NRT in Y (Flex/Lat) will be:

YYZ-NRT (100+2000) Normal Wings + (50 + 1000) Accelerator Wings
NRT-YYZ (2000+100) Normal Wings + (1000 + 50) Accelerator Wings

Total 6,300 Wings + what ever Globetrotter badges you can get.

If it is PY or J, you get:

YYZ-NRT (100+2000) Normal Wings + (75 + 1500) Accelerator Plues Wings
NRT-YYZ (2000+100) Normal Wings + (1500 + 75) Accelerator Plus Wings

Total 7,350 Wings + what ever Globetrotter badges you can get.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:27 pm
alc

i see those mobile+ and WiFi badged started to show-up within the last 30-45 min. But no update yet on the actual activities since last Friday update.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
And you only earn Aeroplan miles on mainline purchases. EYW runners don't spend much time on mainline
Any idea if this counts for AC Cafe Travel Options as well?

and ... mainline == national routes?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eracerblue
Any idea if this counts for AC Cafe Travel Options as well?

and ... mainline == national routes?
It's... not Express.

Actually I believe rouge counts too.

Basically if it's operated by AC and the flight number is below 7000, then BOB purchases count.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:23 pm

And away we go!
Attached Images  
traacs, marke190 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by alc
i see those mobile+ and WiFi badged started to show-up within the last 30-45 min. But no update yet on the actual activities since last Friday update.
I still have not received my On the Go badge. Did you do anything special to get it?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I noticed some users have multiple on the go badge.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by MiddleSeatSurvivor
I noticed some users have multiple on the go badge.
That's because I use the app more than you.

Or something
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:03 am

Smile

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's... not Express.

Actually I believe rouge counts too.

Basically if it's operated by AC and the flight number is below 7000, then BOB purchases count.
lol for half a beat there I thought the AC Cafe Travel Options might be useful! Then I realized I only get 10 or 20 wings per, not 100-500 as a typical badge might suggest.

You’ll receive badges for flying with Air Canada (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express brand)...
I don't see why Jazz / Express wouldn't be counted?

But... I stayed up late last night digging into EYW's and cow's entertaining log, and realizing how hardcore EYW runners are! Running the math for my anticipated work travel (with a few extra touchdowns), even anticipating a Double Dare, I think I would be challenged to clear 20K. And I often fly Tango, so that further takes a hit. From the sounds of it, that's not going to be even close to cutting it. Unless there's some magic last badge which favours me to like triple that count, I can't see how I have a hope at top 30....

So I'll probably toodle along and pick up a few extra wings here and there for the heck of it, and may even make E50K next year.... but even that I have to wonder if it's worth it. Let alone investing all this time and money chasing big wing payouts..... are you going to be able to use them before the 2020 AE changeover? Would it not be just better to buy the points?

Happy Travels!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:09 am
alc

Originally Posted by eracerblue
...even anticipating a Double Dare...
Sorry, this is not going to happen this year
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
God this Prairie badge is killing me. The fact that there are no YQR-YXE direct flights as of October 3rd is a problem since I have to connect through YWG multiple times, or they try to throw me back to YYC multiple times which wastes valuable daylight flying on those Q400s. And Grande Prairie is not easy to get to in the "connection" sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.