Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Agreed that @ffsim hit it out of the park with his edits!

And here's the article I wrote that just went up:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/air...artner-awards/
Old May 19, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Deemus7

And here's the article I wrote that just went up:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/air...artner-awards/

^ screenshots!!

No mention of the four airlines blocked just happen to be ones without scamcharges?
Old May 19, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
^ screenshots!!

No mention of the four airlines blocked just happen to be ones without scamcharges?
I think I had that in there originally but may have been taken out during editing? I went back-and-forth between how slanted to make it, so I know that was in at some point...just can't remember if I took it out.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:05 pm

It's not only the four carriers - CA,AV,CM,LX. It is also UA. Example:

April 18 ORD-FRA, there are two flights, and both have at least two award seats available in economy and in business. Nothing is available on Aeroplan.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by echino
It's not only the four carriers - CA,AV,CM,LX. It is also UA. Example:

April 18 ORD-FRA, there are two flights, and both have at least two award seats available in economy and in business. Nothing is available on Aeroplan.
This is a booking window issue - I believe Aeroplan makes UA flights available 330/331 days out. UA gets them out faster.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
So, here's the thing: obviously my "edits" were meant to be humorous and entertaining, and I generally tend to align my opinions more closely with Hanlon's Razor than conspiracy theorists. But this whole situation irks me to no end.

Of course I don't like paying more for something than I have to. I'd rather fly YUL-ZRH-CDG on LX without YQ, for instance, rather than YUL-CDG on AC with high YQ. Naturally. Who wouldn't?

But this whole "separate issues related to the different inventory systems of the concerned airlines" excuse really, really, really upsets me. I'll stop short of calling anyone a liar -- because I genuinely have no idea what the real problem is -- but it comes across intentionally vague and with a hint of deception. If the problem is indeed with inventory systems, then their statement should include an explanation why Aeroplan, acting as a travel agent, cannot simply call the reservations team at one of the affected airlines and book an otherwise available award that way.

Far be it for me to be cynical, but I wonder what'll happen first: these "separate issues" will be resolved or TK will be hit by a new, separate issue.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
This is a booking window issue - I believe Aeroplan makes UA flights available 330/331 days out. UA gets them out faster.
UA makes award seats available to all A* partners ~337 days out, but Aeroplan blocks them until ~330 days out. By that time all high demand seats are gone because other A* members can book them before Aeroplan members get a chance.

I think there are more partners in addition to UA with this problem, but I can't remember exactly which.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:52 pm

We need to keep this issue alive until it is resolved! Please post on Aeroplan social media and tag Aeroplan partners including AMEX, CIBC, TD because the selling point is you can use miles across ALL Star partner airlines!

Here is a tweet, like and retweet!

Old May 20, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by imverge
We need to keep this issue alive until it is resolved! Please post on Aeroplan social media and tag Aeroplan partners including AMEX, CIBC, TD because the selling point is you can use miles across ALL Star partner airlines!
Complete waste of time they aren't going to make any changes.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:45 am

Just an update...LX is still not showing online, and first level phone agents are not able to book either. However, when I escalated to a supervisor, she went through what she called a "backup system" and was able to confirm three business class seats that were showing on United, ANA and ExpertFlyer. She said that the SWISS issues had been fixed but were still in the "test" phase and thus hadn't been released online.

Imagine that...less than 24 hours after my article and the SWISS issue is resolved!!

Of course she spelled our last names incorrectly, so I am now on hold to resolve that issue. Nevertheless, hopefully this is good news!!!
Old May 20, 2017, 11:50 am

If the even worse airmiles program had to make some changes due to pressures, I don't see why Aeroplan would resist, especially in its uncertain situation. Problem is its members do nothing.Thanks Deemus.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Just an update...LX is still not showing online, and first level phone agents are not able to book either. However, when I escalated to a supervisor, she went through what she called a "backup system" and was able to confirm three business class seats that were showing on United, ANA and ExpertFlyer. She said that the SWISS issues had been fixed but were still in the "test" phase and thus hadn't been released online.

Imagine that...less than 24 hours after my article and the SWISS issue is resolved!!

Of course she spelled our last names incorrectly, so I am now on hold to resolve that issue. Nevertheless, hopefully this is good news!!!
Thanks so much for the update. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by OMCA; May 20, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by OMCA
Thanks so much for the update. Fingers crossed.
No dice for me, I see availability via UA and ANA. Aeroplan agent sees nothing, supervisor sees nothing. The supervisor, Sabrina, was VERY combative right off the bat, and trying to redirect the entire conversation like I was the one to blame. Stating my travel dates are difficult to book, why I didn't book it when LX was bookable, overall, just an air of disinterest. She said that there was no ETA for a fix, if any at all, admitted they now have 4 *A inhibited from Aeroplan award booking.

Judging by this call alone, I believe the LX going down the blackhole like Copa, Avianca, and Air China.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Sad!!
Old May 22, 2017, 6:55 pm

I've been waiting for ages for LX flight to show up. What would you guys do in this situation.

I want to fly from HKG-ZRH. There's direct flight from LX, but we can't book it on Aeroplan. Aeroplan does show an alternative HKG-IST-ZRH. Should I take that or wait till LX to show up? I've never connected at IST before, is it a hassle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.