Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Not Bookable With Aeroplan?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Why doesn't Star Alliance make a unique/one-stop central award availability interface that other airlines communicate with, instead making each airline interface with each other
Old May 7, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Why doesn't Star Alliance make a unique/one-stop central award availability interface that other airlines communicate with, instead making each airline interface with each other
That's never going to happen.

Just like Star Alliance should make one reservations system that is universal for all member airlines.

All the "benefits" the airline's tout with alliances is a complete joke.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum; Hyatt diamond;
Is Swiss Air award ticket bookable thru phone?

Obviously it can't be booked online. Are agents able to book it?
Old May 9, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
No, its blocked period.
See thread in forum.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
StarNet facilitates this function, but it works best with and among carriers using Amadeus.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA lifetime platinum; Hyatt diamond;
Originally Posted by rankourabu
No, its blocked period.
See thread in forum.
Thanks!
Old May 12, 2017, 3:24 am

Data point:
As of April 15, I was able to see many days in Nov-Dec-Jan when I could see LX available for BOM-ZRH or DEL-ZRH. None, since I started checking again from May 1.

Eight hours ago, I was able to book three business class award tickets for India to Zurich on LX, using United miles, for travel in January; I also saw many days where this was available in United.

Zero availability on Aeroplan for the same days.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Anyone have any ideas for how to get this escalated? I'm so frustrated that I'm out 140k Amex points and 20k Starpoints with nothing to show for it.

What are the chances that a supervisor would "force" availability on AC due to this problem?
Old May 12, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Anyone have any ideas for how to get this escalated? I'm so frustrated that I'm out 140k Amex points and 20k Starpoints with nothing to show for it.

What are the chances that a supervisor would "force" availability on AC due to this problem?
Aeroplan hasn't even publicly acknowledged there is a problem. If you can post on the FB page or Tweet them the more bad PR they get it will light a fire to get it fixed!

I am a Diamond member and when I spoke to a supervisor they tried to manually request (long sell) the space in the system but it wouldn't come back as confirmed.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:22 am

This is getting really annoying. UA displays 2 J seats on LX on the date I want. Aeroplan? NADA.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Canibus
This is getting really annoying. UA displays 2 J seats on LX on the date I want. Aeroplan? NADA.
United is known to display phantom LX space. Double check on LifeMiles or ANA to make sure space is real.

As of now, Aeroplan blocks all LX space, on all flights in all classes. If CA is any indication, then LX problem is never going to be solved, so I would not count on LX to ever be available via Aeroplan.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by Canibus
Is it bookable on UA? I have spent many frustrating hours trying to book LX award seats using UA miles, but a lot of the dates showed phantom availability.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Is it bookable on UA? I have spent many frustrating hours trying to book LX award seats using UA miles, but a lot of the dates showed phantom availability.
Yes, I tested it upthread, booked and ticketed by UA when AE shows nothing
Old May 15, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I booked an Aeroplan reward 5 weeks ago from MAN to YUL via ZRH, both flights on LX in Business. The first was on a CS100 and the second on an A333. Great flights, service was great in particular. I'm booked on them again in July.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I booked an Aeroplan reward 5 weeks ago from MAN to YUL via ZRH, both flights on LX in Business. The first was on a CS100 and the second on an A333. Great flights, service was great in particular. I'm booked on them again in July.
I saw award availability for LX until around April 15; the problem seems to have come up after that.

Re: phantom seas on UA website -- I personally booked three LX award tickets four days ago using UA miles; nothing was available on Aeroplan site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.