Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ AC Delays - Runway Construction - April 7 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ AC Delays - Runway Construction - April 7 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Little FQ flew ACr departing YYZ the other day. Boarded and pushed back on time, spent something like 40 minutes "taxiing", but I was able to meet her at her destination pretty much on time. It was a late evening departure. I have an inbound YYZ evening arrival in a few days, and don't expect the same
While others can reroute, originating/departing YYZ is what it is if you don't have the time for YUL-YTZ leg.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:08 am

Daily Travel Outlook is now allowing a full week of changes… May 9 included!
Old May 3, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
I wish UA would do the same. I am booked on a late afternoon/early evening UA ticket IAD-YYZ-YQB next week but they won't allow me to change a thing, probably until the IAD flight has been delayed by several hours and then cancelled as it has been in the last three days.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for pointing that out. Changed my flight on 09MAY from YYZ to YTZ already.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:38 pm

Had a multiple connection out and back Sunday May 7 through Tue May 9. Just pushed it out a week to May 14 through May 17 and changed YXU departure/return to YYZ. (Selected early morning flights that have yet to be cancelled or even significantly delayed).

As runway construction theoretically ends May 16 the May 17th return needed to be checked but was OK'd.

Was then invited to apply for a refund for the YXU/YYZ and YYZ/YXU segments...
Within no more than 24 hrs of original departure date/time or anytime afterwards I am to complete the refund page at
https://aircanadarefunds.business.xe...Refunds/Create
Old May 3, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: *$ Green
9th of may. Thats a lot of free changes...

I'm anticipating a lot of CBC articles over the weekend.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Toronto needs its own "Misery Map"

Attached Images  
Old May 4, 2017, 5:40 pm

So if a passenger is transiting YYZ from Europe to US and arrival at their final destination is delayed by this runway construction (8hrs+) are they entitled to EU 261 compensation?

AC is both the overwater and transborder carrier.

Cheers
Old May 4, 2017, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
So if a passenger is transiting YYZ from Europe to US and arrival at their final destination is delayed by this runway construction (8hrs+) are they entitled to EU 261 compensation?

AC is both the overwater and transborder carrier.

Cheers
No. First, assuming the inbound flight to YYZ was on time, the delay would have occurred outside the EU and therefore isn't covered. Second, it would likely be deemed an extraordinary delay in any event (and not unreasonably, there really is very little the airlines can do here).
Old May 4, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Just arrived into YYZ on AC699. Last few days it's been delayed circling etc. Today, plane left YYT on-time, no one mentioned delays (it is disgusting in YYZ right now) and we went straight in. Feeling lucky.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
Toronto needs its own "Misery Map"

Assuming the already crappy weather today and tomorrow, I hope runway construction will not be added to the mess tomorrow. I am on a United ticket on AC metal tomorrow with a onward connection on US west coast. United does not have any advisories for Toronto so no chance to be proactive. Not sure when AC will post whether/if their flight will be delayed for tomorrow afternoon YYZ-LAX.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: ac ELITE,aa,nwa, Priority Club
And voila!!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...vamp-1.4100224
Old May 4, 2017, 9:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vernonc
Assuming the already crappy weather today and tomorrow, I hope runway construction will not be added to the mess tomorrow. I am on a United ticket on AC metal tomorrow with a onward connection on US west coast. United does not have any advisories for Toronto so no chance to be proactive. Not sure when AC will post whether/if their flight will be delayed for tomorrow afternoon YYZ-LAX.
I always check the AC Flight Status page. Sometimes the info is posted there before FlightAware.

Also with a little digging around, and gate info, I see that tonight's 126 from YVR will arrive at D24 and become 183 tomorrow morning, which is showing as departing from D24.

Nothing is perfect and there could be last minute swaps, but some of the info is out there. Either that or I need a new hobby.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

@ vernonc

Just saw this. Posted 3 hours ago

Five Major Airlines Issue Weather Waivers for Friday Storms

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/wea...rs-may-5-2017/
Old May 5, 2017, 3:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Welcome to the Air Canada Hotel

Pax sleeping everywhere. AC's Aisle 1 has some on the floor and all of the sofas are full of people sleeping. Luggage and blankets and so on. A lot of them are in summer clothes.

In the terminal just outside Aisle 1 are even more, on the chairs, on the floor.
I feel really bad for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.