Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by smallmj
Not if their flights weren't listed as delayed until after boarding
Hence best case Even if the flights were updated you really think they scanning mechanism would be setup and functioning correctly?
Old May 20, 2018, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
New business idea. Kit Kat dispenser. Eligible boarding pass required and after scanning said pass, a fixed quantity of kit kats will be dispensed per eligible BP.

This idea suggested due to not only theft by Y passengers but also because several J passengers on here have admitted to hoarding kit kats and thus cheapening the experience of SE 24left.

Last edited by longtimeflyin; May 20, 2018 at 6:52 am
Old May 20, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
New business idea. Kit Kat dispenser. Eligible boarding pass required and after scanning said pass, a fixed quantity of kit kats will be dispensed per eligible BP.

This idea suggested due to not only theft by Y passengers but also because several J passengers on here have admitted to hoarding kit kats and thus cheapening the experience of SE 24left.
Surely you jest? Weight and technical complexity are two issues, plus I get irritated if I have to show my BP yet again once on board let alone when I want a snack!
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jc94

Surely you jest? Weight and technical complexity are two issues, plus I get irritated if I have to show my BP yet again once on board let alone when I want a snack!

Could be implemented as an app on the in flight entertainment system. The Kit Kats are kept under lock and key. "Lesser" snacks go into the snack basket. The entertainment system is loaded with the final seat assignment, you order you Kit Kats and the in-flight staff provide Kit Kat table service. Perhaps some special Kit Kat shaped china in used.
flyquiet and longtimeflyin like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Fiordland
Could be implemented as an app on the in flight entertainment system. The Kit Kats are kept under lock and key. "Lesser" snacks go into the snack basket. The entertainment system is loaded with the final seat assignment, you order you Kit Kats and the in-flight staff provide Kit Kat table service. Perhaps some special Kit Kat shaped china in used.
Didn't AC try to integrate snacks into their IFE a while back and the implementation was so poor it was eventually removed? I mean I know other airlines do it.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Even simpler than that - just put the Kit Kats in the amenity kit and you’re done!
flyquiet and jc94 like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: Free Agent
Late to this game but my April BNE-YVR (full of athletic types fresh off Commonwealth Games) had many, many KitKats in the basket until just before landing... maybe need to add 'snack status' code to EF so one could choose a snack-avoiding crowd...
Old May 20, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Smile

Originally Posted by jc94

Didn't AC try to integrate snacks into their IFE a while back and the implementation was so poor it was eventually removed? I mean I know other airlines do it.
Yes, but that was the old entertainment system. I thought the new system is from a different vendor.

IT could also include advanced analytics, looking at Kit Kat consumption, load factor, remaining time in the air and likelihood of a pre-landing hold use all that information to ration (based on altitude priority) Kit Kats in period of high demand.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
How many EYWings for successful grabbing a KitKat?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Smarties DO at 40,000 ft!

After the shock of potentially missing mattress pads and other key amenities on-board our Signature Service transcontinental flight to SFO this morning, @24left and I were deeply concerned that the Kit Kats may have gone missing too.

Fearing a chocolate catastrophe, I busted out my Nestle Smarties supply that I always purchase prior to departing Canada (as these candied confections are not available south of the border - how Americans live like that is a question that often keeps me up at night) and shared with 24left to ensure our sweet tooths were satisfied.

Smarties in the air really hit the spot. Even the cabin crew were impressed by our self-catered treats. (Attention Air Canada catering: please consider adding Smarties to the snack basket. Keyword is adding. Do not under any circumstances remove the Kit Kats from the basket. Thanks!).

Thankfully, our fears about missing Kit Kats were for nothing as the awesome galley FA presented us a tray with Kit Kats, chips and liquid hydration.

24left likes this.

Last edited by D582; Jun 17, 2018 at 1:58 pm
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
But did you eat the red ones last?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I purchased a bunch of exotic Kit Kats (even more exotic than the ones I've seen in HKG Duty Free) a few weeks back when I was in MEL. It's a really strange shop in Melbourne Central, they actually make the Kit Kats there. Even had ones made from ruby chocolate. People were literally lined up out the door.

I was very tempted to take a picture on the plane of 'my' Kit Kats in the snack basket of my TPE-YVR flight but decided that a) that would be propagating alternate facts and b) 24Left might drop dead from shock. And since I have yet to meet 24Left, I decided not to take the pix.

But the Kit Kats were really, really good at least according to my Dev team.
24left likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AC SEMM
At least we can now learn how Kit Kats are made - https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/...-made.cnnmoney
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Geoflying
At least we can now learn how Kit Kats are made - https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/...-made.cnnmoney
AWESOME!!!!!

OMG, I want that chocolate machine.

QUOTE:

"Kit Kats are sold in 70 countries and Japan's it its largest market."
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:07 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Very cool.

Beats making them by hand like they do in Melbourne Central.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.