LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Old May 15, 2017, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
See suggestion here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28314058-post70.html
Old May 15, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by imverge
Aeroplan hasn't even publicly acknowledged there is a problem.
Actually they kind of did on our french-canadian blog with an "official answer" (see below).

It really seems to be a technical issue and when I spoke to them a week ago, they told to me: "in a few days it will be resolved".

Was it BS? I don't know.

"Nous sommes au courant de la situation affectant la disponibilit de certaines primes ariennes pour les membres Aroplan et comprenons les inconvnients qui en dcoulent pour ceux-ci.

Nous travaillons de concert avec toutes les parties concernes, incluant les transporteurs ariens partenaires, pour que la situation soit rsolue promptement. La cause serait lie des difficults techniques entre les diffrents systmes dinventaire. Nous remercions nos membres pour leur patience entretemps."
Old May 15, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jmvnice
Was it BS? I don't know.[/I]
so hey, they also block Air India, who knew?
5 non-scamcharge airlines ....

I guess people's BS-o-meter will be different, especially for some of our resident loyalists.

Mine is below, hope I m proven wrong and all 5 carriers come back.

Old May 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
so hey, they also block Air India, who knew?
5 non-scamcharge airlines ....
I can see AI on Aeroplan. Example March 11 2018 SFO-DEL in F is showing available.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Actually they kind of did on our french-canadian blog with an "official answer" (see below).

It really seems to be a technical issue and when I spoke to them a week ago, they told to me: "in a few days it will be resolved".

Was it BS? I don't know.

"Nous sommes au courant de la situation affectant la disponibilit de certaines primes ariennes pour les membres Aroplan et comprenons les inconvnients qui en dcoulent pour ceux-ci.

Nous travaillons de concert avec toutes les parties concernes, incluant les transporteurs ariens partenaires, pour que la situation soit rsolue promptement. La cause serait lie des difficults techniques entre les diffrents systmes dinventaire. Nous remercions nos membres pour leur patience entretemps."
Best practice would have Aeroplan admit they are having issues with LX (today I am directly affected by this issue and truly about this continued mess), AV (who knows why with them), CM (ongoing off/on issue for nearly 18 months now and lastly CA.

Out of the other 27 Star Alliance carriers, do we FTers have any datapoint where other FF programs are having this many issues?
Old May 15, 2017, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Out of the other 27 Star Alliance carriers, do we FTers have any datapoint where other FF programs are having this many issues?
I've only ran across OZ having trouble seeing CA space about a month ago.
United books everything, and the CA ticketing issues are long gone.
Lifemiles sees all space as well point to point, but their search engine has other issues.
ANA sees all space judging by the ANA tool/scrapers

This is not a Star Alliance issue - its an Aeroplan issue. And coincidentally the 4 carriers blocked are where AC directly competes.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by rankourabu
This is not a Star Alliance issue - its an Aeroplan issue. And coincidentally the 4 carriers blocked are where AC directly competes.
I did not suggest that the same 4 carriers were a Star Alliance network-wide issue, but its very interesting (and sadly not surprising) that Aeroplan is an outlier of all the other FF programs within the alliance.

CA - intentional blocking due to ?
CM - intentional blocking due to 014 ticketing issues with CM res system
AV - have no clue why, as this is relatively recent
LX - off and on for the past few weeks and currently off today, due to ?
Old May 15, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
due to ?
IT issues
Old May 17, 2017, 12:26 pm

Plucking Aeroplan not showing SWISS availability?

I was looking for a flight from Montreal to Europe (to DUB, but I was searching to ZRH first to find availability on the longhaul) and nothing was coming up aside from AC, LH, and UA. So I thought I would try a different search system since the Aeroplan search is so slow.

Low and behold on UA there are a few dates with LX availability in business YUL-ZRH (though still nothing in economy). But trying those same dates in Aeroplan shows only the usual AC and LH flights with outrageous copays (in many cases more than the entire price of a whole round-trip ticket of course).

If I call Aeroplan would they be able to find these flights given that there's obviously *A availability in the system, it's just the web site programmed to hide them?
Old May 17, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
I was looking for a flight from Montreal to Europe (to DUB, but I was searching to ZRH first to find availability on the longhaul) and nothing was coming up aside from AC, LH, and UA. So I thought I would try a different search system since the Aeroplan search is so slow.

Low and behold on UA there are a few dates with LX availability in business YUL-ZRH (though still nothing in economy). But trying those same dates in Aeroplan shows only the usual AC and LH flights with outrageous copays (in many cases more than the entire price of a whole round-trip ticket of course).

If I call Aeroplan would they be able to find these flights given that there's obviously *A availability in the system, it's just the web site programmed to hide them?
Been blocked for a few weeks now
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-aeroplan.html
Old May 19, 2017, 9:04 am

Official statement now:

We're aware that technical difficulties are making it difficult to book flight rewards with four carriers - Air China, Avianca, Copa and SWISS.

These are separate issues related to the different inventory systems of the concerned airlines. We appreciate the inconvenience that these disruptions may be causing you.

We are working closely with all stakeholders from the affected airlines to ensure that the situation is resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
https://www5.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...110_2017_05_19
Old May 19, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
FIFY

We're aware that technical difficulties are making it impossible to book flight rewards with no scamcharges on four carriers - Air China, Avianca, Copa and SWISS.

These are intentional issues related to the different inventory systems of the concerned airlines. We couldn't care less about the inconvenience that these disruptions may be causing you.

We are not working closely with all stakeholders from the affected airlines and expect that the situation will not be resolved prior to June 2020.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Old May 19, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by ffsim
FIFY
^
Old May 19, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Interesting. At least acknowledging it is progress...maybe?

Funnily enough, I actually reached out to a PR contact at Aimia on Tuesday for an official response, as I'm working on an article addressing this issue for a well-known travel site. I wonder if it's connected...
Old May 19, 2017, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@ffsim

Awesome!!!!!! And LMAO

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.