LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Old May 26, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by darwiniandemon
This is getting unbelievably frustrating. I'm based in Switzerland so SWISS from ZRH & GVA are my two real options.

What would have been a simple 2 hr flight with SWISS is now routed via Germany/Austria to 4+ hrs.

Seriously...! Not easy with a baby!
Holy, LX have stopped selling revenue seats until this AP issue is resolved!?? Wow. We need CBC to intervene and make this right.
Until then, guess everyone in SUI will have to route via Germany.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:44 pm

So I finally got a response on Twitter:
Attached Images  
Old May 26, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Holy, LX have stopped selling revenue seats until this AP issue is resolved!?? Wow. We need CBC to intervene and make this right.
Until then, guess everyone in SUI will have to route via Germany.
Why don't you intervene and buy his tickets? I mean, since you're making it sound like this is no big deal, maybe you can help out.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by homeyG
I keep tweeting CBC about it, hoping that maybe they will pick up this story. There have been multiples stories that they reported on in regards to airlines behaving badly in the last couple of months.

I have tweeted @SophiaharrisCBC on the above Twitter exchange.

I implore everyone else to contact Sophia Harris at CBC [email protected]
Old May 26, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ffsim
Why don't you intervene and buy his tickets? I mean, since you're making it sound like this is no big deal, maybe you can help out.
Indeed.
@CloudsBelow: 4 tix Zrich to Thessaloniki please!
Old May 26, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by darwiniandemon
This is getting unbelievably frustrating. I'm based in Switzerland so SWISS from ZRH & GVA are my two real options.

What would have been a simple 2 hr flight with SWISS is now routed via Germany/Austria to 4+ hrs.

Seriously...! Not easy with a baby!
And bonus!
You support AC execs bonuses by paying scamcharges for flying LH instead LX
Old May 26, 2017, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Aeroplan just keeps making more money from scam charges. Air Canada loves it because they share 50% of the money.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Yes, take it, it's a good and scamcharge free airline with a great lounge in IST and a painless transfer.
​​​​​​You ll be waiting for Aeroplan to unblock Swiss until the Leafs win the cup.
I took your advice and went ahead to book my mRTW itinerary. I also learn that I could do the "touristanbul" offered by Turkish Airline
Old May 28, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I fully support people burning their miles as they can. I'll be doing that too. But this is BS, Aeroplan advertises all the partners they can earn/redeem on...why not put a huge disclaimer on your main paige "Air China, Copa, Swiss and Avianca currently unavailable due to 'IT issues'" feel free to add, "cannot book intl to intl awards currently either".

This program could be great, even with the rules as they are set out, I really believe it's one of the better programs out there. We can all avoid YQ and using the routing rules to our advantage. But when you take 4 major players off the table...I can't really defend it anymore.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Aeroplan (and even Air Canada), please switch to Amadeus!
Old May 30, 2017, 2:10 pm

Ugh. I swear it was back. I did a search from IST-YUL, and in the results were IST-ZRH on TK, ZRH-YUL on LX. I had a minor shock, and ran a search directly from ZRH-YUL, and I had no LX results. Again tried IST-YUL, and there was also no LX. Ugh.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC E, BA Bronze, HHonors Gold
I already have my flights booked for this summer, it is a combination of a transatlantic and intraeuropean flights in business with TAP and LX return with LX via ZRH-YUL (yay!)

However while looking at the reservation in TAP's website I found this message when I tried to add my email to the reservation:

ZRH TBA - RI3 FLIGHT FIRMING TOOL WEBSERVICE OFFIC - A

Any idea what that means?
Old May 31, 2017, 10:49 am

Swiss is back!!

Source: https://milesopedia.com/programmes-a...nible-aeroplan
Old May 31, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Confirmed. Thank you!!!
Old May 31, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Still no CM or AV. And of course CA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.