FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   You've come a long way in 30 years,acysb87 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1829652-youve-come-long-way-30-years-acysb87.html)

acysb87 Mar 15, 2017 6:57 am

You've come a long way in 30 years,acysb87

Received a note from Aeroplan yesterday that notes the following;

"You've been an Aeroplan® Member for 30 years now, and we're excited to celebrate this momentous occasion with you. We hope the miles you've earned since joining the program have been transformed into truly memorable travels and rewarding experiences.

Let's take a look at just how far you've come in 30 years: "

Accumulated over 6 million AE miles and redeemed for 118 flights. No merchandise or hotels.

I found it interesting:)

tcook052 Mar 15, 2017 7:01 am

It's a long way from YSB anywhere. ;) Just kidding. Congrats, acysb87!

24left Mar 15, 2017 7:03 am

Originally Posted by acysb87 (Post 28039764)
Received a note from Aeroplan yesterday that notes the following;

"You've been an Aeroplan® Member for 30 years now, and we're excited to celebrate this momentous occasion with you. We hope the miles you've earned since joining the program have been transformed into truly memorable travels and rewarding experiences.

Let's take a look at just how far you've come in 30 years: "

Accumulated over 6 million AE miles and redeemed for 118 flights. No merchandise or hotels.

I found it interesting:)

CONGRATS! I hope :D

acysb87 Mar 15, 2017 7:20 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 28039795)
It's a long way from YSB anywhere. ;) Just kidding. Congrats, acysb87!

Thanks. Tell me about it. That is a heck of a lot of Dash flights, :eek:DC9s :cool: and 727s :)ex YSB over the years

One of my "goals":) with points was to take Mrs. acysb87 to YYZ(Penticton) to do a wine run in June this year. We will be doing so,again ;):D

Da Nang Viet Nam and Sydney Australia are also on my list. Need the time to spend the time

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Mar 15, 2017 7:43 am

Originally Posted by acysb87 (Post 28039873)
Thanks. Tell me about it. That is a heck of a lot of Dash flights, :eek:DC9s :cool: and 727s :)ex YSB over the years

One of my "goals":) with points was to take Mrs. acysb87 to YYZ(Penticton) to do a wine run in June this year. We will be doing so,again ;):D

Da Nang Viet Nam and Sydney Australia are also on my list. Need the time to spend the time

And a few trips to BGI.
--
13F

flybit Mar 15, 2017 7:44 am

AC needs more customers in one airline towns its lucrative for them. Congratulations.

D404 Mar 15, 2017 8:36 am

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 28039968)
AC needs more customers in one airline towns its lucrative for them. Congratulations.

Since when is YSB a one airline town?

Also, 'grats.

MasterGeek Mar 15, 2017 8:52 am

Did Aeroplan give you any bonus miles or gift to celebrate this milestone ?

Northern Canuck Mar 15, 2017 9:29 am

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 28039968)

YSB has never been a one airline town as far as I remember. Always had Canadian, WestJet, Porter, Bearskin complimenting AC at different times. Now with the return of WestJet we have seen a drop in AC fares. Competition is wonderful.
Congrats acysb, that's a lot of "free" flights. I think they should have given you some free miles though. I have been with AP since the early 90s, wonder if they send out a complimentary email for 25 years? Did you not fly on the Viscount and Vanguard out of YSB or did you just mean flights that earned you points?

acysb87 Mar 15, 2017 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Northern Canuck (Post 28040480)
YSB has never been a one airline town as far as I remember. Always had Canadian, WestJet, Porter, Bearskin complimenting AC at different times. Now with the return of WestJet we have seen a drop in AC fares. Competition is wonderful.
Congrats acysb, that's a lot of "free" flights. I think they should have given you some free miles though. I have been with AP since the early 90s, wonder if they send out a complimentary email for 25 years? Did you not fly on the Viscount and Vanguard out of YSB or did you just mean flights that earned you points?

I remember being on Viscount and Vanguard but that was before AE and a long time ago.

As for free or bonus miles, I did not receive those nor am I expecting any. There is a spot to place where your "goals" and I re prioritized those to reflect comments in post 4.

acysb87 Mar 15, 2017 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ (Post 28039966)
And a few trips to BGI.
--
13F

The number is 35+:cool:

Admiral Ackbar Mar 15, 2017 11:02 am

Did you still have to put the Aeroplan stickers on the paper ticket back then? :D
Congrats on the milestone!

acysb87 Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar (Post 28040906)
Did you still have to put the Aeroplan stickers on the paper ticket back then? :D
Congrats on the milestone!

Paper stickers used to go on Wardair BPs designating seat number.

Bohemian1 Mar 15, 2017 11:28 am

That's really impressive, especially given your base - congrats!

NordsFan Mar 15, 2017 11:30 am

acysb87, a true FFer, a great travel companion and an all-around gentleman. Well done ! :)