Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

BA Seat Assignment Booked Through AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

I did my check-in for tonight's flight: YYZ → LHR. I also checked in for the LHR → EDI hop on British Airways that I booked at the same time through AirCanada.com. I've got a great seat for the first leg but I'm in 27F on the second--that's got to be the worst seat on the plane. I cannot change that seat assignment during check-in, presumably because the flight is on British Airways.

Is my only option to wait until I'm at LHR tomorrow and have them switch my seat? Or can I call AC and have them do it? Any other options?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With BA you pay for seat assignments, even in business class, unless you have mid-high OW status
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28149247
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ts-status.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-not-free.html
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:34 am
Original Poster

I don't mind paying, but don't know how. I don't have a BA confirmation number or anything. Hence the original question: Where/how can I change my seat?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA, SPG, HH, IHG, BW
You could try calling Air Canada reservations and ask them for the British Airways locator number.
Use that number on BA.com to access your booking and you may be able to pay for a seat change. If not call BA reservations and ask to change seats with them.
Good luck.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:03 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've had no problem in the past getting seat selection online on BA after getting the BA PNR from AC, so hopefully AC is the only phone call you need to make.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:15 am

An AC agent might be able to assign you a better seat for the BA leg at the check-in counter in YYZ tonight. I have done that several times and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There's no harm in asking.

Last edited by jasdou; Apr 14, 2017 at 12:16 pm
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I got in touch with AC via Twitter and they provided me with the BA info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.