Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

No rebooking in MLL: another "enhancement?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No rebooking in MLL: another "enhancement?"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Why don't they just put Agents in the MLL who can help with these things are major stations? Ie: YVR / YYZ / YUL
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
YUL domestic did not help rebook this last weekend. Had to call or go to service desk. Being SE must be nice...
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I had no trouble in the YVR Dom MLL for IRROPS last month.
I've been told to basically screw off in:

YVR DOM
YOW DOM
YYC DOM (read the entire adventure in More attitude from YYC MLL staff)

I've been given amazing assistance in:

YYC DOM
YVR TB
YYZ TB
YYZ DOM
YEG DOM
YWG DOM
YHZ DOM

It's not about the lounge, it's about who's working. And the majority of them are great. But some of them are simply ridiculous.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:21 am

this benefit seems to have been removed from the website

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/maple-leaf-lounges.html
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
This is funny.

This is the biggest benefit of a lounge. The amount of times UA and AA lounge agents have helped during IRROPs, or have processed an SDC....
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The very helpful concierge who works the Sunday afternoon shift in YHZ I see hanging out in the MLL about 50% of the time.

Stranded in EWR last night, I rebooked with AC on the phone for a flight today. Went to talk to the UA agent in their lounge, expecting a hotel voucher, and ended up being rebooked on their direct flight home, I guess its seats emptied out as inbound PAX were not.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
And they'll seemingly try and do anything for you. Used the one at IAH this week, they were fantastic (and super friendly).
+1. Was at the UA lounge in Denver yesterday evening. Excellent service for IRROPS. They really do go out of their way to help.
I keep wondering why AC cannot install a bank of phones for customers to connect directly with the call centre. Pax at the airport are likely in need of immediate assistance. Since there are rarely more than 3-4 agents at the desk airside at least they can staff up the call centre. There are many international/TB pax that may not have access to a phone or even know whom to call combined with the wait times on hold.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
i never, ever think of asking for changes at the MLL. I just don't consider that to be among the services they offer... ( unlike the United Club).

I did two routing changes this week to avoid the runway construction at YYZ, but no requests were done at the MLL.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Upon reviewing this site, nowhere does it mention (now) that the MLL has any agents capable of helping with rebookings, ticketing, day-of-flight issues:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

I have, as recently as January, had the YYZ DOM MLL make changes for me (SDC to earlier flight) on a J booking. Walked up, was denied lounge access, told her I wasn't interested in lounge access but wanted to make a SDC, was further denied being directed to service desk downstairs. Turned around, lined up again, went to neighbouring agent, asked her to make SDC... she did the change (literally within earshot of first agent), and out of habit scanned new BP into lounge system... system told her to deny access to lounge, but she waved me in after reading the silly ex-RCMP authored message...

Dunno... YMMV I suppose... first agent appeared new, second agent I've seen for years at YYZ in both TB and DOM, never in INT (in my experience)... those who have met me in person might say I am identifiable by appearance alone.

Edit: I did not bother going in to the MLL (as I repeatedly said to both agents) as the new flight was departing shortly. Access was ancillary; the change was what I wanted.

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Apr 7, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:44 pm

Website is dumb, and agents who refuse to do their job are dumb.

Report them.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
No longer have status. Last week an AC IRROPS was nightmare. This week I took Delta through Atlanta (a mess), but I got lounge access through my AMEX Plat, having just passed the Delta Customer desk lined up forever, the agent in the lounge worked with me for a half hour or so and found me alternative routing (through an alliance partner, Aeromexico) at no charge . What a difference!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by RangerNS
The very helpful concierge who works the Sunday afternoon shift in YHZ I see hanging out in the MLL about 50% of the time.

Stranded in EWR last night, I rebooked with AC on the phone for a flight today. Went to talk to the UA agent in their lounge, expecting a hotel voucher, and ended up being rebooked on their direct flight home, I guess its seats emptied out as inbound PAX were not.
The Concierge in St. John's is basically nonexistent and you need to get a code from her to use the lounge. Maybe if she stayed in the lounge, it would be useful. Stupid system
Old Apr 8, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
This is funny.

This is the biggest benefit of a lounge. The amount of times UA and AA lounge agents have helped during IRROPs, or have processed an SDC....
You can't compare the AC lounge agents and help they provide to the UA and AA ones. The UA and AA ones are in a totally different league than the AC ones.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I have, as recently as January, had the YYZ DOM MLL make changes for me (SDC to earlier flight) on a J booking.
I thought you don't fly AC anymore due to the incident with the MLL and the accountant?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by haolaowai_org
I thought you don't fly AC anymore due to the incident with the MLL and the accountant?
I don't recall him saying that. He tends to favor other airlines, but YVR-YYZ in a pod is hard to do without AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.