Search

Risk upgrade by changing outbound?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:08 am
Moz
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Risk upgrade by changing outbound?

I have recently moved to Canada and as a result and working back status with the national carrier. I will also have lots of questions so thank you for your patience!

I am flying YVR-SFO-ORD-YYZ-YVR. I have upgraded the ORD-YVR portion using e vouchers. I now not to catch and earlier flight to SFO but am worried that if I arrive early and standby then I will lost my upgrade on the return leg. Is that right?

Reason I am worried is that I flew YVR-YYz-YUL-YVR last week and changed the Toronto to Montreal portion and as a result I lost my preferred seat selection (that I had paid for) on the return leg.

Can anyone confirm whether flying standby will mess up return upgrade?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Not that this I see entirely relevant to your question, but could you assist in providing a value-added response... what status do you have with Air Canada, and can you clarify what an eVoucher is? Did you use Air Canada eUpgrades? What is your fare class?

Again, not completely revelant, but could assist in providing comprehensive answers.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:53 am
Moz
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response.

I am elite 35k and apologies,, I used incorrect terminology, I did use an AC e upgrade for the inbound. My fare class on YVR to SFO is flex and from ord to YVR through YYz it's latitude.

That help any?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Flying standby on an earlier leg will not modify or jeopardize your upgrade on a future leg.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:55 am
Moz
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm going to give it a go then.

Having said this, maybe it's all moot now as looking at other threads I am possibly going to miss My connection in YYz thanks to the runway work. I have 2 hours to connect between ORD and YVR. Is that cutting it fine this Friday?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Flying standby on an earlier leg will not modify or jeopardize your upgrade on a future leg.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.