Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
To answer the often asked question:

Not all *A partners received the same inventory from other partners. Often, what one sees on UA or ANA might not be available on AC, or options seen on AC are not available on BR, SQ, UA etc.

Also, phantom space certainly happens. I've only discovered it by not being able to complete a booking or when calling Aeroplan and the agent can't book it.

Others here can offer their experiences/opinions.
I booked TP / LX YYZ-LIS-VIE(stop)-DBV(pot and open jaw) / ZAG-ZRH-ORD-YYZ last week and the availability for LX TATL was changing every time I looked at it (in August anyways). Flights were showing available, vanishing and coming back constantly. Was finally able to get it locked down with an agent on the phone.

Edit: Aeroplan booking for 4 seats in J

Last edited by mjrobson; Mar 21, 2019 at 1:52 pm Reason: clarification
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not all *A partners received the same inventory from other partners. Often, what one sees on UA or ANA might not be available on AC, or options seen on AC are not available on BR, SQ, UA etc.
Can you show an example of that?

I've never seen bookable space on one partner that was not bookable on another (barring situations like "we've blocked SQ until further notice").

Aeroplan gets more AC seats than other programs. MileagePlus gets more UA seats than other programs. But I've never seen a situation where one partner gets more than another.

Phantom space has certainly made it appear that way at times, but it's not bookable.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can you show an example of that?

I've never seen bookable space on one partner that was not bookable on another (barring situations like "we've blocked SQ until further notice").

Aeroplan gets more AC seats than other programs. MileagePlus gets more UA seats than other programs. But I've never seen a situation where one partner gets more than another.

Phantom space has certainly made it appear that way at times, but it's not bookable.

If I had nothing else to do, I would go back in time, look up posts that I and others have seen on the AC, NH, SQ, BR, LH and UA forums, where posters said the same thing I did, that availability is not the same on all partner sites. But who am I to argue.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Posted on UA FT this afternoon:

Originally Posted by Ericka
Just a quick note that the UA website is showing a bunch of LX (Swiss) business class award space in August. It appears that at least some of these options are not bookable. I errored out on the website and calls to the 1K desk didn’t help.

So, don’t get too excited until your credit card goes through!
LX (Swiss) Phantom Award Space
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If I had nothing else to do, I would go back in time, look up posts that I and others have seen on the AC, NH, SQ, BR, LH and UA forums, where posters said the same thing I did, that availability is not the same on all partner sites. But who am I to argue.
Lots of people say lots of things on FT that aren't true.

This seems like it would be easy to prove if it were.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:09 pm
Suspended

@invalyd wrote:

Originally Posted by invalyd
Seeing tons of LX J space on Aeroplan.com today but it doesn't show up on ANA or ExpertFlyer, is it phantom space?
My answer upthread was based on my interpretation of his question.

To answer the often asked question:

Also, phantom space certainly happens. I've only discovered it by not being able to complete a booking or when calling Aeroplan and the agent can't book it.

Others here can offer their experiences/opinions.

I think these other threads may be helpful or offer insight.

ANA blocking EVA awards?

Eva Business Award not showing up on ANA

ANA Award - Phantom Awards?

ANA not finding space that is showing in Aeroplan

This one is interesting and also includes AC

ANA Award Availability Question

Last edited by 24left; Mar 21, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I called UA and AC and both were unable to confirm the space, so I'm gonna guess this was phantom availability. Just found it odd as it was appearing on both sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.