Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Lavazza coffee machine in the MLL Lounge & served in-flight

Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:56 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

AC replaced all the coffee machines in the YYZ TB MLL yesterday with new Lavazzo coffee machines.

Definitely an upgrade to the coffee experience...

The machine takes forever though to fill up.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by ACfly
AC replaced all the coffee machines in the YYZ TB MLL yesterday with new Lavazzo coffee machines.

Definitely an upgrade to the coffee experience...

The machine takes forever though to fill up.
I used it just now in DOM MLL , though I rather have hot breakfast back
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:00 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I used it just now in DOM MLL , though I rather have hot breakfast back
Premium plaza has decent hot breakfast if you have Amex Plat
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Let me know when the Lavazza machines show up... those Lavazzo knockoffs are rubbish

On a more serious note, it's nice to see AC step up their espresso game. The previous machines made pretty awful coffees... when they worked.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: *$ Green
Can someone confirm if it's deployed in YUL too?

Also, will YUL ever get the St-Viateur bagels back? The bottom feeds are all gone now.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
It would appear that AC has signed a PSA with Lavazza as its coffee supplier.
In addition to existing cappuccino/espresso pods as well as the changeover in the MLL, on-board brewed coffee/decaf is also transitioning.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:53 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
Yes, the new machine is in YUL domestic lounge.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
There was nothing new in YVR dom effective last night. Here's hoping it changes soon!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ACfly
Premium plaza has decent hot breakfast if you have Amex Plat
Just out of curiousity: What does the PPL breakfast look like these days?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:51 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
There was nothing new in YVR dom effective last night. Here's hoping it changes soon!
I will be in the YVR domestic lounge Monday afternoon, upon my return from HK and will verify.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just out of curiousity: What does the PPL breakfast look like these days?
When I went through the dom ppl at Yyz a few weeks ago there was oatmeal, pancakes*, eggs, dumplings*, as well as pastries, yogurt and cereal.

Though I should note, the items with the asterisk could have been items at the YVR Hilton and not the Dom ppl.

I was impressed with the food choices at the YVR ppl, unfortunately their scotch selection was poor. The draught craft beer was good though.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by iMedic
When I went through the dom ppl at Yyz a few weeks ago there was oatmeal, pancakes*, eggs, dumplings*, as well as pastries, yogurt and cereal.

Though I should note, the items with the asterisk could have been items at the YVR Hilton and not the Dom ppl.

I was impressed with the food choices at the YVR ppl, unfortunately their scotch selection was poor. The draught craft beer was good though.
Man it's kind of sad when the AC lounge at a hub (YVR) is worse than a pay for lounge.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
New Air Canada Coffee

Apparently AC just switched from second cup to Latazzo or something like that a few days ago. I have watched 4 people send their coffee back on this flight, it smells like a combination of bleach and the damp dish rag needing to be washed. Is AC cutting costs or improving quality? Where does one leave feedback for their culinary people to switch back or go to something else? The FAs have said they are getting nothing but complaints. First World Problem for a 630 AM flight.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:04 am
alc

Look like AC just switch over the contract for their Coffee Supplier as another thread talk about the same coffee switch at MLL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ll-lounge.html
Old May 2, 2017, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by coleo

Apparently AC just switched from second cup to Latazzo or something like that a few days ago. I have watched 4 people send their coffee back on this flight, it smells like a combination of bleach and the damp dish rag needing to be washed. Is AC cutting costs or improving quality? Where does one leave feedback for their culinary people to switch back or go to something else? The FAs have said they are getting nothing but complaints. First World Problem for a 630 AM flight.

Lavazza.

Um, the coffee AC served before that had a similar taste as did the one before that (at least the regular coffee I've had, the cappuccino from the snazzy machine was nice).

I actually use this brand at home. My prep and result tastes far better than anything served onboard. Part of the problem is the water used. The other part is the coffee quality and the other part is how it is prepared. If you don't use enough coffee, and the water in the tank is less than "fresh", well, your result will be less than expected.

I just had awesome coffee on CX. They use illy. I have no idea how it was prepared, but it had a really good taste - compared to other regular coffee on AC, AA, etc.

Last edited by 24left; May 2, 2017 at 8:35 am Reason: grammar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.