Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: When to request eupgrade?

Question: When to request eupgrade?

Old Apr 13, 17, 8:47 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by quantumofforce View Post
Not sure why you are offering condolences, Orlando is a nice place to visit in early spring.
It was just a dig at AC Rouge Yes it's a heck of a lot better in J than Y but it's still not my favourite way to travel.

My only ever Rouge Y was a failed eUp :O
Old Apr 13, 17, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
It was just a dig at AC Rouge Yes it's a heck of a lot better in J than Y but it's still not my favourite way to travel.

My only ever Rouge Y was a failed eUp :O
I am still confused, what's the difference between Rouge vs Mainline J between YYZ-MCO? You're literally sitting on the same seats, and just have a younger, chipper, Less experienced cabin crew.
Old Apr 13, 17, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quantumofforce View Post
I am still confused, what's the difference between Rouge vs Mainline J between YYZ-MCO? You're literally sitting on the same seats, and just have a younger, chipper, Less experienced cabin crew.
Agreed
Old Apr 13, 17, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Agreed
indeed. You're basically trading an efficient but tired cabin crew for a less experienced yet somewhat friendlier group. In most cases. And they have nifty hats too!
Old Apr 14, 17, 7:34 am

Programs: AC Altitude E50K (*G), NEXUS
No more hats. Hats were 86d quite a while ago. Also the foolish shoes seem to have become extinct as well.
Flew rouge YYZMCO yesterday, and they were fine in J, which was barely half occupied. However they did not offer the bread rolls until after FA#1 had confiscated my meal tray, so I was not able to accept the roll offered by FA#2 (and I actually had been wanting that roll while I had the tray) because they had my knife and butter. I said "no more knife or butter" and she read that as "no" rather than an opportunity to get me a knife or butter.
Old Apr 14, 17, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
No more hats. Hats were 86d quite a while ago. Also the foolish shoes seem to have become extinct as well.
Flew rouge YYZMCO yesterday, and they were fine in J, which was barely half occupied. However they did not offer the bread rolls until after FA#1 had confiscated my meal tray, so I was not able to accept the roll offered by FA#2 (and I actually had been wanting that roll while I had the tray) because they had my knife and butter. I said "no more knife or butter" and she read that as "no" rather than an opportunity to get me a knife or butter.
Now i'm frustrated. I wanted one of those hats. I shall never fly AC again.
To get back on topic, if you eup 10 days ahead (or 240/239/238 hours). You get to pick whatever seat you want too which is great since you are first. I tend to pick closest to the bar...
Old Apr 14, 17, 8:14 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
There is a thread on Rouge. But in a nutshell I dislike the lack of IFE not finding the iPads a decent alternative that get collected so far before landing. The seats may be smaller, planes may be older, and an eUp doesn't guarantee a seat up front.
Old Apr 15, 17, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by Thatguyatthebar View Post
Now i'm frustrated. I wanted one of those hats. I shall never fly AC again.
To get back on topic, if you eup 10 days ahead (or 240/239/238 hours). You get to pick whatever seat you want too which is great since you are first. I tend to pick closest to the bar...
Thanks.Seatguru says the first row leg room is limited, so I picked row 2.

There is a bar?
Old Apr 16, 17, 9:02 am

Programs: AC Altitude E50K (*G), NEXUS
Row 2 is my favourite. (Stay out!)
I believe "the bar" is the space between the closed curtain and the flight deck where the FAs are hiding for the majority of the flight.
Old Apr 16, 17, 11:32 am

Programs: AC E75K
I believe "the bar" is the space between the closed curtain and the flight deck where the FAs are hiding for the majority of the flight.
Kit Kats are known to be lurking somewhere in this general area. Ask with a smile and you shall receive!
Old Apr 16, 17, 8:38 pm

yeah row one also inconveniently doesnt have a seat in front of you so you can put a bag underneath it where you store all the crap you might want to get to before the seatbelt sign gets turned off. So row two aisle seat it is. And the bartender (some people call them flight attendants) is close enough that you can get booze with minimum hassle.