Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Amex transfer to aeroplan down since the 16th

Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: On the cusp of elite level with Pan Am and Sabena.

So today after hours of back and forth trying to transfer MR points to Aeroplan I was informed (after 3 calls and 2 online chats) that the reason it was not accepting is that there is an ongoing glitch that has been in place since the 16th and with no remedy in sight. All will seem fine and the transfer will go through. However, after a few seconds it bounces back with no notification that the points have been returned thus leaving the member confused. Many phone calls and apologies later I was informed it is an ongoing situation. My favorite suggestion being "Perhaps you could call Aeroplan to discuss?" Or, "Perhaps you could transfer to another airline?" I was not going to even start to teach them about point valuation and exchanges given that the seats I found on Aeroplan were a good value. Whatever.

Amex is doing nothing and given that this is issue has been since the 16th with no human workaround available is perplexing at best. Of course, it's Aeroplan....the mess that Air Canada hired.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Strange - we booked flights yesterday, and MamaTwick transferred some AMEX points without issue - went through as per usual.

I would get back on the phone to AMEX and escalate until you find someone who has a clue.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:51 pm

No issue here for AMEX MR -> already-linked Aeroplan # THIS WEEK also

CANADIAN

Last edited by jerryhung; Jun 29, 2017 at 8:22 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Transferred some yesterday with no problem.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:22 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I had a glitch a few weeks ago, transferred 50k odd points to AE on the 12th. Usually instant, had 2 LX J seats open and it was not going through even though the points were deducted. Waited to the next morning called, person said that it had been rejected, talked to MR and said it should go through in the next few minutes. It did, the plus/minus points was done on the 13th (-50k on the 12th, +50k and -50k on the 13th). Seats were still available, had to come back one day later however.

I would HUCA.

EDIT: This is a Canadian Amex account

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jun 29, 2017 at 7:36 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:19 am

Transferred 65k 4 days ago from AMEX MR -> Aeroplan and occurred instantly.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Op-is this a Canadian AMEX or US based?

Looks like the posters saying no issues are likely using the Canadian Amex.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Did it 1 hour ago; no issues.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AP Altitude E75K
In the past week, I've transferred AMEX points to Aeroplan from both my Canadian and US card without issue.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I transferred 230,000 a couple of weeks ago. Went through without a hitch and booked my flights that same day. I did however get at least 5 emails over the next few days, starting about a week after the transfer, that my transfer was complete. Had to keep going back to my account to make sure it only happened once!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I transferred 230,000 a couple of weeks ago. Went through without a hitch and booked my flights that same day. I did however get at least 5 emails over the next few days, starting about a week after the transfer, that my transfer was complete. Had to keep going back to my account to make sure it only happened once!
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Go about 4 emails per transfer. This was to a different FF program, though, so just a general AMEX Canada issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.