Flex Fare Change

Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Flex Fare Change

Sorry if repeated elsewhere. Booked on a flex fare YYZ-YVR flight departing 10.55pm April 12th. Same day change at airport is supposed to be $75. But if on that day I need to change to next flight which is 7am next day, does that incur date change /fare difference fees? Or will the $75 cover it?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AC; Fairmont Plat; Accor Plat; SPG Plat, BA Gold; A3*G; AB Gold;
Originally Posted by M Singh
Sorry if repeated elsewhere. Booked on a flex fare YYZ-YVR flight departing 10.55pm April 12th. Same day change at airport is supposed to be $75. But if on that day I need to change to next flight which is 7am next day, does that incur date change /fare difference fees? Or will the $75 cover it?
It will be date change/fare difference. I SDC all the time, and whether it's a system limitation - or strict adherence to the SDC policy - I've never been able to do a change which crosses a calendar date (unless there were IRROPS).
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
You must come from a land that you can change for free on ANY fare within 24 hours

Youre discovering AC Flex is not actually flex
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
You can change 7562 to 430 though. So I guess there is "some" flexibility.

I wonder if you could move 7562 to 7564 or vice versa... never tried that...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:30 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Is there a way to game the system here? Would the system allow a SDC to a flight departing after midnight, this getting you to the next calendar day, then a subsequent SDC from the post-midnight flight to the 7AM?

If it's even possible, it would mean 2 SDC fees, but might be cheaper than change fee + fare difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.