Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Mystery - The Case of the Missing Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you're going to poke fun at me, at least get it right.

It's Coke Zero. Not Diet Coke.
Whoops,
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
No doubt.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else is willing to be an onboard "mystery shopper" of sorts and report back if your flights are missing Kit Kats - or even entire snack bags, and if you dare to ask, what they crew replies are.
On a recent international J on AC ,Mrs.ac777(50k now, last yearS100k) was not served coffee at breakfast. She had to specifically request it. As S100 K on an international flight she did not get her meal order taken earlier and when she asked why she was told all the passengers in the cabin are S 100 K! She says when travelling by herself she does not get the same service, even as 100k , as she gets when travelling with me. Maybe this may also be the missing kit kat story
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Tell Mrs ac777 that I have a similarly unimpressive cumulative experience of Altitude status relative to the experience described by the gentlemen on the forum.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Tell Mrs ac777 that I have a similarly unimpressive cumulative experience of Altitude status relative to the experience described by the gentlemen on the forum.

Indeed.....and why I started this thread last September.

How Can AC employees tell that you have Altitude Status? ...

How Can AC employees tell that you have Altitude Status?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Because the Miss Vickie's reduced-salt/fat/taste/whatever chips taste like stale cardboard and the dark Lindts don't appeal to a lot of people who don't like very dark chocolate.

I miss the milk Lindts.
I like the dark Lindts and KitKats and some of what you are missing may have accidentally (NOT on purpose) been eaten, but 1 time with the 'reduced fat' Miss Vicki's was enough (even with a couple of extra times to make sure).
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:28 pm

I like those snacks on domestic, but foe me the best 'snack' ever (on AC) was the Dim Sum on YVR-SYD many years ago. I could have had that all night long (and maybe did). It was 2nd only to the snacks at the bar in Emirates J .

Dr. PITUK

P.S.Next flight I'll trade you a Kitkat for some Dimsum .
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by painintheuk
...some of what you are missing may have accidentally (NOT on purpose) been eaten.....
not when the bags had not yet been opened or when only one or none were loaded in the first place
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Interesting post. Twenty years ago I was living in Europe and had many FRA - YYZ flights in Executive First. I was really impressed with the chocolate macadamia nut cookies that were baked on the plane. What ever happened to the cookies?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Interesting post. Twenty years ago I was living in Europe and had many FRA - YYZ flights in Executive First. I was really impressed with the chocolate macadamia nut cookies that were baked on the plane. What ever happened to the cookies?
My opinion? Flight dynamics changed with the advent of lie-flat seats. The cookie and ice cream service was maintained for a while, but wastage was sky high. Most Customers did not want to be woken up for this service.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:12 pm

On my last AC trans-Atlantic flight in J, I found a half-eaten Kit Kat wedged next to the window, along with a Seoul bus ticket. Perhaps you just have to look around your seat area more carefully.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I have told her. She was also not keen on chasing S100k as she felt since it did not give her any talked about benefits, why bother. She kept 50 k for lounge access and baggage allowance.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
AC182 last night's YVR-YUL red-eye: snack basket was offered shortly after takeoff. Basket was full, lots of Miss Vickie's and bountiful Kit Kats.

I was in 1D and was served first.

I was crossing 1.5 MM on that flight, so I helped myself to two packs of KK. I ate one and am hoarding the second.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Lots of kit-kats and snacks on my YVR-YYZ flight today AC148. Great crew too!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yay. For you guys.

Maybe your flights are where the missing snack bags from my flights ended up.
(with the exception of the ones going to the jet bridge people)
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NordsFan
AC182 last night's YVR-YUL red-eye: snack basket was offered shortly after takeoff. Basket was full, lots of Miss Vickie's and bountiful Kit Kats.

I was in 1D and was served first.

I was crossing 1.5 MM on that flight, so I helped myself to two packs of KK. I ate one and am hoarding the second.
You got your Instant KK!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.